Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Should EUK 'nids be adopted?

Post subject: Re: Should EUK 'nids be adopted?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
As a list that's been basically abandoned by the Champion(s) for 2+ years, now to receive a complete re-statting pass examining every unit stat and special rule and point cost, I'd say that yes, the list's development is being re-started.

well, that's your opinion and a very negative one at that. So you would prefer the new Champion to take on a list that no-one appears able to finish and somehow polish a shine on it? Given the 'nid development history, that seems somewhat naive.

Evil and Chaos wrote:
The above does not preclude this, either. I earnestly hope to see two NetEA 'nid lists with NetEA Approved staus by this time next year.

that's logically inconsistent. You want 2 NetEA 'nid lists in a year but want one of them to be completely different to the other, in stats, structure and rules, yet sufficiently internally and externally balanced to warrant NetEA approved status. You also view the current process in an incredibly negative light, yet expect, somehow, very positive things to come from it. None of this persuades me to lend any great weight to your opinion.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mattthemuppet wrote:
Evil and Chaos wrote:
As a list that's been basically abandoned by the Champion(s) for 2+ years, now to receive a complete re-statting pass examining every unit stat and special rule and point cost, I'd say that yes, the list's development is being re-started.

well, that's your opinion and a very negative one at that. So you would prefer the new Champion to take on a list that no-one appears able to finish and somehow polish a shine on it? Given the 'nid development history, that seems somewhat naive.

Evil and Chaos wrote:
The above does not preclude this, either. I earnestly hope to see two NetEA 'nid lists with NetEA Approved staus by this time next year.

that's logically inconsistent. You want 2 NetEA 'nid lists in a year but want one of them to be completely different to the other, in stats, structure and rules, yet sufficiently internally and externally balanced to warrant NetEA approved status. You also view the current process in an incredibly negative light, yet expect, somehow, very positive things to come from it. None of this persuades me to lend any great weight to your opinion.

Honestly, you've completely mis-read me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A calm statement. This is a nid thread. Please remember that and post accordingly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:40 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Its fair enough to open this topic up for discussion, but to adopt it wholesale - I think - misses the point and is in danger of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The EpicUK list is new and may well include some interesting ideas, but it's like trying to get a Hive Fleet adapted to one system fighting against Orks, and dump them in the middle of a Marine system. (See what I did there?) There may be some good ideas and influences, but the background and styles will be different. Ultimately, this is why we have ACs, so that they are able to take each point and weigh it up and keep lists coherent and on track, and I think that with new direction for development on this list, we should be opening up discussion and exploring, rather than crossing out one version.

Be aware that, since I have posted here, I am also subscribed to this topic and will get notified of replies. Keep it productive and constructive. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
Probably better to ask a question like that in PM or in a new thread than drag this one into the wastes, Ryan. :)

Not disputing that just wanted to qualify my earlier statement.

However I do think this topic is a bit insensitive mate. I understand the reasons you did and don't think it was intentional but asking someone to scrap a list they volunteered alot of time on in favour of something developed behind closed doors which they had no involvement in is a little insensitive. I'm sure you understand how entrenched and emotionally involved people can become developing things for their hobby.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mephiston wrote:
A calm statement. This is a nid thread. Please remember that and post accordingly.

to which poster is this in reference to?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
mattthemuppet wrote:
Evil and Chaos wrote:

Evil and Chaos wrote:

Honestly, you've completely mis-read me.

okay, so educate me. I don't understand what you're trying to achieve or the reasons for doing so, only the means you would like to use.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mattthemuppet wrote:
Mephiston wrote:

to which poster is this in reference to?

Everyone....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ah, okey doke.

It did read a little like a haiku though, which I thought was neat :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mattthemuppet wrote:
okay, so educate me.

Would further elucidation serve to do anything other than prolong this topic's overdue death?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mattthemuppet wrote:
ah, okey doke.

It did read a little like a haiku though, which I thought was neat :)

You credit me for things I am not capable of lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think this thread has served its purpose, and if noone objects I'll lock it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2