Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Iyanden v4.1

Post subject: Re: Iyanden v4.1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Can't wait for the new sub-AC :) Iyanden is one of my favourite eldar craftworlds (well, maybe Ulthwé is the second one -but hey, it's much easier to paint black!), and I hope that the list will keep it's unique flavor..

I played a lot with SM last year -but when I cleaned up my room, I found my little blue&yellow space elves, so I hope that someone will create a more balanced list for them, so I can play with Iyanden again, without the burning hatred from my friends :D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:48 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Have you tired the EUK version of the list as an alternative? At 3k it is very difficult to play but becomes easier at 4k+.

This might help with ideas for the NetEA list/progress.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

NO, I try to stick with NetEA. EUK has a different flavor, point costs, and point of view.. Sometimes more balanced, but less exciting :D

Expensive lists are better at higher point games, but hey, this is a built-in drawback :D Wraithguard are strong, they need some limitations..

BTW how many ACTIVE Iyanden players are around? NetEA/EUK , doesn't matter, just want to be aware, how many of us are testing -and how many are just interested in starting an Iyanden list..? So, who's playing regulary with this list?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I played with it a few games against Tyranids (a harsh matchup for the 'nids indeed); There are batreps of them if you're interested.

I'd like to play it again, if it is toned down a bit. It did feel a bit like bringing a minigun to a knife fight...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:17 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I have a sizable Iyanden force I use semi regularly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I play... :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

pati wrote:
Try these unit compositions for the same points cost!
-4wg+ Serpents
-6WG on foot
-4WG+2 WLords? as an upgrade! :) let's just combine them, to see how they work!

I'd love those. Gathering 8 wraithguard stands and a few wave serpents or wraithlords is almost possible; twelve is another matter altogether.

*edit* With eight and the current Iyanden list you can still make a legal army, but it's basically a tank army with a wraithguard unit attached.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

carlisimo109 wrote:
pati wrote:
Try these unit compositions for the same points cost!
-4wg+ Serpents
-6WG on foot
-4WG+2 WLords? as an upgrade! :) let's just combine them, to see how they work!

I'd love those. Gathering 8 wraithguard stands and a few wave serpents or wraithlords is almost possible; twelve is another matter altogether.

*edit* With eight and the current Iyanden list you can still make a legal army, but it's basically a tank army with a wraithguard unit attached.

Sure the Wraithguards is sometimes hard to come by but this is an army based on just those small figures so I'm not a big fan of lowering the number needed to field an army. (I have collected wraithguards to be able to field 18 stands over some years)
That said I also think some of patis suggestions would be nice but wouldn't they also make this army even better? Now you do not have an option so if you want to have waveserpents or wraithlords with the core unit you have to pay the price of a medium titan...
4 wraithguards in waveserpents for the same price as a mounted guardian warhost...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, i don't think thats a good idea at all (smaller unit sizes). One of the drawbacks of this list is that the core formations are expensive. The list does not need help negating that drawback.

I still think the easiest change which meddles (is that the word?) the least is taking away the +1 initiative modifiers to the spirit seers and making a stricter "living few" rule.
Do not change points costs and/or unit sizes.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, I also like the idea of 6 unit of wraithguards, it was just some brainstorming :)

BTW, a question is bothering me for a ling time now -why don't Iyanden list uses the Guardians as a Troup, not a Warhost? This can is the true living few.. And insted of them, include the Wraithlords as a Warhost. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

uvenlord wrote:
Sure the Wraithguards is sometimes hard to come by but this is an army based on just those small figures so I'm not a big fan of lowering the number needed to field an army. (I have collected wraithguards to be able to field 18 stands over some years)

Wraithlords substituting for a couple of wraithguard stands doesn't sound wrong for Iyanden; they're both ghost warriors. I would've expected to see them as a core formation. If that's too great a change, I thought mixed wraithguard/wraithlord formations might be reasonable.

Keep in mind you can currently make a 3,000 point army with just one wraithguard formation and a bunch of tanks. Surely that's worse (fluffwise) than an army with two formations of six wraith constructs each even if it means fewer wraithguard per formation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

carlisimo109 wrote:
uvenlord wrote:

Keep in mind you can currently make a 3,000 point army with just one wraithguard formation and a bunch of tanks.

Yes, according to the rules it's possible. But I'm sure, no one plays Iyanden that way. People play with this list, to have tons of wraithguard, because they're crazy awesome :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

pati wrote:
carlisimo109 wrote:
uvenlord wrote:

Keep in mind you can currently make a 3,000 point army with just one wraithguard formation and a bunch of tanks.

Yes, according to the rules it's possible. But I'm sure, no one plays Iyanden that way. People play with this list, to have tons of wraithguard, because they're crazy awesome :D

First rule of list testing: As your surety that "no one plays X that way" increases, the chances they will do exactly that approaches 1 ;D

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I wouldn't mind seeing someone with just 1 formation and a lot of tanks. The restriction is there to prevent an all infantry army.
Quote:
Wraithlords substituting for a couple of wraithguard stands doesn't sound wrong for Iyanden; they're both ghost warriors. I would've expected to see them as a core formation. If that's too great a change, I thought mixed wraithguard/wraithlord formations might be reasonable.

Not really sure why you need this. You can field mixed units as the list is now it will just cost you a little more :)

Last edited by uvenlord on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

uvenlord wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing someone with just 1 formation and a lot of tanks. The restriction is there to prevent an all infantry army.
pati wrote:

Not really sure why you need this. You can field mixed units as the list is now it will just cost you a little more :)

I wrote this? :D

I'm asking about troupe Guardians, and warhost Wraithlords! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next