Login |  Register |  FAQ

New Game - New Projects? :)

Post subject: New Game - New Projects? :)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Really just doing this to say "First" ! ;D

So is anyone getting the game and if so what plans do you have?

I already have a sizeable collection of marines so have pre-ordered some of the Solar Auxiliary infantry, and will probably go halves on the starter set in the new year following Xmas and when funds allow.

The game looks a lot like a conservative take on 2nd edition to me, just with a bit of modernisation (more mission rules - good! More special rules/bumpf to do the modern GW thing of needing several rulebooks open on the table at once - bad!) I love Epic 2nd so am happy with that but looking forward to see how it plays in practice.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: New Game - New Projects? :)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:54 am 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

I have the core boxed set and a box of Rhinos pre-ordered. Most of my games will be at a store, so I am restricted to official minis only. I plan on combining the Marines (Space Wolves) and Solar Auxiliary initially, and then separate them into two individual forces later as I expend both (Marines first). I also plan on a Word Bearers/Dark Mechanicum force in the future too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ooooh no the curse of the GW store and having to use official minis! :) Although sometimes I have found you can sneak stuff in, and ideally you need the staff members there that don't give a **** ! A friend of mine got his army on display in WHW once (this is way back before the official Horus Heresy stuff, and he'd self-cast and converted an entire Crusade-era Space Wolves army but almost none of it was 'official') - think it looked so good the staff there obviously just didn't care!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:44 am 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Yeah. This is an independent store, so they probably wouldn't mind too much if I use some prints, but its not really fair to use their tables and not buy stuff from them. It just makes it easier if I know that my minis are (mostly) official.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I’m keen for Epic-scale gaming to become popular enough that I can play it at friendly local gaming stores or with big40K friends! Though it is kinda neat to think it’ll be back in GW stores, and I think it appeals to me more than playing 40K there these days. GW stores around here are actually decent places to play games, if one can get to them, haha.

I’ve yet to get a proper look at the rules (hence why I visited here, eheheh), but I’m interested to see what they’ve done. Epic 2E at least has a great activation system, even if it doesn’t innovate quite as much as the other editions.

Alas, I prefer the Heresy background as it was written before I was born… I think I might have to make some kind of secessionist force to have a proper nerdy niche!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I will admit, despite having many years of subsisting on some wonderful stuff from Vanguard, Microworld and the like, it was very nice (and a bit strange!) to be opening a new GW Epic, shrink-wrapped box for the first time in about 20 years!

For the most part they are really lovely minis - certainly the Solar'/Guard units are very nice little sculpts. I am probably going to get some of the official mk6 beakie guys, then combine with 3D prints (for the older armour marks) as I am doing a large Rangdan Genocide project.

Completely get your point CyberShadow on wanting to support the store. I am the same - I've got some of the basic Legions boxsets, may sub in a few units of 3rd party bits, but will get thinks like Rhinos (and Land Raiders, when they come) as official minis.