Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Saim-Hann Craftworld 4.2****Going for approval*****

Post subject: Re: Saim-Hann Craftworld 4.2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:11 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Got a further game in on Friday night, 3k vs Orks. I took a couple of photos, but I had forgotten to charge the camera battery so didn't capture the whole game.

Main points from the game though were that once the Ork Landa, with Kult of Speed, was shot down the Orks were at a great disadvantage, even if the S-H won strategy for turns 2 & 3 and failed to activate with double 1 both times.

The list I used was as follows:

1. Wild Riders (2 Vipers) + Chieftain, Farseer & +3 Bikes
2. Wild Riders (2 Vipers) + Farseer & +3 Bikes
3. Shining Spears incl 2 Exarchs
4. Swords of Vaul (3 Falcons & 2 Firestorms)
5. Swords of Vaul (3 Falcons & 2 Firestorms)
6. Night Spinners
7. Hornets (4)
8. Scout Riders (2 Vipers)
9. Vampire Hunter
10. Revenants
11. Wraithship

Other points -
Vampire Hunter - did little, failed to activate, killed lots out of its three activations
Wild Riders - larger formation size works better for these than more activations but smaller sized.
Hornets - performed well and was the main point of grumbling from my opponent, although I was surprised that he let them live into the second turn.
Scout Riders - work well as fill in formation and to push the opposition back.
Wraithship - just placed a BM in this game & perhaps I should have used the pin point and not the Barrage.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Saim-Hann Craftworld 4.2****Going for approval*****
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think that stat line for the Hornet is spot on at first looks. I won't have time for any games over the next few weeks sadly, but look forward to seeing how this goes moving forward.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Weird, this theead keeps popping up in my "unread topics" list although no new posts has been made to it??

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not sure, but where is the pdf with list etc.? Is this list already approved and in the TP? I am confused...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:31 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

pdf has been lost with PFE100's posts. I'll get the latest version and repost it.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was confused to by the version being submitted for approval.
Far as I can tell the latest version is 4.2.2 was the one that was submitted for approval, which needs a little cleaning up.

Here are my thoughts:
In the Special Rules:
Under May Not Garrison, rename the Scout Rider Jetbikes to Siam-Hann Scout Troups, ie: To represent there tactics, only Siam-Hann Scout Troups are allowed to garrison objectives in the Epic tournament game scenario (as long as they follow all rules in 6.1.5, ie Formations where half or more of the units (rounding up) are Scouts) *
Remove the "Expert Riders" section from the Special Rules on page one, instead rename: jetbikes, vypers and scout rider jetbikes to:
Siam-Hann Jetbike
Siam-Hann Vyper
Siam-Hann Scout Jetbike
and give each of the above its' own entry the Eldar Forces reference sheet, including in that entry the invulnerable save (remove the jetbike, viper and scout rider jetbike entries).

On the Siam Hann Craftworld Army List
Update the Wild Rider Clan Warhost to:
-One unit of Wild Riders and six Siam-Hann Jetbikes
-Reword to "replace any number of Siam-Hann Jetbikes with an equal number of Siam-Hann Vypers for free.
-Replace "Add three Jetikes..." with "0-2 Add three Siam-Hann Jetbikes for +75 points"
-Replace " Add one Farseer..." with "0-1 Add one Farseer character for +25 points"
-Replace " Add one Wild Rider..." with "Add one Wild RIder Chieftain character per army for +75 points

Sword of Vaul
- Is it your intent to have for FREE: Replace any number of Falcons with an equal number of Fire Prisms? Your earlier post seems to contradict this (or maybe it is just the stat change of the Fire Prisms you are referring to).
-Currently the 4.2.2 document has the Fire Prism Stats at AP3+/AT3+, L it is my understanding that that has been changed back to the approved stats of AP4+/AT2+, L as such the document needs to be updated for the approvers.

Hornets
- ? Replace "Add up to 1 Hornet for 50 points each" to "Add up to 2 Hornets for 50 points each" ?

Scout Rider Troupe
- Reword to: "Siam-Hann Scout Troupe (0-1 per Wild Rider Clan)
- Replace "Replace up to two..." with "Replace Siam-Hann Scout Jetbikes with an equal number of Siam-Hann Vypers for free" *see rational below

* I was surprised by the recent change to limit the amount of Vypers in this unit. The concern that I hear was the fact that they could garrison all Vypers forward. With only the jetbikes in the formation having scout, you are limited to a max of three Vypers if you want to garrison the unit. I feel that the unit self regulates and there is no need to impose any internal unit limits because you either have a garrisonable unit with a max of 3 Vypers or a non garrisonable unit with a max of 6 vypers.

The above I think would go a long way to keeping things clean and easier to reference, especially if this is going for approval.

Regarding submission for Approval Status.
I am a little surprised that this is going up the line for Approval given the playtesting has been limited to

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next