Login |  Register |  FAQ

Battle report: 3K Onachus 10.2 vs. Angels of Redemption

Post subject: Battle report: 3K Onachus 10.2 vs. Angels of Redemption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Battle report here.

This is a mirror-report of a battle report already posted by SpeakerToMachines (link).

Thoughts

Deploying in one corner, with little cover and having to slug it diagonally across the board, wasn't the best start for the nids, but HEY that's the deployment rules for the mission. One must adapt.
Placing two harridans outside the dominatrix AA bubble (I misread the range as 60cm instead of 45cm) and within 5cm of each other (intermingle) was a bad idea. O'well... lesson learned.
The biggest mistake was probably seeking towards the center of the board. It's too easy to get caught in x-fire and you end up feeding your broods to the enemy one at a time.
I find it difficult to advanced with the nids and build up momentum for some good engagements. Either my nids are getting shot to pieces on the way in or the enemy hurries away and outside their reach. Most opponents probably prefer to shoot or FF nids than go into CC, and it's easy when they aren't faster. I need to work on brood movement and alternating screening.
I'm considering one or two big broods that can take a beating while I build up my attack.
The dominatrix needs to advanced in the center of the swarm and go into more engagements. Most opponents don't have much of an answer for it at this point level.
Also, the dominatrix can pull along 3 other broods in a combined engagment.
More hormagaunts, less termagants (2:1). The hormagaunts have the advantage of infiltrate which means they get double charge move and ignore zone of control. Also 3+ CC isn't too shabby.
Both the dactylis and the biovores work fine. They just need to be hiding in terrain and be close enough to reach the enemy with indirect fire.

The swarm is ever evolving and learning. It knows now ...

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Battle report: 3K Onachus 10.2 vs. Angels of Redemption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another great report, ta for sharing.

My Personal Blog: http://mickeysminishome.blogspot.co.uk

Post subject: Re: Battle report: 3K Onachus 10.2 vs. Angels of Redemption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice to see a few more reports - it's starting to look good for getting this list approved.

With regards to getting into CC I think it's quite important to push forward hard with nids, march everything forward first turn so hopefully by the beginning of turn two you've got several formations in a position to get into an engagement, whether that's CC or FF you should be able to pull off at least a couple of engagements. That should at least give your opponent some tough decisions. I'm not totally decided on the ratio of gaunts to gants, I settled on 2:1 in favour of the gants after looking at a few tournament lists but was initially thinking the other way around. I suppose the advantage of more gants is you should always be rolling some dice even if you get engaged on the enemy's terms and you should have something to support any CC engagement you manage to pull off.

Having said that, two or three formations of gaunts in a commander led combined assault could be pretty deadly... I guess it just comes down to play style.