Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

DOMINION

Post subject: Re: DOMINION
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So how is troop quality taken in account?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Saukopfblende wrote:
So how is troop quality taken in account?

Currently a lot of that is done with basic unit stats.

Down the line there will be an enhanced rule set that will have more complex command rules, for the initial "Quickplay" rule set the command mechanics have been simplified a little, in order to act as an introduction to the basic rules framework.

So some of that may come in later.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
So if I have 10 formations, and my opponent has 9 formations, I put in 10 red dice and my opponent puts in 9 white dice.

You also put in one black dice.

Has modifying the number of black dice based on the initial power value of each side been considered? Something like one black dice per 100? Then only once all black dice are drawn would the turn end, before they're all pulled drawing a black dice could mean no turn, opponent takes a turn, you take a turn, whatever.

I think the easing of the probability of ending the turn before at least a few units have had a chance might be beneficial. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It has been discussed, but I don’t recall when, if we were to implement a black Die per 100 Power we would have a constant ratio of 1 to 4 as there is a maximum of 4 activations per 100 Power if we were to travel down that path in the future it would be maybe 1 per 150 Power giving 1 at 0-150 and two to 150-300 an idea to look at during our reviews of the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That sounds like a good idea. Surely you want a fairly consistent ratio of activations to “black dice”? ie. you want to get through *most* activations in most turns, but its not guaranteed (as it is in EA) ?

Sent using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As E&C said it doesn’t throw up that many turns where players get a minimum number of activations. We are looking at the activations. It may change but we have a deadline to hit so it may have to wait for a 1.5 update or we look at it for the main ruleset.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fair enough. Worth looking at later though.

I think its that situation where it doesn’t happen *that* much when a player rolls 1 for half their activations for a turn in EA - but when it does...

I’ve been writing an alternative activation system for EA since that discussion on activation spam a few months back (hence looking at TFL games and others). Ive also spoken to a few Bolt Action player in the past. I think what you have currently is a very good evolution of that idea as it sounds like BA at tournament level suffers from much the same issues as EA. Looking forward to being able to try it out... :-)

Sent using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks, hopefully when it becomes available, it equally brings equal moments of joy and despair. We are always open for feedback and looking for ways to improve the game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd like to see the rules as a living rulebook that can and will be amended as both feedback and additional expansions are added to the system.

Hope to have the free PDF up on my site by the beginning of next week.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

moredakka wrote:
I'd like to see the rules as a living rulebook that can and will be amended as both feedback and additional expansions are added to the system.

I propose that you have the examples and explanations of concepts done "in-character" in the full book by Skinnerz "Boss Squiggle", complete with chalk board diagrams. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh, what's the thinking so far on scenarios and victory conditions? Is it currently being played on what i'd call an old 'warhammer style pitched battle' with points victory, or have you been playing around with something similar to the Epic 'grand scenario' or are you thinking of going down the multiple scenarios line?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There are two scenarios in the initial rules set:

Scenario #1 - Simple clash: Destroy two thirds of your opponent's army (in points).

Scenario #2 - Objectives: The game is played over 2 or 3 objectives (depending on table size), holding an objective (uncontested) grants points in the end phase, first player to make it to ten points wins.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!!!

Really really hyped with this game. Wonderful range of minis (as usual in DoD) and thanks for the effort of made this possible.

I’m really curious about the miniatures and bases. It would be some minimum-maximum number of minis per base?? I’m asking because, in Vanguard shop, i’ve seen bases with more minis than others (for example, Elite maniple, crowded with infantry, dreads, support weapons and assault tanks).

In other side, in Mech type units, tanks and infantry acts separated or they should be mounted on the same base?? I’m confused, because i also see that some tanks maniple has Transport as a special rule.

Finally, an this specially for Moredakka: how about sell Intro Army packs for Dominion??? For example, selling a pack of centuries for about 100-150 points. I think this would help new players for start playing (similar as example armies published by Squiggleamp)

Well, stop reading this and go back to work!!!!! ;D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I like the sound of the second scenario - sounds a bit like the one we were playing at the Epic Exeter tournament earlier in the year, and it does make for an interesting list conundrum, as you need both rapid elements to go take objectives as well as slower, more powerful elements to hold (and take opponents) objectives in later turns. Whether it dramatically changed people's lists for the event (compared to playing the standard Epic Grand Scenario only) i'm not sure, but it certainly made you think about whether what you took could handle that different style.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rulebook with army lists should be available this weekend.

Thanks guys

@hyuri In regards to models there is still the same Affray on each base. The infantry version comes equipped with support weapons, Gladiators and the Hammer infantry support weapon all on one base. The Mech doesn’t have the capability to carry all that so look lighter and move faster. For the transports for Mech you can do either, I mount mine with the infantry on a single base others have done it separately it has no bearing in the game as the Trojans have no stats. Other vehicles with the transport rules can transport an infantry stand with the same size base or smaller. The Mauler is 3 to a 60x40 base so can carry infantry stands mounted on a 40x40 or a 60x40 it is a Maniple Support choice so can be chosen to give Affray Siege armour or vets a transport capability so they can be taken in a Mech Maniple

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next