Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

Ex-BioTitan List

Post subject: Ex-BioTitan List
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

[Redacted]

Thanks for the interest. This list is no longer part of the NetEA project. I will be continuing it on my own elsewhere with Version 1.1.

Feel free to come up with your own biotitan list and rules, but please leave my fleet name and background out of it if you do.

Last edited by Jaggedtoothgrin on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Splinter Fleet Rusalka: Biotitan List V1.0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

[Redacted]

Last edited by Jaggedtoothgrin on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

so the aggressive expansion rule only comes into play if the tyrannid player hasn't won on objectives?

Looks like an interesting list, although it has so much new stuff in it (units, weapons, special rules and upgrades) that it may prove hard to test and balance all the different permutations. Would it be worth putting at least the upgrades on the back burner until the other stuff has been tested first?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Interesting list

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

[Redacted]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

this is intresting to me- i\'ll take a good look later.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm interested in testing this list. Can you review, update, etc so I have a list to play with? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I played this back in April against Gargant Big Mob and won 2-1 on the fourth turn. These are my notes from the game:

- fms of 1 spore chimney auto-break if they're shot at without taking damage. Seems silly, suggest min fm size to be 2 chimneys OR make them DC2 increasing the cost.
- spores felt too expensive at 100 pts for 3. Also they should be fearless as they're mindless, not even animalistic enough to want to run away. They were fighter bomba'd to death in short order.
- Didn't take any synapse as it's expensive at +50 but I'm likely to take on all hierophants now. This is a list about surviving and taking control of parts of the board. As such, titans will break, but I need to bring them back for the following turn. Also there's a tactic there (which I used unintentionally): rush forward first turn, get broken by enemy shots (taking maybe 2, 3 DC damage), double forward as part of the break move. End phase get 1 DC back, rally on a 1+ or 2+ (!!!), and all of a sudden my hierophant is 125cm away from where it started at the beginning of the 2nd turn. OH YEAH! Sure it has 2 BMs and 2 DC damage, but it's still very much fighting fit.
- SC or bonus to activate on engage? Since there are so few activations, these are really important. Yes, I failed a few engages but I think tyranids should have engage as a default activation like orks do with a bonus for that. SC is almost impossible to get. It'd be good to have a dominatrix upgrade for big titans, where they get the SC.
- Shooty weapons seemed a bit pointless. The ideal hierophant has some kind of shooting + as many assault improvements as possible. The shooting is just to put a bm somewhere I guess, but it's not really important. I was marching them all the time, and as soon as I was close I was engaging.
- Nothing on this list except for the hierarch can beat a mega gargant in an assault as it's got double power claws at TK(D6). I guess two hierophants together could do it! :)
- the rapid expansion rule is a bit pointless really. Titans will lose the game if they don't move aggressively forward. Imp Titans don't need this rule, ork titans don't need this rule, etc.
- The Viragon was the star of the show. Turned up turn 2 really close to the mega gargant. Tried to go somewhere else but failed its activation. Somehow the mg had another target to shoot up, so in turn 3 it went for the blitz shooting up some lootas on the way. Turn 4 was its star moment as it got engaged by a gargant. Luckily it drew the 1st assault resolution so it got into b2b and then tore up the gargant (didn't completely destroy it), getting access to the blitz.
- The malanthrax was right in front of the mg, and was always going to activate before it, and there was nowhere to hide. I was reluctant to throw it for the slaughter 1st turn so was a bit conservative. It went after some lootas finally managing to catch them using adrenal glands. Beat them, but not by THAT much. They moved away and rallied over the blitz, so he had to chase them to stop them claiming it, but didn't catch them again. The 20cm move is a big downgrade from the hierophant :(

Any questions let me know. This is what I used by the way:
Assault Biotitan 525
Crushing Claw, 1 hvy bio 25
Assault Biotitan 525
1 bio-cannon, 1 hvy bc 25
Assault Biotitan 525
1 bio-cannon, 1 hvy bc 25
Malanthrax 550
Adrenal Glands 50
Viragon 550
3 Heavy Spores 100
1 Spore chimney 50
1 Spore chimney 50

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So would anybody oppose I apply to champion this list while JTG is away from epic?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

not my call but i'd love to see this moved forward. It's a cool idea.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

What does championing actually involve?
I doubt I'd be able to- I only have one local opponent, who leaves soon, but I'd like to know the details anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

TL:DR Version: I would object. Make your own damn list.

I would object.

Pretty sure there are no Squatters Rights for Intellectual Property.

If you want to create your own list, with your own rules and background, you're welcome to do so, that's what I did after all. You may not, however, simply take someone else's list (or tournament, or character, or car, or whatever else you may fancy) just because you've decided they're not using it enough (or the way you want them to)

I realise that this may go counter towards some rather foundational assumptions within the NetEA community, and it's possible, the ERC, or the community in general will declare that "yes, you can indeed just take over someone else's project so long as we agree with you" but they should not do so, as it will only discourage creativity and sharing of ideas, which is a central need of the NetEA project.

This is a small community, and it grows smaller all the time. This is a particularly niche list within it. It doesn't need a more active champion so much as it needs more active playtesting. If you want to make your own Biotitan list, I imagine you'll receive a few "looks interesting" and little to no actual support. One day, if the universe has a sense of irony, someone will show some interest, then decide that they're better suited to the job and try to take over.

The fact is, between the list itself, the EA structure, and the personalities involved (both my own and those of others) this list will never see approval. It existed in the EA landscape as part of a (now long faded) altruistic belief in the community and desire to share ideas. I am likely to only play this list amongst friends, where the "you totally made this up" nature of it will not be impacted one way or the other by it's ERC approval rating.

On a more personal note. You have been in pretty recent contact with me. I'm responding to PMs, and we discussed the future development of this list. If you wanted to float the idea of taking stewardship, you could have done that in a more civilised manner, in private.

If you cannot play nicely with someone else's toys, they are unlikely to leave them lying around for you to do so. This is exactly the sort of behaviour that leads to people (or atleast, me) to spend time "away from epic"

I have removed the current version, along with the 1.1 changes I was working on as per our earlier discussions. Feel free to make your own list up, though please leave my fleet name and background out of it.

Good job, you've achieved what the Imperium has failed to do, you've made a hive fleet "give up and go away"

Post subject: Re: Ex-BioTitan List
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:16 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

OK...

If anyone's interested in developing a WE list, post a thread and get some discussion going to see what people are interested in. Something that's balanced and what people want to play is more likely to garner the playtests required for approval than another "Hey I made a list, play it because I made it" thread.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]