Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Questoris Mechanicus (Developmental)

Post subject: Re: House Raven v1.3 (experimental)
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Am very inspired by the 8mm Knights that are going to be released for Adeptus Titanicus, as these seem to be the of a size that could work for Epic Armageddon in general and for this list in particular. Hopefully they'll release all the variants =-)

Did an update of the list to v1.3. Previously it was a bit too rigid I think, but now they can have even more Mechanicus Allies and Armigers, which should open up the possible playstyles a bit.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: House Raven v2.0 (experimental)
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

post updated

Post subject: Re: House Raven v2.1 (experimental)
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

post updated

Post subject: Re: Questoris Mechanicus v2.1 (experimental)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is pretty sweet. I was going to start doing work on it something similar but this is much easier :)

Iron Warriors (Currently Building)
Daemons

My Commission Website: http://hulksmashstudios.webs.com
My Languishing Blog that will soon host some Epic stuff: http://hulksmash-homeplace.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:45 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

It's been a while since I looked at this but there's a couple of things that seem odd to me.

Why is the Baron limited to dominus knight?

Why are seneschals limited to just Noble formations?

The wording on limits to relic knights seems a bit awkward. Is there way to word this that's more straight forward?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Vaaish wrote:
Why is the Baron limited to dominus knight?

Well, I'm working on an updated version where they can take Acastus Knights as well. But maybe you're right, if people want to take the Baron in an ordinary Knight they should be able to. I'll have to consider that.

Quote:
Why are seneschals limited to just Noble formations?

That's not the intention, the idea is to have them as standard in the Nobles, but an optional upgrade elsewhere.

Quote:
The wording on limits to relic knights seems a bit awkward. Is there way to word this that's more straight forward?

Yeah, it's a bit roundabout. I've tried to come up with a better one, but I can't think of anything obvious. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hulksmash wrote:
This is pretty sweet. I was going to start doing work on it something similar but this is much easier :)

Great to hear! Working on some updates that will be up soon.

Post subject: Re: Questoris Mechanicus & Imperialis (experimental)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Post updated. Very curious what people think about the direction I'm taking this. And as I write in the top post, if someone else want to take on Questoris Imperialis they're welcome to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't love the direction. Personally I think it'd be best to get an established overall "Crusader/Questoris" (i.e. modern knights) set up first and then branch out. I think doing it any other way will lead to it being a bit scattered and basically never have it get to the approved stage.

Daemons

My Languishing Blog that will soon host some Epic stuff: http://hulksmash-homeplace.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's definitely a valid objection. The reason I've split them up is because I've a hard time seeing Knights fighting without allies. A "Knights Only" list would be pretty two-dimensional IMO, and different Houses have different allies they fight with. And I want to keep things open so that other Houses of Knights can be accommodated more easily.

One way would be to keep House Raven as the "All the Knights" list that people can play. They're after all the biggest House by far according to the fluff. Another would be to keep them focused on the most important subset of Knights, however that might be defined.

Then other lists could be kept on the back-burner until House Raven has been brought forward.

Yet another idea would be to create one list that can be tweaked to include all Questoris Mechanicus Knight Houses, and not have separate lists for them. This would be a bit like what I've done with Traitor Titan Legion. Perhaps that's the best way forward as everyone would be playtesting the same list.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think starting with a pretty pure knight list might be the way to go. Add in some infantry that can represent knight militias/rogue traders/admech basic infantry for a little bit of support but have the list be primarily knights. Then, once those are approved and set you expand out to houses where you do the allied thing. That'd be the way I'd suggest because then you have all the knight stuff and it's already approved which will make the next stuff easier and you can plug and play with availability vs. allies and new stuff.

When I was playing with this before work went crazy I was looking at essentially all knight variants, armingers, LV scouting sentinels and possibly a mobile infantry option. I was going to allow allying of a variant or two of fighter as air support but that would be the initial list. I don't think there should be any non-mounted infantry (which you seem to agree with on your lists) as this is a spearhead type force.

I think it'd have options for play style but would be relatively simple and straight forward easy the possibility of getting approved. And then start with the allied stuff but cutting other available stuff based on house fluff.

Daemons

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Definitely agree with your take, but I'm a bit worried that if you don't build in houses from the start, then it's going to be really difficult to do it at a later stage. A minimalist Knight-list is certainly feasible, but I just think it's got to represent some House or another anyway.

Getting things approved is a long slog however you look at it, and I'd just rather get the "architecture" right from the start. I'm re-doing things right now, trying to put together Questoris Mechanicus list, we'll see if it's doable this way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I personally wouldn't get to hung up on "houses" at this point. Those actually make for excellent side lists later. I think you need the modern baseline list and then house it up. Call it a knight crusade or what-not and have it be a mustering of houses for a grand crusade. Then you can break down separate houses after the fact.

It's like the SM/IG/Eldar/Ork variants. They generally start from the baseline list and then modify. We don't have that modern baseline Knight list yet.

Daemons

Post subject: Re: Questoris Mechanicus v1.0 (experimental)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Went back to something that looks a lot like what I started out with. Had a look at the fluff for Questoris Mechanicus and got the feeling they could all be perfectly well covered in a generic list.

Would have been nice to achieve a tie-in with the existing ATML list, but at this point that's just a bridge too far considering the extreme variety of Knights that's out there.

Post subject: Re: Questoris Mechanicus v1.0 (experimental)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:19 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:
That's not the intention, the idea is to have them as standard in the Nobles, but an optional upgrade elsewhere.

I didn't see the scheneshal listed as an upgrade for the formation so it might be worth adding in if you haven't already.

Quote:
Yeah, it's a bit roundabout. I've tried to come up with a better one, but I can't think of anything obvious. Any suggestions?

Not sure what your intent was here. Why does the baron give easy access to the relic knights vs just leaving it at 1 per 2 noble formations? In the scope of things I don't know that it really does a whole lot.

EDIT: I see you updated it, not really fond of the Relic changes. I'd also think about calling it a Banner rather than Lance since that seems to be the going term these days. I'd also shy away from adding robots to the list since it would be rather unlikely even a group closely aligned with Admech would get access to them. I might suggest using the same integration the Skitarii list is using with AMTL and eventually Knights and Cataphractii.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next