Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Tau Army List vs 6.8 (Approved)

Post subject: Re: Tau Army List vs 6.8 (Approved)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, in that case I’ll aim to get it tested some here then? (Sweden in this case), don’t know how helpful that might be, but I’ll try and get some reports down on it, and see what the other (a bit more experienced) players think.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:13 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Cyguns wrote:
Well, in that case I’ll aim to get it tested some here then? (Sweden in this case), don’t know how helpful that might be, but I’ll try and get some reports down on it, and see what the other (a bit more experienced) players think.
That'd be great! Appreciate the help! And best of luck of course

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tau AC: viewforum.php?

Net EA Chair

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I’m sad to see the changes to the Manta didn’t go through, I did notice the upgrade cost for Crisis was passed, 2 crisis for 75p , but is it not any longer possible to add only one? (At 50p)

Did the wording for upgrading Hammerheads with Railguns change?
It now reads “Note: adding one or more Railguns cost +25p” it doesn’t say each I know, but if not familiar with the previous version, I think there might be a risk for confusion leaving some poor sod paying 300p for four Railheads ^^

anything else that was changed ??

Last edited by Cyguns on Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh and it looked like Hammerhead Rails , still, officially carries smart missile systems rather then burst cannons

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:35 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey Cyguns,

No new changes have been added for Tau recently. The Manta is still in testing and the Hammerhead secondary weapon issues were never formally voted on so they would be addressed in the next update. There's more detail on that further up the thread.

As for wording on Hammerhead upgrades, that hasn't been changed to the best of my knowledge.

I believe the current list is the one that's been in place over a year now.

Net EA Chair

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hmmm, maybe I’ve missed an update somehow? But I got back to the game this year, and the list found in the beginning of this thread is no longer coherent with the list found on the NetEA pack list. And it used to be, apart from the burst cannon thing? So something is up?

I’m playing a tournament this weekend, and it was mentioned that a lot of lists have gotten little tweaks put in. And the player was wondering if we, as all tournament lists have been handed in, should play through the tournament according to the old list. This is why I checked the Tau list out , to see if something has been changed and stumbled upon the variations previously mentioned.

http://tp.net-armageddon.org/pdfs/netea ... -10-17.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:25 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Cyguns wrote:
Hmmm, maybe I’ve missed an update somehow? But I got back to the game this year, and the list found in the beginning of this thread is no longer coherent with the list found on the NetEA pack list. And it used to be, apart from the burst cannon thing? So something is up?

I’m playing a tournament this weekend, and it was mentioned that a lot of lists have gotten little tweaks put in. And the player was wondering if we, as all tournament lists have been handed in, should play through the tournament according to the old list. This is why I checked the Tau list out , to see if something has been changed and stumbled upon the variations previously mentioned.

http://tp.net-armageddon.org/pdfs/netea ... -10-17.pdf
That's an EpicUK based document, so it reflects the stat lines they're utilizing. When in doubt, defer to the TP.

Net EA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well UK based or no , It’s what you get when you go to the PDF from here

http://tp.net-armageddon.org/

And if you click Tau you get this

http://tp.net-armageddon.org/army-lists/tau.html

And that now reads the same as this supposed UK based doc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:51 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I think we be talking about the same point.

Here's a quick breakdown for clarity: the current NetEA TP has seeker missles assigned to all versions of Hammerheads. The EpicUK version has a change where some Railheads have burst cannons instead. It looks like in the development of the NetEA Tau list, there was the same intent, but it never formally voted on or approved, leading to a disparity between the two versions and documents floating around with two versions.

The takeaway is that NetEA currently has seeker missiles on all variants. There's a plan to change that in the future. If you're asking what should be used at NetEA tournaments, it should be seekers until a revised 3rd Sphere list is put forward. I hope to have that include changes to the Manta as well.

For crisis suits, its currently listed at 2/75. The intent was 50 pts per single and 75 pts per pair, but there was a miscommunication with the request when it was put before the ERC. This will also be clarified.

Net EA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh ok, that’s good then, cuz it seemed there would now only be possible to either get two more crisis for 75p or none at all.

Also it should imo be made clear it’s up to four extra Crisus up too a total of 8,
So there’s no confusion as to how many times you can utilize the upgrade.
Since it generally says, “you can take every upgrade once” it could cause you to think you can only
Add two crisis once, and that’s it.

Also the 2/75p option is not yet available in the Armybuilder :b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cyguns wrote:
Oh ok, that’s good then, cuz it seemed there would now only be possible to either get two more crisis for 75p or none at all.

Also it should imo be made clear it’s up to four extra Crisus up too a total of 8,
So there’s no confusion as to how many times you can utilize the upgrade.
Since it generally says, “you can take every upgrade once” it could cause you to think you can only
Add two crisis once, and that’s it.

Also the 2/75p option is not yet available in the Armybuilder :b

I have a modified version of the tau armyforge list but I have not created a merge request for it as I was expecting the crisis upgrade issue to be resolved; I have them at 4-8 for 50/125 but since the list still doesn't say that, I can't. The TP list is either 4 or 6, that's it. There's also no version number because a new 6.9 PDF has not been generated with the latest ERC changes, and it also means it is not valid for EpicUK tournaments (there is no such thing as an EpicUK Tau list, they use the NetEA list, it just hasn't been updated from 6.8 - the same version as is on this thread).

The hammerhead change was introduced in version 6.70 [1], and was followed by more changes to the rail cannon (to add not-lance). That profile made it through to approval whereupon the version was bumped to 6.8. To be honest it seems to me that the TP is just wrong in this case. It might not have been listed in Joe's summary of changes in the first post of the thread, but the army list as a whole was approved.

The current status is a mess but I think we are making a mountain out of a molehill here. Just update the profile of the hammerhead in the TP to match 6.8, fix the crisis upgrade wording in the TP too, and create a new document with version 6.9 (to do that we need the source document or else to recreate it). Is anyone on the ERC seriously worried that the Tau list was broken when people were allowed to take 5 crisis suits? Come on.

[1]
yme-loc wrote:
7. Hammerhead - Main gun goes to AT3+, loses Smart missiles system for Burst Cannons. (Fits background and gives a little help to the Tau list in some match ups, needs testing, might require the Railhead to go to FF6+ to justify the continued low cost. Ionhead reduced in price.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just to re-iterate, there is no UK list, only NetEA. The NetEA Approved 6.8 list has burst cannons on the railhead. This is a NetEA change, discussed here on this forum, not an Epic UK change. Epic UK adopts the NetEA list, not the other way around.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:05 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Kyrt wrote:
Just to re-iterate, there is no UK list, only NetEA. The NetEA Approved 6.8 list has burst cannons on the railhead. This is a NetEA change, discussed here on this forum, not an Epic UK change. Epic UK adopts the NetEA list, not the other way around.
Kyrt, thanks for the clarification re Epic UK/NetEA Tau lists.

As for the approval record, I appreciate you weighing in, but this isn't 100% accurate. I already checked with and confirmed with the ERC that the burst cannon change was never put forward for a vote and approval. It looks like the change was discussed and tested, but never formally put forward, so never voted on. While I don't expect objections, I want to follow the proper avenues and have to ERC vote on list changes. The aim is for v6.9 to include this, the crisis suit clarification, and changes to the Manta.

I agree that there shouldn't be issues, and that the current state is a bit of a mess from the past oversights. Folks can def use the changes, at discretion of a TO.

Net EA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The thing is though, there was never a version of the railhead with the current TP profile tested. The version with lance that the ERC voted on had burst cannons, you can see that in the list. I can accept that Joe forgot to include the change in the summary of changes he sent to the ERC so they might not have been explicitly aware, but there -was- a change to the hammerhead profile that they must have reviewed, the list document had burst cannons and therefore so did the playtests. It just seems a bit backwards, especially since they apparently approved a version that is just categorically better than the one that was tested. Would they be happy if you just changed the PDF version to match what they approved i.e. a buff to the hammerhead? As it seems you dont need their permission to do that.

If it gets sorted out soon then fair enough, but it has been in a state of limbo for a long time. Do you have the source for the PDF by the way?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That sounds like a good solution. It’s not like the Railgun is dramatically OP is it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next