Login |  Register |  FAQ

Modern Knight List?

Post subject: Modern Knight List?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm curious if there has been any thought given to a modern knight style list? Instead of a defense force it can be an Questing force consisting of all the current 40k knights from the codex and the 3 40k approved foreword castigstors. Just curious as I think it could be made to play a bit differently. Any thoughts on it?

Iron Warriors (Currently Building)
Daemons

My Commission Website: http://hulksmashstudios.webs.com
My Languishing Blog that will soon host some Epic stuff: http://hulksmash-homeplace.blogspot.com

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Modern Knight List?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:19 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Dave did one a while back but it did not get much traction.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:14 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

There’s a list in the Australian 30k set that covers the “modern” Forgeworld designs, if that’s what you’re looking for:

http://epicau.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My General Modelling Blog: http://armiger84.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thinking of putting together a modern Knight list. Too much stuff released to simply ignore imo. Really like the old Knight stuff, but think there's place for something else.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:51 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The HH one the Armiger referenced is pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some nice ideas in there, but it's a 30k list after all. Thinking of doing something that's consistent with 40k fluff, probably House Raven.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It'd be great to see something like this.

It occurs to me that this Autumn there are going to be hundreds or probably thousands of new Adeptus Titanicus players with armies of various knight and titan types. The scale will be a bit different but Epic has varied quite a lot with scale over the years anyway so this is no biggie. Currently there is no approved Net-EA or Epic-UK list that caters to an army of Knights + Titans though and that seems like collective idiocy as a community and such a list should be a huge priority for us all.

If a subset of AT players check out Epic it would help if they could use their collection to play it too and it could signifigantly increase the numbers of players trying and playing Epic as well. If the new AT players find Knights + Titans isn't legal to use in Epic many will probably just dismiss and ignore the game and we'll have missed a good easy opportunity.

An easy long hanging fruit would be testing a modified version of the current approved Knight list removing all non-Knight elements (there is zero 40k background or army lists suggesting Knights forces incorporate PDF infantry anyway, this idea was invented by those creating the epic list) and adding allied fixed weapon standard choice titans plus an AA turret as a character upgrade for some knight formations (Knights can be upgraded with an AA weapon on top in 40k these days, heck they even have two different choices of AA weapon they can take). A Titan could provide a solid BTS and boost the army but losing all infantry, scouts and cheap activations would counteract it and probably make such a list balanced enough and easy enough to push through to get approved I reckon. A list of recommended proxies for what to proxy AT knights as in the epic list could be made and shared easily enough too - loads of palladin variants could count as Palladins, Castigators and Acherons could count as Lancers maybe, Porphyrions make great counts as Crusaders in the list (their actual weapons vary but their over effect is similar).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Have been busy over the past several hours doing something what you're writing here GlynG! Took some inspiration from the 30k list, but it'll be a mix of that, the approved list and some of my own ideas. Very likely to skip the Warhounds (they're kind of redundant with all the DC2 WEs), but the Reaver and Warlord could fit... Probably just the standard loadout tho, at least to start with.

Will post my first draft sometime this week.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good! I would like to see such a list done but I don't have time to do it myself.

Please do keep the Warhounds in though! Even if they are a bit similar, best not to put off players who have them and want to use them. Theiir 3DC, faster movement and shields make them play differently to Knights anyway.