Login |  Register |  FAQ

Iyanden Craftworld v4.0

Post subject: Iyanden Craftworld v4.0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:07 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Here is a PDF of the Iyanden Craftworld list.

Changes:
Engine of Vaul formation cost: One EoV for250 + 0-2 more at +200 each.
Scorpion Pulsars get three shots.
Titan Pulsars get three shots.
Cobras regain Ignore Cover.
Howling Banshees get CC, MW against INF only.

Let me know if you find any typos or errors.

Army unique units can be found on page 3 of the Reference sheets in the OP of the Biel-Tan thread.

Attachments:
Iyanden4.0.pdf [116.94 KiB]
Downloaded 370 times

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Iyanden Craftworld v4.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Spectrar Ghost wrote:
Here is a PDF of the Iyanden Craftworld list including the following changes from the Compendium: Quantity discounts for Engines of Vaul. There are no unit reference sheets yet - partly they take a lot longer, partly I want to let the chatter on the proposed changes die down before I implement anything.

Let me know of any other concerns you have relating to this list in particular, as well as any concerns with formatting/proofreading (I had to make the text in the tables 6pt to have a hope of fitting everything on one page).

For some reason, you seem to think that spirit warrior warhosts have an intiative of 2+. However, the compendium states the spiritseer and wraithseer adds +1 to the initiative rolls of the spirit host, so that would make them 1+ initiative.

Spiritseers and Wraithseers also give farsight. So that's even better overall initiatvie than even aspect warrior warhosts.

Either I missed something, or you have been playing EUK Iyanden where Spiritseers do not give +1 Initiative....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:16 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

LordotMilk wrote:
Spectrar Ghost wrote:
Here is a PDF of the Iyanden Craftworld list including the following changes from the Compendium: Quantity discounts for Engines of Vaul. There are no unit reference sheets yet - partly they take a lot longer, partly I want to let the chatter on the proposed changes die down before I implement anything.

Let me know of any other concerns you have relating to this list in particular, as well as any concerns with formatting/proofreading (I had to make the text in the tables 6pt to have a hope of fitting everything on one page).

For some reason, you seem to think that spirit warrior warhosts have an intiative of 2+. However, the compendium states the spiritseer and wraithseer adds +1 to the initiative rolls of the spirit host, so that would make them 1+ initiative.

Spiritseers and Wraithseers also give farsight. So that's even better overall initiatvie than even aspect warrior warhosts.

Either I missed something, or you have been playing EUK Iyanden where Spiritseers do not give +1 Initiative....

It's been a while since I played my Iyanden TBH. They were my primary army for a long while, but I'm rusty. :-[ I thought It was just the Wraithseer that did that for some reason. We can look into it - it's probably not neccessary to have, but it is fluffy. I know 3+ Init with the +1 has been discussed, what's your feeling on that instead?

Give me a few days to finish wrapping my head around the current states of the lists (and to get the stat sheets written) and I'll be less prone to these sorts of mistakes. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:20 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Uploaded list with some typo corrections to OP. No other changes at this time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

3+ initiative and +1 with spiritseer (who also gives farsight) is good for me. It's also probably the best option, balance and fluffwise. Only flaw is that it is a bit bitty.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A general Init 3+ for the Spirit Host with a +1 for the Spirit Seer being present would make this very expensive (especially with transport) formation very poor if you lost the Spirit Seer, say to a sniper shot or well place barrage. At the basic size this is likely to be combined with being broken making it most unlikely that the formation will rally.

My basic point is that the bonus initiative comes at some risk. Although I do accept that it is a great bonus.

If it is going to be changed perhaps you might make the basic initiative 2+ but give the Spirit Seer Farsight and a +1 to rally only, rather than a blanket +1 to the initiative (as at present). That would stop the auto-retain and leave the formation rather more aim-less if the Spirit Seer were lost.