Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Tau Fio'Ka - SUPERSEDED BY XAR'KA list

Post subject: Re: Tau Fio'Ka Armoured Strike Force v 0.2 (Experimental)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It was really only a starting point, I think from the original design from the Tau 4.X years. I never really wanted to include it but was brow beaten into doing so. :D

Feel free to use whatever you want as I haven't seen this list getting much attention from many players. As your list is getting more action, I'll use whatever stats you decide on Matt so we're on the same page.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry to hear you were brow-beaten into including the moray lol, but thanks for the reply and open-minded approach Dobsy. :D

I expect that's partly because some people own the (expensive!) model and haven't been able to use it, and because some people see a requirement for a ground based TK weapon in an army that is almost entirely shooting-orientated.

I know in my local gaming environment Titans and reinforced armour lists like Minervans are extremely popular, and AP-heavy tau can actually struggle to scratch the paint. Besides, whatever the local meta, its great to have more options.

Post subject: Re: Tau Fio'Ka Armoured Strike Force (Experimental)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Have updated the list to 0.3 in line with the Vior'la and Third Phase list on the first page of the thread.

Changes are:

Moray weapon changes: match the Vior'la list's Moray
Piranha upgrade: goes back to the standard list's version.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Updated the list with the changes from the Third Phase list in regards to Rail Guns.
Deleted the Twin Plasma Rifle Hammerhead - can't see a point in it when it's AP4+.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking for a little intel and opinions, please look at my last 2 posts here - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=26241&start=30 Look forward for any input ... Thanks ! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry L4 not sure what you need. Are you making your own list?

Personally, I am considering removing the Moray altogether from this list for the various reasons I've mentioned previously and now with the addition of the new Rail Gun weapon I think the "Not-Lance" ability seems to give the list great hitting power now and I don't think the Moray is necessary any longer.

What do others feel about this?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well as I said, I base my list on an earlier version of the Tau rules ... And it should work for my gaming crew, also based on the models I have. Just asking a broad question ... If I place the Morays where I said on the link ... do you think it will be a generally good plan + any rules for the Aerial Mines. We don't play any one but among our very small group, so it just among us ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think the Air Caste section would be appropriate L4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

For the Morays ... I've seen them on different rules, at different locations ... Air Caste or a Contingent/ Upgrade/ Attachment ... I like the Planetfall and Pop-up capabilities ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dobbsy wrote:
Personally, I am considering removing the Moray altogether from this list for the various reasons I've mentioned previously and now with the addition of the new Rail Gun weapon I think the "Not-Lance" ability seems to give the list great hitting power now and I don't think the Moray is necessary any longer.

What do others feel about this?

I agree. I don't think it is special enough or that it fills a sufficently unique gap to warrant being included as a fan-created unit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oops wrongy posted :)

3 questions.

1. What was the thought behind splitting the Tiger Shark AX-1-0 squadron?
2. What was the though behind limiting Tiger Shark AX-1-0 to only one for each 3000 points?
3. How far is this list in the approval pipeline?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I realise Dobbsy is currently taking a bit of a sabbatical from epic / involvement with dev, But i'd be interested to see an update of this list to fall in line with other tau list formations,

In particular a few things that stand out are the barracuda & AX 1-0.

I've got the urge to start a tau force, but for some reason neither of the other two offerings appeal to me like this one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The colonial Earth Caste have recently been busy manufacturing armoured support for my Tau forces.
Previous efforts converted Orca drop ships as missile support Scorpionfish class craft.

In planning future force upgrades ahead of deploying a full armoured strike group, I have assumed
that this list would adopt the current Tau 6.8 standards. Some thoughts I had trying to form
3000 and 4000 point armies.

The mechanised core cadre is a monster of a formation.
The 1 core to 2 support constraint is very strong with the more expensive core formations.

I had wondered about removing the Mechanised Cadre (with attached armour) from the core,
and placing a regular Mechanised Infantry Cadre in the support section. Then allowing a cross-attach
rule to swap 2 Hammerheads with one Devilfish + 2 Fire Warriors from one formation to another,
like modern (?) NATO practice.

You could/would still allow extra Hammerhead attachments as an upgrade, and perhaps introduce a
Fire Warrior upgrade (Devilfish + 2 Fire Warriors) for the Armoured Cadres to mimic the previous
Warsaw Pact armoured doctrine.

The Moray is probably not a realistic include if seeking approval for the list - fan made and all that.
Stealth Suits are a little odd given the mechanised theme but fine in terms of fluff - operating ahead of the lines.

I'd like to see mechanised Pathfinders. Think elite pathfinder type infantry could easily be attached to
armour spearhead groups to lead the way, . . . They would be in the support section so certainly not
easy to spam.

There is not much for the Orca to carry, aside from the Stealth Suits, . . . Gun Drones on a recycle, . . . ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This Tau Variant has got some good ideas and units in it, but at moment it's dormant.
If there is still interest in an Armoured Cadre I could add a few tweaks and update it so the stats and units to better match the more current Tau lists, after I finish the new update to Vior'la Tau.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've been waiting for this list, but I also haven't started a Tau army yet. I still have plans to make a Fio'Ka army, so I'd be happy to see this list working.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next