Login |  Register |  FAQ

Iyanden suggestions

Post subject: Iyanden suggestions
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

I posted the following suggestions for Iyanden in my battle report, but I thought I might as well put them in a separate thread to facilitate (and encourage!) discussion.

Quick recap:

According to MC23 and several other playtest results, a 6-strong Spirit Warhost, able to embark in a Vampire Raider, was found too strong at 350 points.

MC23 then suggested 4-strong formations for 250 and limiting the Vampire Raiders to a mawimum of 4 Wraithguards per Vampire. After playtest (only one game, though...), I got the impression that, while the Vampire-borne Spirit Warhosts were fine (not as tough but still able to do some damage), the Spirit Warhost deplyed via webway portals of Wave Serpents were a bit weak, lacking either the mobility or the toughness necessary to be a real threat on the battlefield.

Having said all this, here's what I suggest:

* Wraithguards take up two space in Vampire Raiders (as per MC23's suggestion).

* Spirit Warhost:
- 4 Wraithguards for 250 points.
- Upgrade A: +2 Wraithguards for +125 points, and optional Wave Serpents for + 50 each (must take enough WS to transport the whole formation).
- Upgrade B: + 3 Wraithlords for + 175 points. If Upgrade B is taken, then no Wave Serpent may be taken.

* Reduce the cost of the Wraithseer (Supreme Commander) to 75 points.

With this proposition, the player would have to choose whether to use a smaller formation for an air assault or bigger one for deployment via portals or Wave Serpent.

What do you think?

BTW, is MC23's still around? I haven't seen him post in a while and I'd really like to have his thoughts on the subject.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Hojyn @ 18 Jan. 2006 (17:10))
What do you think?

BTW, is MC23's still around? I haven't seen him post in a while and I'd really like to have his thoughts on the subject.

As I've said in another post. My main computer died and getting it running and then having to replace all the lost data has taken up a lot of my time. It will be a while before I'm back to a daily prescence here.

I'm a little uncertain if the Spirit Host should have a variable number of Wraithguard but I guess playing is one way to find out if it possibly be abusive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (MC23 @ 19 Jan. 2006 (04:07))
As I've said in another post. My main computer died and getting it running and then having to replace all the lost data has taken up a lot of my time. It will be a while before I'm back to a daily prescence here.

I'm a little uncertain if the Spirit Host should have a variable number of Wraithguard but I guess playing is one way to find out if it possibly be abusive.

Ouch, sorry to hear about your computer crash, it's always a pain when it happens...

I'll see if I can get a game or two (not before a few weeks, though) with a variable-size Spirit Warhost and see how it affects play balance.

Thanks for your answer and good luck getting your computer back in working order.