Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

[OLD] Tyranid Army List v10

Post subject: Re: Tyranid Army List v10
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I , will make more playtest for the list and give some feedback .i hope and want to help the tyranid list get final in the near future.

thanks

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm back from my vacation. I had my first game recently, and will post a battle report. Just one question, Dave. I know you are trying out small swarm spam, but have you given the current amount of cheap support swarms any consideration. Due to lack of gaunts (soon to be remedied) I settled for 10 activations, but with this army list you have no problem of achieving 14 activations including Titans and quite a few war engines. I will gear up to 12 and then to 14, 15 and 16 activations. I just need to paint some more gaunts. I even have a 16 activation list that I want to try out. With so many formations including fearless units, and the rally bonus for the same formations, I think it could be hard to defeat Tyranids in three turns. Your own battles seem to be going to four turns as well.

On Harridan spam: I do no think this is the list to worry about. They achieve very little on their own. I admit that they are very handy with high movement and ranged attacks, but their shooting is very limited. Harridans can forestall defeat, but not achieve victory on their own. A suggestion would be to lower their speed to 30 cm. I do not think of them as high-speed skimmers anyway, more of a swooping monstrous beast. However, as mentioned above (with Genestealers, Harridans and Biovores all costing 150) you can build quite a flexible army with many activations very easily.

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Creating lists with so many activations may seem overpowered on paper, but its not on the table. Those activations are quite weak and easy to anihilate, so the count goes down easily. Also game is won/lost with objectives, i've seen how such an army struggled against big ork infantry formations unanle to take them out of objectives. We are doing lots of testing of nyds, always playing against them myself, and believe me, the high activation armies are competitive, but its possible to defeat them. I think that the best way to go with nyds is maintaining the number of activation high but not so high that you cant pack a couple of big/large formation to have more punch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:36 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The nids max out at 17 for 3k in v10, that's less than all the core lists. Keeping activation high (10-12) is a good idea for them but much higher than that and the swarms lack a real punch. Unupgraded Synapse Swarm have a tough time engaging when they have nothing to absorb hits with saves (as what asdepicas said). Not to mention bringing the small stuff to half-strength of less is pretty easy, making a VP win tough.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave: I'd like to see you playtest a harridan horde, as I have major concerns about their balance as singles.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:43 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

My playtest group is burned out on stress testing at the moment, and I only have one harridan built. I'm planning on building some more next year after I'm done with my elves. Can you run some?

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
My playtest group is burned out on stress testing at the moment, and I only have one harridan built. I'm planning on building some more next year after I'm done with my elves. Can you run some?

Why would you need actual Harridan models to test the build, can't you just use proxies to test the army?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:

I will if I can, but I've got three supplement lists to focus on at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:52 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Chroma wrote:
Dave wrote:

Why would you need actual Harridan models to test the build, can't you just use proxies to test the army?

Aside from a Dominatrix I don't have anything else that size though. Maybe a FW Thunderbolt... Matt'll hate that. ;D

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Use bases?

Most people who've been writing army lists with v10 have been using at least 3 sole harridans, and that's a genuine concern that you need to address.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

on monday i´ll try a game using a harridan spam, im not too concerned about them though, i find harridans very useful, but not more than 2 or 3 or you could find yourself without punch... 2 or 3 harridans gives any list maneurability and a way to contest objectives, harridan/trygon seem the best way to contest/get objectives with nyds so one or the other are autoinclude

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, I actually own a somewhat respectable Tyranid army, so I'll be happy to play test against my buddies Orks.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7