Login |  Register |  FAQ

players in Ireland

Post subject: players in Ireland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

just a quick post on the off chance theres any epic players/collectors in ireland? i am based in dublin, just registered on the miniwars site

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: players in Ireland
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ah one of my clubmates! i am trying to spread the word. thanks for the heads up though mate.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

exactly, it might prompt others who after seeing zero players dont bother setting up an account.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm going to reply to this one, (my first post in years),

I'm currently living in China, but coming back home again later this year, Novemberish. Back to the folks for Christmas and the New Year, then looking for a place to rent (possibly within commuting of Dublin for my wife's working in future, but to be decided).

It will have been 4 - 4.5 years since I played a proper game of Epic Armageddon, (but the addiction is never broken, only disguised), so I am also very interested in meeting other players in Ireland. Sadly without more of an idea where we will be based, I can't give much info atm. Even if we end up starting in the sticks of Leitrim or Monaghan I would be very interested in some warm-up/build up games on Vassal to remind myself of the rules.

For interest, I also have some Necromunda Redemptorists knocking around.

P.S. Also, all my stuff is terribly painted, if it is.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

lookatmybiglongname wrote:
I'm going to reply to this one, (my first post in years),

I'm currently living in China, but coming back home again later this year, Novemberish. Back to the folks for Christmas and the New Year, then looking for a place to rent (possibly within commuting of Dublin for my wife's working in future, but to be decided).

It will have been 4 - 4.5 years since I played a proper game of Epic Armageddon, (but the addiction is never broken, only disguised), so I am also very interested in meeting other players in Ireland. Sadly without more of an idea where we will be based, I can't give much info atm. Even if we end up starting in the sticks of Leitrim or Monaghan I would be very interested in some warm-up/build up games on Vassal to remind myself of the rules.

For interest, I also have some Necromunda Redemptorists knocking around.

P.S. Also, all my stuff is terribly painted, if it is.

thats great news, always looking for new players and we have a few hardcore Necromunda players. if you wind up within commuting distance of Dublin your within Commuting distance of a Game,

heres our forum were we arrange games, have general nerd talk etc, http://www.warheads.ie worth signing up to, theres a couple of epic related threads on there but this forum is the BEST for anything epic related ;D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was trying to have a look at the warheads site, but sadly it seems to be blocked in China (hooray, as usual). That's a bit odd, as I've just signed up to the Miniwars site, with no problem. The stupid Great Fire Wall may view it as a blog or something. My VPN has packed in and as I'm hopefully returning in a few weeks I'm probably not going to bother sorting it out. I'll definitely have a look when back.

I'll be in touch when I return, like I said not sure where I'll end up yet, won't have a car to start etc. I'll need a few warm-up games though, some rule refreshments and so on, so you may see me around Vassal in the mean time. Minigeddon might be the way forward there.

Yes, this forum is class. Well done everybody, please form an orderly circle so everyone can get a pat on the back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

hi all just giving this a bump, calling all Irish players! ;D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm up North in Belfast and we have had a bit of a revival with about 6-8 players on board.

D.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

daemonkin wrote:
I'm up North in Belfast and we have had a bit of a revival with about 6-8 players on board.

D.

excellent, the wee gamers right? think i was onto you guys on facebook, i would encourage you all to sign up here this forum is great - good advice, news and updated rules.

theres four of us going to run a campaign in 2015 and we will be doing the odd demo game too, between north and south we might have tournament numbers between us? food for thought.

one of the guys here has this excellent site you can register and use it to find players

http://miniwars.co.uk/players

our club page
http://miniwars.co.uk/clubs/profiles/the-warheads

our forum
http://www.warheads.ie

impressed by the big numbers up there great to see!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Already signed up to Warheads ;-)

4 at Wee Gamers, 4 more around North Down Wargaming Centre.

D.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

daemonkin wrote:
Already signed up to Warheads ;-)

4 at Wee Gamers, 4 more around North Down Wargaming Centre.

D.

sweet, thats great news im hoping to get up to one of the cons in belfast, might try and grab a game with you lads in the new year at some stage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd better check in as well, I'm back in Enniskillen now until January, then down to Drogheda in January next year. It'll take a while to get sorted, and indeed organised, as I have a wife a two kids to arrange for as well, but it will happen. Keep me in the loop for anything that's arranged, I've joined miniwars and warheads but haven't checked them much for a while, and will be back in touch when I'm able to do anything.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

lookatmybiglongname wrote:
I'd better check in as well, I'm back in Enniskillen now until January, then down to Drogheda in January next year. It'll take a while to get sorted, and indeed organised, as I have a wife a two kids to arrange for as well, but it will happen. Keep me in the loop for anything that's arranged, I've joined miniwars and warheads but haven't checked them much for a while, and will be back in touch when I'm able to do anything.

your in luck, the northies have by epic standards a huge player population! we are still plugging away with small numbers atm