Login |  Register |  FAQ

AMTL 3.24 (Approved)

Post subject: AMTL 3.24 (Approved)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:09 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey folks,

I'm going ahead and releasing an update for the AMTL list even though I haven't heard back yet if we'll retain the approved status so everyone at least has the changes we're implementing.

Changes:

Plasma Destructor drops from 6x shots to 5x and is restricted to carapace only

Sentinels replaced by Crusaders. You can find the stats for them in the datasheet for the Skitarii or on the summary page.

Cosmetic reorganization of the AMTL list to make it more consistent. I'll be working through the weapons list and skitarii lists as we go to reoganize things so they are hopefully a bit easier to find.

Last of all I'm tired of uploading the same file for both skitarii and AMTL. I started to untangle the two lists for separate releases but its a time consuming process so I've started to list the combed file as AdMech with a version of 0.9.

Attachments:
AdMech0.92.pdf [2.61 MiB]
Downloaded 594 times

Post subject: Re: AMTL 3.24 (WAITING FOR APPROVAL)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks mate.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

excellent,

i love the approach to the units with the description and the picture - they look great,

has anyone got pictures to share of suitable models for the missing pictures? (so i can see what they are supposed to look like ;D )

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:21 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey John:

I've got most of the stuff on my table to fill in the missing pictures except for the chimedon either via scratch builds or conversions but I just haven't had opportunity to start on any of them. Hopefully sometime this year i'll be able slip them in since they aren't huge projects :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Vaaish wrote:
Hey John:

I've got most of the stuff on my table to fill in the missing pictures except for the chimedon either via scratch builds or conversions but I just haven't had opportunity to start on any of them. Hopefully sometime this year i'll be able slip them in since they aren't huge projects :)

sweet looking forward to seeing them great photos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Alright, let's look up to approve this.

Beside this: With their include in AMTL I have a look at the crusaders. With this weapons array, why they only have FF6+ MW? Compared to the Sentinel with 5+ with only one multilaser? For balance only?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:38 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Balance reasons with colossus robots. Colossus have better ff while crusaders have better cc

Post subject: Re: AMTL 3.24 (Approved)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:23 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Just a slight update on the status. I've changed the status to approved for 3.24 since the changes were approved. This should replace 3.23.1 now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quick couple of things,

Firstly on the reference sheet there are no statistics for the Hydra or Avenger Strike Fighter.

Secondly, somewhere in the changed from the Skitarii defence list thats on the 2014 Compendium the ordinatus have changed from core to... well not. I think thats a good change but is there a reason not to allow them access to the upgrades. It would add some nice variations if they could take hydra and a third ordinatus minoris to the unit and I cant see any reasons why they shouldnt have this in terms of background or balance. (Im guessing there were concerns over the two quake cannon and landing pad but with the change to it not actually being indirect fire (so without the double of range) I dont think its as big a problem).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:04 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey, NCO.

Could you move this to the skitarii thread since its not something that relates to the AMTL list? The reason the hydra isn't on there is that it is an IG unit and there wasn't space on the sheet to fit it in at the time. The avenger isn't there yet because I haven't put it on the sheet yet.

The other changes you mention have been in the list for quite some time. I think the compendium list is quite far off the latest list that's been fairly stable for the last year or so.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Vaaish,

Im back to ask some questions and possibly raise a small issue. I was making a list this evening and trying to work out what weapons to give a reaver and as a third (cheap) weapon I was looking at the scout turbo laser. I only has 25pts to spend so it seemed like a good choice until I started to compare it to the gattling blaster.

Now they are both the same cost but the difference in shots actually means that the gattling blaster is better in every situation compared to the turbo laser.

Number of hits:
TL. GB
Normal shots. 2.67 3
Sustain. 3.2 3.9
Against cover. 2. 2

And that against tanks. Against infantry the gattling blaster is even better.

Unless Im missing something here or either the gattling blaster needs to be put up in cost or the scout weapons need to have a secondary cost when taken on a battle titan (in a similar way to the battle titan weapons having two costs depending on if they are on a titan or ordinatus). Im not sure this is a bad thing, knocking off 25pts from the scout weapons would really mix up the possible builds out there. Especially if the currently free ones actually took off 25pts (though I know this is unlikely to happen). It would just be nice to actually take these weapons on a battle titan at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:11 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

This is completely intentional. We want to encourage players to use battle titan weapons on battle titans and the GB was rarely taken due to the fact the TLD outperformed it in almost every situation. The change makes the GB worth taking on a battle titan and keeps it's power in line with the other 25 point battle titan weapons.

We won't be making a change relating to the TLD and GB; if you look back through the past threads you can find the relevant discussions and reasons for the change.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just seems odd to players an option of the scout weapons when there is absolutely no reason to take them. But I'll have a look through some of the old threads.

I dont think the TLD is wrong, just the scout TL in terms of points. Even if it was just free for battle titans it would at least make it an option.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:18 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

As soon as the TLD becomes free itll go on every battle titan and you'll never seen laser blasters.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think his more asking, "why even make it available for Battle Titans" instead.

I could be wrong but I expect your answer would simply be that it's easier for writing purposes/clarity to allow it and have it never be taken than indicating for only some scout class weapons that they're not an option for battle titans. ;D

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!