Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

New Apocalypse units

Post subject: New Apocalypse units
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
And it is fan-made.
But i like the concept of a "Heavy Vindicator" :)

Edit: Oh and expect some of the new Datasheets translated into Epic from me :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(BlackLegion @ Dec. 18 2007,07:07)
Edit: Oh and expect some of the new Datasheets translated into Epic from me :)

We?ve never expected anyting other from you BL  :;):   :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well they ain't got the Chaos Land Raider 'Wall o'Nurgle' on, it only exists in Epic scale, see, and it only has two nozzles on account of it being a more reasonable construction. It does have 7 flags, though...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:30 pm 

(CyberShadow @ Dec. 17 2007,14:52)
We really need to start a 'nozzle count' on these boards! ?:D

One here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:13 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

(Otterman @ Dec. 19 2007,21:30)

(CyberShadow @ Dec. 17 2007,14:52)
We really need to start a 'nozzle count' on these boards! ?:D

One here!

???  :glare:  :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:15 pm 
What, no more nozzle counting? Am I the only be-nozzled person on the board?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:47 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

I don't know about where you guys are, but "nozzle" around here is short for "f***nozzle" and being, having, or in any way operating one is not generally considered a good thing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've just realised.  Apocalypse has downsized the volcano cannon.  It is now just a single barrelled turbo laser with double the blast radius and 2.5 times the range.

It is no longer a weapon to be feared by war engines.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yet another reason why Epic should not folllow 40k's lead :;):
Volcano Cannons always were and always should be one of the most fearsome anto-titan weapons around IMO :;):

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
Well in Epic it would use a 5cm diameter template (if you count the small 5mm disk each infantry model stands on as 1 inch)with TK ability :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

New Ork datasheets:

http://www.golden-throne.com/forum/view ... &start=780

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

FromWarseer:

got a second look over the book tonight when JJ was at the bunker with the copy.

FORMATIONS DATAFAX:

Steel Fury Company: Basically just like the one online 3+ Baneblades in the formation. Check the PDF online if you want to see it.

BB Troop Transport Variant: I believe its called a Banestorm(Something like that). Basically its a 40 model transport(Note that I said model....not specific to any kind of IG unit....Keep that in mind for what you want to cram into it). It comes with a Vulcan Megabolter. The drawing in the book has the Vulcan Turret mounted in the forward spot of the baneblade, with the TL Heavy Bolter. The troops in the rear, so your looking at a Superheavy Chimera profile. The troops inside can have 20 models shooting out of the tank! On top of that, if the tank doesn't move all power can be diverted to the weapons allowing the Megabolter to fire again.

Castillans Command Formation: Its the Cadian Special Character with his own High Command/Honor Guard Formation. He has his own personal High Command squad with several characters like HSO, Psykers, Commissars, Vets, Techie, and so on. On top of that you also get 3 other Command Squads that are part of the formation. This formation gives you 4 Stratagems I believe.

IG Shield Infantry Company: Basically an IG Infantry Company. 1 Command Platoon+at least 3 Infantry Platoons. This formation allows for several stratagems.

IG Armored Fist Company: This one is broken down in the same way as the Armored Tank Companies, where you can take 3 AF Squads to make a AF Squadron formation....OR you can up it to 3 Squadrons+1 Command AF Squad, to make a company.

IG Hellhound formation: This is exactly as you might think, 3 hellhounds with one chosen as a command hound. The formation allows you to combine all 3 templates on one target....TOASTY!

IG Catachan Formation: For those of you who want to bring a flavor of the catachan DWV, here is your formation. This is 3 Hardend Vet Squads+at least 2 SWSs formation. This is an attempt to bring the DWVs into Apocalypse. You get rules for Ambush and Booby Traps, as well as several special rules for moving thru cover to allow for that Jungle Feel to the army.

ASSETS:

In this book each race get their very own set of assets and stratagems. There are some universal ones, but the mood of the book is set to help specific armies. Even the Sisters of Battle have their own stratagem(Holy Crusade I think, like in DoW Soulstorm). The IG get 4 assets for them, which some of the new formations are allowed to use. Right now I can only remember 3 of the 4.

Defensive Line: Basically you get a shield dropped in front of your IG forces. If I remember right you get a +3 or +4 cover save, similar to the blind barrage.

Fortifications: This asset gives you basically 3 Bunkers at AV 14 in your deployment zone.

Fix On My Coordinates!: This has got to be one of the funest one of all. Basically you pick any squad with a Vox Caster. You make a leadership role and if you pass an Orbital Bombardment will drop Exactly right on top of that Vox Model. Heh! I'm not exactly sure, but I believe this asset can be played at any time...

I have to say that I really like this new expansion of Apocalypse. Some of the assets are funny, and wacky. I really dig the Army Specific ones, they sound like fun. Some of the other formations in the book are also sick. A new CC Stompa, Fleeting Fex's, Ork Deffcoptas Squadrons, the new Chaos Masters of the Chapter variant(Black Crusade Command formation), the Necron Immortals formation, Wraith formation, Calgar Honor Guard Formation, Marine 1st Company Formation, Death Wing Redemption force, and the all Nid Warrior formation is crazy! There is indeed lots of goodness in the book for all! Enjoy!

Source: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148633

Farstrike
This is an incredably rare Criss formation when sacrifice is needed to accomplish a task. The pilots are all the same rank and are sworn before an Ethereal before the mission that they will not withdraw. It is known as a MISSION DENIAL FORCE, and has a low possiblity for survival. Its 2-4 crisis teams and up to 2 broadsides which drop in to take a position and hold it.

The units are named after the Tau cycles
KA'SA
MON'LA
EL'RAMON
RAN'UI

and a notable example is the 'Heroes of Sarkeln'

Skysweep Missile defence wing
-cadres all have a pool of skyrays
-anti air, and can warn friendlies of incoming threats

Firesteam Piranha Wing
-these guys scout ahead of everyone

Night Hunter or 'Optimised Stealth Groups'
huge team of independently operating stealths
-first made during Waagh Skarkill who enslaved a human mining world, ultimately scattered the orks.

Firewarrior Counterstrike
-holds back and waits for opportunity to arise- made by Puretide during Dal'yth

RACE ASSETS

DARKSTAR WARHEAD- Neutron missile which kills biological in order to keep machines fine.

ICE FIRE WARHEAD- deployed from space, electromagnetic pulse that knocks out machinery.

REMOTE DRONE NETWORK
-above the battlefield are hundreds of drones feeding in data to everyone

Source: http://warseer.com/forums/showthrea...t=148633&page=2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(ragnarok @ Dec. 30 2007,10:24)
I've just realised. ?Apocalypse has downsized the volcano cannon. ?It is now just a single barrelled turbo laser with double the blast radius and 2.5 times the range.

It is no longer a weapon to be feared by war engines.

The problem is that Apocalypse has no rule for Titan Killer weaponry. It has "Destroyer" weapons, which really translate to Macro Weapons.

Forgeworld had a Titan Killer 40K ability, would be easy to tack that onto the true TK weapons in addition to Destroyer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

"Destroyer" weapons ARE Titankiller weapons. If you roll well enough you can destroy a WE with only one hit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

But that applies to any weapon, doesn't it? It doesn't really crunch through structure points any more than anything else? That was my impression, might need to have another look.

In any case, Apocalypse could do with some differentiation between MW and TK attacks. Wasn't 40K meant to be more detailed??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next