Login |  Register |  FAQ

New 40k Tyranids

Post subject: Re: New 40k Tyranids
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Funny the updated Exocrine was the one unit I did like ;D
It really felt like it was immediately recognizable as what it was. Much like when the new beatle was released by VW, it immediately was recognizable for what it was. my 2 cents...

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
Quote:
NSTINCTIVE BEHAVIOUR
The new mechanic in the book is that instinctive behaviour is now lurk, feed, and hunt. Basically lurk means camping there, feed is assault, and hunt is shooting. If you fail leadership and they go on instinct, something bad happens on a 1-3 (lurkers fall back, shooters go to ground, feeders attack one another). On a 4-5 its something like can only assault, can only shoot, etc. On a 6 they gain a small bonus (feeders get rage, lurkers get stealth, shooters get preferred enemy.

WARLORD TRAITS
1 - Nature's Bane - At the beginning of each movement phase, select one jungle within 12' of the warlord. It becomes carnivorous for the game.
2 - Heightened Senses - Warlord and Nids within 12' have Night Vision.
3- Synaptic Linchpin - Warlord has 18' synapse
4 - Mind Eater - 2 VP for independents slain by warlord in a challenge.
5 - Digestive Denial - After deployment, pick one piece of terrain on opponent's side that was NOT paid for. Cover save worsens by one. (4+ becomes 5+, etc.)
6 - Adaptive Biology - Warlord gains FNP (5+) on next movement phase after it suffers a wound. (For rest of game)

FORCE ORGANISATION CHART
HQ - Hive Tyrant, Swarmlord, ld One Eye, Tervigon, Tyranid Prime, Deathleaper
Troops - Warrior, Genestealers, Termagants, Hormagaunts, Ripper Swarm
Elites - Hive Guard, Lictor, Zoanthrope, Venomthrope, Haruspex, Pyrovore (Ha ha! Pyrovore "Elite"!)
Fast Attack - Shrikes, Raveners, Red Terror (as part of ONE Ravener brood), Sky Slasher, Gargoyle, Harpy, Hive Crone, Spore Mine Cluster (how mines are "fast" attack is beyond me)
Heavy Support - Carnifex, Biovore, Trygon and Prime, Mawlc, Exocrine, Tyrannofex

PSYCHIC POWERS:
1. Catalyst - 1 charge
Blessing that targets psyker's unit and up to one other friendly within 12'. Targets gain FNP.

2. The Horror - 1 charge
Malediction targeting single enemy unit within 24'. Target takes a pinning test at -2 Ld

3. Onslaught - 1 charge
Blessing that targets a single friendly unit within 24'. Unit can both run and shoot in the shooting phase.

4. Paroxysm - 1 charge
Malediction targeting single enemy unit within 24'. Target's WS and BS reduced by D3 (roll once for both)

5. Psychic Scream - 1 charge
Nova power, 6'. For each target unit, roll 2D6+ 2 and subtract Ld. Unit suffers wounds equal to result, no armour or cover saves.

6. Warp Blast - 2 charges
Witchfire power, either burst or lance. This is the standard Zoanthrope Warp Blast.

CREATURES:
Hive Tyrant stat line: 165 pts, WS 8, BS 4, S 6, T 6, W 4, I 5, A 4, Ld 10, Sv 3+ ( Interesting: You now have to pay 20 points for lash / whip, or it comes with two sets of ST)

The Lictor has rending claws (one set), and one set of ST. It has flesh hooks (assault 2, user Str), stealth and Hit and run, phermone trail, infiltrate, and move through cover.
Stats are: WS 6 BS 3 S 6 T 4 W 3 I 6 A 3 Ld 10 Sv 5+ The Lictor's Pheromone trail says any model can drop within 6 inches of it when deep striking without scattering

Deathleaper - Infantry (Character), HQ, 130 points, Mind Eater Warlord Trait (2 vp for killing characters in challenge)
WS 9, BS 3, S 6, T 4, W 3, I 7, A 4, Ld 10, Sv 5+
Rending claws, ST, flesh hooks, Chameleonic skin, Deep Strike, Fear, Fleet, Hit & Run, Infiltrate, Instinctive Behaviur (Lurk), Move Through Cover, Phermone Trail, Stealth
-It's After Me! (Lower a character's Ld by D3)
- Where is It (Enemy models can only fire snap shots when targeting Deathleaper)

Ripper Swarm: 39 pts for 3 bases, +13 pts per base
WS 2 BS 2 S 3 T 3 W 3 I 2 A 4 Ld 5 Sv 6+ May take Spinefists, toxin sacs, adrenal glands, and deep strike.

Warriors are 30 points per model (I don't have the old book on me to refer)
Warrior stats are: WS 5 BS 3 S 4 T 4 W 3 I 4 A 3 Ld 10 Sv 4+
The Prime still boosts the warriors as always.

Zoanthropes are a psychic brotherhood (level 2), that always know warp blast. So they generate one more. Zoanthropes have Warp Blast psyker power. Takes 2 charges, and is 24' Str 5 AP 3, Assault 1 Blast, OR 18', Str 10, AP 2, Assault 1 Lance. A Zoanthrope brood follows all the rules for Brother hood pf Psykers except that the unit has a Mastery level of 2. In addition, if a brookd of Zoantrhopes uses the Warp Blast power, the number of shots fired is equal to the number of zoanthropes in that brood. (eg 3 Zoanthropes would make the burst and lance profiles assault 3)
Zoanthropes can take one other Psyker power as a brotherhood (they always have Warp Blast)

The Harpy (135 pts) and Crone (155 pts) are what everyone's looking at I suppose. Harpies haven't changed much, except the screech now gives the enemy -5 Init. There is no more giant spore mine bomb. The Crone is basically a flying flamer, with Str 5 Haywire missiles. I think you'll be taking them, because there's really no anti-air option otherwise.

Mawlock is the biggest improvement IMHO. Dropped to 140 points, and if it doesn't clear the area the S6 AP2 hit happens AGAIN. It also ignores cover now. Mind you, if it doesn't clear the area on the second try, you get a mishap roll. It also can't burrow on the very first turn like before, and loses the option for Regen.

The Trygon has gone up to 190 points, lost one attack, and...yeah. That's it. Everything else is the same. The Trygon Prime might actually see more use, there being a bigger need for synapse now. But 230pts is kind of extreme just for the synapse, no?

Haruspex (160 pts) WS 3, BS 3, S 6, T 6, W 5, I 3, A 3, Ld 7, Sv 3+
-Feeder Beast - If a Haruspex inflicts at least one unsaved one in the assault phase, it recovers a single wound at the end of that phase.
-Rapacious Hunger - In the turn in which it charges, every unsaved wound it inflicts in close combat allows it to make an additional attack. These bonus attacks cannot generate further attacks. Wounds that inflict instant death generate only one bonus attack, and wounds caused by HW, acid blood, or tail do not benefit from this rule.
-The Haruspex has a Grasping tongue - 12', S6, AP 2, Assault 1, Gulp!
Gulp! A to hit roll of a 6 is a precision shot.

Biovore (40 pts) WS 3, BS 3, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 2, A 2, Ld 6, Sv 4+
Spore Mine Launcher 48', S 4, AP 4, Assault 1, Barrage, Last Blast, Spore Burst

The Exocrine (170 pts) is kind of awesome, with Assault 6, Str 7, AP2 shots. Or it can drop a big blast. Park its butt for a round, and it's +1 BS. The Tyrannofex is dropped to 175 pts.

Carnifex (120 points) WS 3, BS 3, S 9, T 6, W 4, I 2, A 3, Ld 7, Sv 3+
Fearless, Instinct (Feed), Living Battering Ram (D3 Hammer of Wrath hits)
May replace ST with crushing claws (15 pts)
May take any bio-morph, spine banks (5 pts), or Bio Plasma (20 pts). May take Thresher scythe (10 pts) or Bone Mace (15 pts) tail morphs.

Raveners (30 pts per model) WS 5, BS 3, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 5, A 3, Ld 6, Sv 5+
Deep strike, Instinct (Feed), two pairs of ST. Any Ravener can exchange one pair of ST for Rending claws at 5 points per model.
Can take Spinefists (3 pts), Devourer (5 pts), Deathspitter (10 pts). One Ravener in the *army* may be upgraded to Red Terror for 85 points:

Red Terror WS 6, BS 3, S 5, T 5, W 3, I 5, A 4, Ld 8, Sv 4+
Two pairs of ST, Prehensile Pincer (see that tail list I posted up there), Deep Strike, Swallow Whole (if it hits with 4 attacks, it auto kills a guy. The guys gets his invuln save and that's it)

Hive Guard cost upped by 5 pts, not many rules changes. They have a Haywire gun they can take now.

Pyrovore looks about the same as well. Template weapon, acid maw, explode when you kill them, etc.

The venomthropes are kind of awesome, with their shrouded rule and poisoned 2+ attacks.

The Tervigon is now 195 points, and is mastery level 1.

Genestealers come with Rending claws, but yu can buy ST for 4 pts per model

Hormagaunts are Fleet, Move Through cover, and have bounding leap (run +3 inches)

WEAPONS:
Haywire: Crone has Haywire missles, and the Hive Guard can buy a Haywire "shock cannon". Also, the electroshock Thorax swarm is now Haywire.

One pair of talons gives you the amazing standard attack as stated on the profile, at AP 6.

Heavy Venom = 36', Str 9 AP 4, Assault 1 Blast
Venom = 36', Str 6 AP 4, Assault 1 Blast
Deathspitter 18', Str 5, Ap 5, Assault 3
Rupture cannon is 30 points, 48' range, S 10, AP4, Assault 2

The tail morphs are:
Bone Mace, S 8, AP - , Unwieldy
Prehensile Pincer, S 6, AP 5
Thresher Scythe, S 4, AP 4, Rending
Toxinspike, S 1, AP 6, Poisoned 2+

A tail attack allows a single added attack, resolved separately from a model's other close combat attacks. It doesn't benefit from other melee weapons, biomorphs, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
The stats for the Exocrine and Haruspex are really at the border of AV to WE.
Trygon, Tervigon and Tyranofex are Toughness 6 and have 6 Wounds.
Exocrine and Haruspex have also Toughness 6 but only 5 wounds.
A Hive Tyrant and Carnifex have Tougness 6 but 4 Wounds.

Stats could be something like this:

Tyranid Exocrine
Type Speed Armour CloseCombat Firefight
Armoured Vehicle 20cm 4+ 4+ 3+
Weapon Range Firepower Notes
Bio Plasmic Cannon 15cm 2 x AP3+/AT5+ -

Notes: Fearless, Reinforced Armour.

Tyranid Haruspex
Armoured Vehicle 20cm 4+ 4+ 5+
Grasping Tongue (15cm) Small Arms -
Crushing Claws (base contact) Assault Weapons Extras Attacks (+2), Macro-weapon

Notes: Fearless, Reinforced Armour.

Now to the Nive Crone. Seems to be the Tyranid's only dedicated AA weapon. So i added Vector Strike. Leave it out if you think the Tentaclic Missiles are enough.

Tyranid Hive Crone
Armoured Vehicle 35cm 5+ 4+ 4+
Drool Cannon 15cm AP3+ Ignore Cover
Tentaclic Missiles 30cm AP5+/AT6+/AA5+ One Shot
Vector Strike 15cm AA4+ -

Notes: Reinforced Armour, Skimmer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The parasite is the thing I like the most... And that's because it might make a decent epic proxy or conversion bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Borka wrote:
Man of kent wrote:
I can't see them!

Can you see them now? They were to big to just post directly and Taccom forum code didn't allow resizing in the [img]-tag so I posted links.
EXO-bug
http://wintersforge.weebly.com/uploads/1/4/9/8/14987212/_8731312_orig.jpg

And another he calls RUPEX
http://wintersforge.weebly.com/uploads/1/4/9/8/14987212/4206163_orig.jpg
http://wintersforge.weebly.com/uploads/1/4/9/8/14987212/2786528_orig.jpg

Next to each other
http://wintersforge.weebly.com/uploads/1/4/9/8/14987212/2837590_orig.jpg

And a WIP called DALYS
http://wintersforge.weebly.com/uploads/1/4/9/8/14987212/1405586_orig.jpg

He has also done some superb ships for BFG as well.

Are they available for sale does anyone know?

Iron Warriors (Currently Building)
Daemons

My Commission Website: http://hulksmashstudios.webs.com
My Languishing Blog that will soon host some Epic stuff: http://hulksmash-homeplace.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hulksmash wrote:
Are they available for sale does anyone know?

Yes they are, 18€ for 3 Exo's.

The rupex is not released yet (mold under construction).

On the site is a "contact" button just use the email adress provided there to contact him.

His stuff is absolutly amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm definitely getting an assortment of rupex and exos ASAP (ie. as soon as the rupex are back from casting). He has plans for the other ex-slugs ("dalys" and "mafor" :) ) and apparently concepts for "Hadirran" and "Gytron". The best alien-themed models I have seen in quite a while.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I like his WIP Dalys bug, he managed to take the terrible tomato chucker design and make it good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks like the Dalys is about 90% done. Not sure how I feel about the head, granted it doesn't look finished. Maybe it's because the neck is too long imo. It might look better if it were shorter so that the armored crest hung over it more, giving it better protection like a turtle as in the concept art. Overall a solid looking model.

http://wintersforge.weebly.com/wip

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

"Dropspores":
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/sho ... p?t=171754

Toxicrene and Maleceptor:
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Toxicrene

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

More stuff. Mucolid Spore Cluster and Sporocyst,
http://ftgtgaming.blogspot.de/2014/11/m ... -dump.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks good! Perhaps we can get some EpicA traction on drop-podding Tyranids, and Spore cluster AA formations?