Login |  Register |  FAQ

[OLD] Knight World 2.1

Post subject: Re: Knight World 2.1
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:54 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Play them a few times at 325 +100 for extras, just to see if it neuters them. I upped them because of what Ginger was mentioning and because I hadn't lost with them yet. It's not written in stone, if it's too much we'll go back.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:34 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Had a game over the weekend against Feral Orks. It was very close and ended up going to points in turn 4 with a 300ish point win for the Knights.

Anyone else had any games with the Knights at 325 +100?

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:35 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Had another game last night against CaptPiett's Black Legion. The Knights lost 2-1 (TSNP and T&H to BTS) and the Walk of Sportsmanship returned in full force.

Highlights included: Paladins assaulting 7 Preds/Vindicators, getting 6 in close combat, loosing two Paladins and getting the rest wiped out in resolution...

Has anyone else had any games with the Knights at 325/+100? I'd like to but a list out in September, and garner 18 playtests of it for approval (maybe by the end of the year, if mordoten and PFE are game).

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

will play atleast 1 game next week!

And I'm up for this for sure!!!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If we play this weekend, I'll play Knights if you want.

I noticed that with the points cost change a 3k list would have one less Knight. I can't imagine that would make the army appreciably weaker.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:34 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Had three games yesterday with them.

I played BerzerkerMonkey's Krieg, the Knights won in turn 3 with BTS and Blitz. Errants won the game when they managed to BtB a BTS Gorgon full of infantry.

DS played CaptPiett's Black Legion, and I believe it was a 2-0 (maybe 1) win for the Black Legion in turn 3. I'll let them highlight.

Finally, DS and I teamed up against CaptPiett's BL and uberChris's Feral in a 2v2 6k. That was going to be a loss for the Knights as their left flank was destroyed by a Feral horde, but Lancers (1 BM away from breaking) grabbed the Blitz as the last activation of turn 3. Together with Errants holding another T&H the Knights won in 2-0. Had a broken Boarboy moved .5cm move it would have went to Turn 4 and the Knights would have been hard pressed to bring it to points (which would have been a definite loss).

Any more thoughts on the price adjustments before I put together 2.2?

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
Had three games yesterday with them.

DS played CaptPiett's Black Legion, and I believe it was a 2-0 (maybe 1) win for the Black Legion in turn 3. I'll let them highlight.

I took the same list against DS's knights that I did against Dave (it was 2-0, BTS and DTF). Two garrisoned retinues, teleporting termies, and scouts, among other things. My feelings on the list as an opponent are that the knights are very durable with average rolling, but vulnerable to being out-activated and pinned in their own table half. We had a couple of knock-down, drag-out engagements between terminators/raptors and knights, with the knights eventually falling. Properly isolated, knights tend to die when engaged, and wipe the floor with the opponent when engaging, which seems right to me.

DS took AA guns and howitzers, which provided a decent AA bubble even when at his base line, and punished my bigger FMs, respectively. They looked economical points-wise to me. With the t-bolt option I don't see the need to boost other AA in the list.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My planned game went down the tubes i'm afraid. Will try to organize one tomorrow...

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

captPiett wrote:
Dave wrote:

I took the same list against DS's knights that I did against Dave (it was 2-0, BTS and DTF). Two garrisoned retinues, teleporting termies, and scouts, among other things. My feelings on the list as an opponent are that the knights are very durable with average rolling, but vulnerable to being out-activated and pinned in their own table half. We had a couple of knock-down, drag-out engagements between terminators/raptors and knights, with the knights eventually falling. Properly isolated, knights tend to die when engaged, and wipe the floor with the opponent when engaging, which seems right to me.

DS took AA guns and howitzers, which provided a decent AA bubble even when at his base line, and punished my bigger FMs, respectively. They looked economical points-wise to me. With the t-bolt option I don't see the need to boost other AA in the list.

The "properly isolated" formation was, in hindsight, due to my stupidity. I was so concerned with protecting my howitzers, which were also guarding my blitz, against Capt's Termies that I left my BTS formation, 3 Paladins and a Baron, hanging out to dry on my extreme left flank. That being said, if not for some fortunate resolution die rolls by Capt, the knights would have won at the end of either rounds 1 or 2 of the CC.

I concur with Capt's assessment. Knights can be beasts in engagements and will probably be outnumbered, but are tough to kill with average save rolls. With access to AA batteries, AA armed Wardens and T'bolts the knights have plenty of AA options and don't need a boost in that department, especially since in a 3k army you can take up to 750 points in aircraft.