Login |  Register |  FAQ

AdMech Dev Status February 2015

Post subject: AdMech Dev Status February 2015
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:53 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

This won't be a long post, just a few thoughts.

AMTL:
AMTL has have a few tweaks to it since approval to address a few things. First the PD has been restricted to Carapace Only and reduced by one shot. Carapace Only limits Reaver to a single PD and reduces the weapon arc to 90 degrees in front of the titan. This will reduce the number of PD shots you can see from a single reaver causing AMTL to burn more activations for the same effect as before. It'll also somewhat limit the Reavers ability to sustain with the PD since it'll be easier for opposing formations to move outside of the fire arc.

The second change is to replace sentinels with Crusaders. While crusaders are a bit more fluffy of an AdMech unit, the primary reason was to put a bit more pressure on the formation count and weapons selection for Titans.

Hopefully this will smooth out any remaining issues with the list. I haven't heard back yet about retaining approved status. If we keep approved status, expect only maintenance releases for AMTL in the future.

Skitarii:
I've taken a step back from dev with Knights being the center of attention. With that army winding down, I'd like to shift attention back to Skitarii. I feel the list plays well as it stands but I know some of you are better at figuring out breaker combos (Matt, I'm looking at you) and we really need to see the list stress tested before we push for approved on it.

Cataphractii:
Still haven't moved with this one and I may end up handing it off to a Sub AC particularly since I don't have hardly any armor (never got russes for my IG) and playing proxies gets old after a while.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: AdMech Dev Status February 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So it's the end of April, can we assume that the approved status is in staying and that the AMTL list is pretty solid now? I like it as is, great list and amazing efforts involved in the writing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:40 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Yep. AMTL is good. Skitarii is the focus now. We took a pause on Skitarii while Knights was going for approval and it got extended with the GW release but I think we should be ready to push soon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Please consider adding gorgons as transport options for the skitarii like in the EpicUK list. That would be a move that would make this list way more interesting to play IMO.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:19 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Gorgons are already a problematic unit in DKOK and one that's more associated with them than AdMech these days. I don't think we'd add them to Skitarii and I definitely wouldn't consider it until things get ironed out in the DKOK list.