Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Skitarii 2.04.2 (in development)

Post subject: Re: Skitarii 2.04.2 (in development)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:34 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'll put up a poll and see what other folks think of adding the changes in before we do anything. If others are for them we'll add these in and see how they perform. I'd like to move Skitarii forward for approval so if these changes go in, we'd need a couple of games to check if anything is too crazy before we start collecting batreps for approval.

Quote:
Last Q I have, is would you consider allowing the Rapier platform to be upgraded/swapped to something like a quad mortar (opposite stats) or hyperios platforms?

Ages ago we had mortars in the list. IIRC they were very rarely taken compared to rapiers and we tried silly low points to get more people to use them. I eventually dropped them from the list to streamline things a bit. I don't see us adding them back in.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:02 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey folks, the poll results are in and we'll proceed with testing the proposed Demi-century options. Please check the playtest changes thread and I look forward to seeing the new options in your reports!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great to see the secutor option they are a sweet unit and it was a pity there was only two per formation previously

Looking forward to trying the new options

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:15 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

We may have to remove the leader option from the Secutors. Each stand guarantees 5x BM removed when it regroups or rallies. I'm not sure it's a huge issue but it does make them pretty difficult to suppress and break. Either way the 5x Secutor formation is a beastly Assault formation with disposable fodder though somewhat slow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:34 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I've been doing some further thinking about the Secutors and testing the implications of the new formation options we're giving them. I want Secutor formations to be something that's useful in small numbers but not something that forms the core of every army. With the secutor upgrade priced at 100 points I've found myself trying out lists with 3-4 formations of them either as garrisons with Minorus or mechanized with Chimedons.

My feeling is that they are very powerful for the points and not pricey enough to limit how many are included. Initially I think the cost for the upgrade needs to go to 150 points. This will price the formation at 400 points which starts to eat into your list options if you take more than two of them

I'm also finding that the leader ability stacking is a bit much and makes the formation extremely difficult to crack. This is because the upgrade lets you clear +5 BM whenever you rally and gives you five stands of meat shields to absorb damage. I'd like to change this slightly so that Seuctors grant the FORMATION leader rather than each stand having leader.

any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

couldn't you simply have a compulsory character with Leader that comes with the upgrade and a note that states it must be added to a Seuctor unit?

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:39 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

That's not a solution I'm comfortable with. I'd just as soon remove leader from Secutors entirely than add a character stand the formation whose sole purpose is to grant leader.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Totally understood my good man. I'm just saying I'd rather see a CH or it dropped than us start playing with the way core abilities have worked forever in the game (re: the crazy Inspiriting Hellhounds for instance). By dropping leader you also don't have so much pressure on their costs so ... you know, bonus :)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I feel like rules for onagers and dragoons/ironstriders based on defilers and sentinels should be considered. IMO those are really cool units and could be fun in epic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:12 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

We discussed this back when the new adMech stuff came out and the consensus was to leave them out of the list with the potential for a separate list once we got the current list approved.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh, okay. Cool.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Here is what I came up with for my AD Mec Skitarii list. Thoughts? I got all the models needed and a bit extra incase.

Two of the Rapier Lasers will garrison of course. Rest foot slogs and gets into cover. Has a lot of fire power. The Majoris should draw a lot of fire as it nukes units off the board.

Question - For its Armageddon Weapon, if I hit a unit of leman russes for example, and only get 1 hit but roll a 3 on the TK damage, does it kill 3 tanks? Or one take takes 3 damage

Skitarii Demi-Century Eight Hypaspist units, plus two Secutor units. 250
Sup Commander 100
Sagitarii Demi-Century Five Sagitarii units plus five Rapier Laser units - 300
Sagitarii Demi-Century Five Sagitarii units plus five Rapier Laser units - 300
Sagitarii Demi-Century Five Sagitarii units plus five Rapier Laser units 300
2 Minorus Gatling Blasters - 350
Majoris Armegeddon 550
4 Colossus Robots 250
4 Colossus Robots 250
Cataphractii Support Three Macharius tanks Vanq Cannon 350

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:20 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I don't think it's a bad list, but it is a bit slow so you might find yourself outmaneuvered. I usually try to get at least two formations that have good speed. Usually some crusaders and one of my infantry formations in transport.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just having a read through the list I think it has good balance in most areas but the glaring weakness IMO is the real lack of air defence. Unless I'm missing something of course...

You can have single hydras attached to core units so lets say you field 2-3 of those in every game.

Avenger strike fighters are really ordinary AA options for their points, thunderbolts have more AA capacity and are 75pts cheaper per unit.

Avenger's look more like a ground attack plane which I don't know if the list needs at all considering it's not short on guns in general and has good indirect options.

Personally I'd suggest just including thunderbolts (and marauder bombers?) as allied support as they are in so many other armies rather than change the avenger.

It's just my 2c but I can't figure how I'd make a force capable of dealing with thunderhawks/landers/vampires without it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Maybe add in a special AA sagitarii?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next