Login |  Register |  FAQ

how many games to date?

Post subject: how many games to date?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:46 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey guys, how many games have people gotten in with v10 since December? What was the opponent breakdown/results?

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: how many games to date?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:54 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

None I'm afraid, tried to get a game in against Meph but we had connection problems & since then gotten tangled up with LatD. Did play against EUK Nids with my Ferals last week. Was my opponents first time play Nids so I had a fairly comfortable win against them. We are swopping sides for this Friday, but so as not to confuse him I'm sticking with the EUK list.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Played a game against the EUK list at a tourney, smashed it 5-0 or something. Seen Leviathan played a few times by Zombocom. Not seen Onachus played.

Last edited by Evil and Chaos on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Played Leviathan 3.0 three times. Lost to eldar, then played marines against them and nids won, then beat eldar (mostly because the eldar player thought his warlock was indestructible and let my dominatrix + 2x scythed hierodules get into cc).

No games with v10, sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:44 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Only one, v10 lost to biel tan, 3K.
Just before dec, v10 ate squats, 3K.
Wanting to play some more games with it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I played checkers once.

ohhhh, you meant games with v.10... then way too many :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Only two games with v10 so far, it will hopefully change to three next week.

Played NetEACodex Astartes, won 3-0 in 3rd
Played NetEA Tau, won 2-1 in 3rd.

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:35 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Same question as before, but this time in reference to v10.1.

I've only had about 12 games with it so far as playtesting dropped off during the summer. I'm looking at boosting the CC on Gargoyles to 5+, and trying out d2s for swarming instead of d3s.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No real interest in this list, sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Only played two games with 10.1, been playing Guards lately. After the summer I intend to playtest some more variant builds (as I am finishing the last pieces for the army).

On Gargoyles: I fail to see the benefit of CC5+ (other than marginal tactical uses, and in those cases, they would get in CC irregardless). The main benefit of Gargoyles is the 45cm FF or the defensive 25cm. My suggestion on Gargoyles (if AA is out of the question) is to drop them to 20 points instead, but keep them as upgrades. Their higher Swarming value as well as being an upgrade would equal things out in my opinion.

On Swarming: I support D2, or keep Warriors fixed at 1 and Tyrant at 2, Dominatrix at 3 or 4.

Other thoughts on recent changes:

On Broodlord included in Swarm as opposed to upgrade: I like it since it pushes a formation out of the crammed 150 pts' option.

On Zoanthrope AA: I think this gives zoans too many uses and takes away a little of "one creature - one use" feel that I think is appropriate for Tyranids. Also, I usually run a small swarm with 4 zoanthropes running between the Dominatrix and my Hierodule for FF protection and support. With the Dominatrix and Zoanthrope AA, this suddenly gives Tyranid a solid ground-based AA, an area in which they should be lacking. Since Zoans are quite a good upgrade in batches (I am thinking of 4 to 8 ) they pack quite an AA punch.

Dominatrix AA: I think it is relatively fair, but the Dominatrix could use an increase in points.

I have some other issues with the list, but I'll save them for another day and after a few more games.

On a related topic: Are there builds you are concerned about and you would like to see tested?

/Fredmans

Last edited by fredmans on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have lost track of the 'Nid developments recently and especially in comparison with the different versions, but for what its worth, E-UK 'Nid lists are now being played in tourneys and seem ok generally.

It might just be worth people posting their experiences whether using the 'Nids or fighting against them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:04 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

fredmans wrote:
On Gargoyles: I fail to see the benefit of CC5+ (other than marginal tactical uses, and in those cases, they would get in CC irregardless). The main benefit of Gargoyles is the 45cm FF or the defensive 25cm. My suggestion on Gargoyles (if AA is out of the question) is to drop them to 20 points instead, but keep them as upgrades. Their higher Swarming value as well as being an upgrade would equal things out in my opinion.

With them featuring less and less in our games that's pointing me towards an internal balance/points issue, yes. You're probably right on your last point, but I'd like to represent that they are somewhat better in CC than Termagants thanks to the various biomorphs they've had over the editions. I'd like to start with that, if it doesn't work we'll explore something else/more.

Quote:
On Swarming: I support D2, or keep Warriors fixed at 1 and Tyrant at 2, Dominatrix at 3 or 4.

We'll try fixed (halving, rounding up, if within 30cm or broken?) if d2s don't lead to a noticeable difference.

Quote:
On Broodlord included in Swarm as opposed to upgrade: I like it since it pushes a formation out of the crammed 150 pts' option.

Noted. Are you getting an extra attack out of him or is the Leader/Inspiring enough?

Quote:
On Zoanthrope AA: I think this gives zoans too many uses and takes away a little of "one creature - one use" feel that I think is appropriate for Tyranids. Also, I usually run a small swarm with 4 zoanthropes running between the Dominatrix and my Hierodule for FF protection and support. With the Dominatrix and Zoanthrope AA, this suddenly gives Tyranid a solid ground-based AA, an area in which they should be lacking. Since Zoans are quite a good upgrade in batches (I am thinking of 4 to 8 ) they pack quite an AA punch.

I've got other posters saying Zoanthropes are finally worth taking now. What are the multiple uses you're inferring to for them? AA and FF beast? I haven't tried more than four in any of my games yet, and those four have been spread out across two formations usually.

Quote:
Dominatrix AA: I think it is relatively fair, but the Dominatrix could use an increase in points.

25 points bump? More?

Quote:
On a related topic: Are there builds you are concerned about and you would like to see tested?

Harridan spam is still on my chopping block, whether lots of small formations or bigger ones. How have you found Lictors, Genestealers and Trygons? Also, how do Carnifex compare to Malfactors/Horospex for you?

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:15 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

One more thing, is anyone using Meiotic Spores in Onachus? I'd like to drop them from it.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They are certainly in use in E-UK lists.

Perhaps it would be best to keep them in so that the lists are aligned?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fluff-wise it might be interesting to drop them. The whole atmospheric attack wouldn't be much of a strategy for the Tyranids with the Homeworlds because they didn't have worlds bristling with life. It is possible the Tyranids simply didn't use them in mass for that campaign.

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.