Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Ulthwe v4.1

Post subject: Re: Ulthwe v4.1
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:27 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Ulrik wrote:
kyussinchains wrote:
Also Rug, unless I'm misunderstanding (which may be a distinct possibility!) The EUK list only has 2 formations at int1+.... black guardians in the EUK list are int2+ (to stop the possibility of an automatic double-retain)

The NetEA list got downgraded to Developmental over just that issue, so I'm not sure you can count that as a point in favor of it...

I'm not, I'm simply pointing out something Rug may have missed....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rug wrote:
kyussinchains wrote:
Also Rug, unless I'm misunderstanding (which may be a distinct possibility!) The EUK list only has 2 formations at int1+.... black guardians in the EUK list are int2+ (to stop the possibility of an automatic double-retain)

Has this always been the case and I have been mixing NetEA and EUK in my head to make an Uber list? Also has it always been the case that the Seer Council can't be included in the same formation as Wave Serpents?

EpicUK Black Guardians have always been init2+.

The Seer Council changed at the last review (possibly not completely intentionally and was probably a consequence of the change to the upgrade format). Although even in the previous versions although you could have a Seer Council in a formation including Wave Serpents it was never listed as a unit that could be transported by them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some interesting thoughts there, certainly on how to use them.
I must admit I tried going for the engagements with my Guardian formations, but they didn't seem to cut it. I guess I need to try more of the combined engagements using multiple formations.

Also interesting to note about the Dark Reapers and Falcons being roughly the same as Black Guardians.

On the Seer Council note, I thought they were just an upgrade of a farseer, so therefore didn't take up extra space. Unless I have gotten the transport info wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Im still confused about the Seer Council, the list mentions that they can be transported. Also do they not just count as an infantry stand as they are an upgrade of a Farseer unit?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Bellerophon wrote:
Im still confused about the Seer Council, the list mentions that they can be transported. Also do they not just count as an infantry stand as they are an upgrade of a Farseer unit?

Usually character upgrades just add to units, but the Seer Council is a separate unit that replaces a Farseer unit, so it would need to be listed under the transport options of Wave Serpents to actually be carried.

Although as Rug says that isn't really the main reason it can't be carried in a Wave Serpent anymore in the EUK list. Now the problem would be that the upgrade options that allow a Seer Council are separate to those that allow the transport option.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rug wrote:
In the Black Guardian entry of the Epic UK list the Seer Council upgrade can't be taken with the Transport upgrade. I'm not sure it's necessary for balance but it is what it is!

Ulthwe has the highest win percentage of any EUK army (admittedly probably a great deal of that is because of DaveT), it would be very hard to argue for any buff no matter how minor at this point.

Ulthwe was certainly discussed for a possible nerf when we were looking over DKOK but it was decided to wait and see for the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rug wrote:
Maybe, but whilst I might not be as well practiced now, I think if 12 out of the 14 tournaments they were used by Dave T, Tiny Tim or myself the stats aren't going to be all that representative.

I agree and that is why we didn't make any changes. But we are still going to watch it and as small a buff as this would be, it is still a buff.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rug wrote:
Please guys take a look at Alaitoc or get some of the testers to share some tips!

Not really sure what tips you want. The list was really just included for completion. Have some fun assassinating enemy characters with teleporting snipers would be my tip.

Otherwise just play it as an Eldar list which is never going to be weak just not as optimal as Biel-Tan and its Void Spinners.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok cool that has cleared things up a bit. Looks like my group just want to stick with NetEA lists for the time being. I hope to get some more games in with the Ulthwe just need to work out what to take and how to use them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next