Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

[UPDATE!] Tyranids v9.2.1

Post subject: Re: [UPDATE!] Tyranids v9.2.1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ginger: the whole point of these discussions is that we're looking at changes to the core rules! We WANT the core list to have the same mechanics, but the absence of the AC and lack of updates for 2 years made that impossible up till now.

We want to come up with a compromise set of special rules and stats that can be used in all lists; that means a lot of discussing different ideas. Not all will be used.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
I remain firmly convinced that there needs to be two lists, one of all the old models, and one of the new stuff.

Trying to cram it all into one will just result in bloat.

Maybe the Core list should only include Units that would be in the Old and New Skool lists? The base and hordeness of the Nids? Leaving room for the a new type list and older type? Core list labeled Kraken? Old list Behemoth? New list Leviathan?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the responses.

It doesn't seems like there were that many old models to bloat the list; maybe 5 bug vehicles? Exocrine, Haruspex, Malefactor, Dactylis and Trygon? It seems like the new list has experienced a lot more bloat , I'm not even sure what a lot of the creatures are really supposed to be or do, or what distinguishes some of them from other "run towards the enemy" units. Either way, still a lot fewer troop types than most of the other lists.

Bottom line for that is there is really no requirement for multiple lists; the limitation in 9.2.1 is the construction system. The older models are still there, they just can't be played in any quantity. I don't see the reason for it. Several armies have different types of unit constructions already, so adding one or two options to unit construction is not out of the ordinary. Maybe not every formation needs to have spawning rules. Maybe bug vehicle swarms have different C&C rules.

The biggest differences in the lists on the site seem to be command and control related, though subtle differences in abilities are there.

This is all theoretical of course... hopefully I can get a game in with my bugs tonight.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Only concerns are the limit of one uncommon brood per 2 common broods, my army lacks variety this way and is just to limiting. Warriors should not be LV. Otherwise this list is great and works well.
Suggestions would be one uncommon per common (preferably) or 2 uncommon per 3 common broods.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Roberious wrote:
Warriors should not be LV.

I can't see why not. If it's the mix of unit types needed to keep them alive that's the problem, just make them more available in a swarm.

Remember, "Kill the big ones?" That's what's occuring with Warriors in 9.2.1

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Problem is with the lack of Uncommon broods available because of the ratio it's hard to have other units in the swarm to protect the warriors from being targeted, like ravaners or Biovores. So if the uncommon broods weren't so restricted it might not make as much difference. Hence the 2 uncommons for every 3 commons seems to be a good compromise. 9 commons giving you 6 uncommons where now 8 would only give you 4.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice thread resurrection. And we never got to know if Mattakar got his game that night or not...

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

carlos wrote:
Nice thread resurrection.

Is it really resurrection if the Topic is Pinned?? Hmmm.....

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

3 months between posts.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't think it matters given the slightly transient nature of the forums. It's the first time I've even seen roberious' name on the forum so it's likely it's the first time he's broached the issue on Nids - completely guessing here of course... :)

But I digress.... :D

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dobbsy wrote:
I don't think it matters given the slightly transient nature of the forums. It's the first time I've even seen roberious' name on the forum so it's likely it's the first time he's broached the issue on Nids - completely guessing here of course... :)

A fair guess given that there was a pretty thorough argumentation of the "kill the big ones" issue a couple pages upthread.

In a way it's a problem because the 'stickied' Tyranid thread covers an army list in stasis. Chroma, the AC hasn't been heard from in a while, though, nb. his absence seems to predate May 21 by a good quarter or so.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes I'm getting worried about Chroma as I haven't been able to contact him at all.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Chroma isn't the 'nid AC anymore, Jaldon has taken over.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:38 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Chroma is good, last I talked to him. He had been (and I'm assuming still is) busy with real life and the new baby.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dobbsy wrote:

I don't post a lot but been around for a while and have made the odd comment concerning this list. I play Nids most of the time and have tried some of the other army lists as well. I prefer v9.2.1 but some of the other lists do have interesting variants. I have played this list vs. IG, Marines, Eldar, Chaos Black Legion and Orks. Eldar is the most difficult to fight because of all the skimmers and air superiority. IG can really lay down the damage early on but once I get my units into combat the tide turns. Orks can be quite close with Horde vs. Horde and the Gargants are very difficult to take down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next