Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Army List: Chaos

Post subject: Re: Army List: Chaos
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

According to GW Q&A in 1993 Greater Demons cannot move through woods. I hadn't realised this.

Also, Chaos cards used on The Lord of Battles should be played once the armour roll is failed but before any damage roll takes place. Again, I'm sure I don't play it that way.

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm on my iPad so can't get the damn links! Check out the fb page Epic Space Marine 40K for the Q&A docs.

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

We've changed a lot of things in 17 years. Most of that old Q&A doesn't apply to net epic. The framework is the same, but everything has pretty much changed. ;)

Why are you reading that old stuff anyway?

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Heh! I saw it posted on fb and thought it was interesting to read! There's no doubt that Net Epic has refined and improved the rules though, not suggesting we go back to 2nd Edition! I just thought it might be interesting to discuss one or two points that I noticed in the documents! :)

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
Heh! I saw it posted on fb and thought it was interesting to read! There's no doubt that Net Epic has refined and improved the rules though, not suggesting we go back to 2nd Edition! I just thought it might be interesting to discuss one or two points that I noticed in the documents! :)

Hi!

Ah, gotcha! :)

I'm not sure I would even know how to approach some of those Q&A. It's been at least 15 years since I have played stock SM2/TL, I'm not sure I know how anymore! ;) ;D

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
According to GW Q&A in 1993 Greater Demons cannot move through woods. I hadn't realised this.

I'd forgotten that one, and I last played SM2 in 2008/9. Not that my Greater Daemons every bothered with moving through woods, they used buildings to hide behind if they needed cover.

Quote:
Also, Chaos cards used on The Lord of Battles should be played once the armour roll is failed but before any damage roll takes place. Again, I'm sure I don't play it that way.

I always played it that way, even prior to the FAQ. It just made sense. Greater Daemons generally only used Chaos Cards of they failed their save, so it was logical for the same rule to apply to the Lord of Battles. Let's face it, it needed all the help it could get anyway.

Anyway, luckily we don't have to worry about these particular issues for NetEpic. In fact, apart from any final checks for typos, I suspect that we've probably rounded off the Chaos review.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd like to (re-)introduce "new" unitstats for the Nurgling Mound for us grognards that still have the old lead models. Frankly, any DDM or PFM medium swarm could be used as these as well, so finding models should not be difficult for the modern player. Specifically:

Nurgling Swarm: Type: Infantry; Support: 5 models, BP 3, Morale 2, VP 1, Cost 50.
10cm, 6+, +2, claws & bites, Cloud of Flies (cannot be outnumbered in close combat)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just noticed another thing (and haven't searched the thread to see if it came up already, sorry if it has). On the Chaos Marine List, the "Drop Pods" Special Formation adds +5 to the formation's BP. This value should probably be +7 for Chaos Marines, as their Companies do not have any Rhinos to replace.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
Just noticed another thing (and haven't searched the thread to see if it came up already, sorry if it has). On the Chaos Marine List, the "Drop Pods" Special Formation adds +5 to the formation's BP. This value should probably be +7 for Chaos Marines, as their Companies do not have any Rhinos to replace.

Hi!

Good catch added. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
I'd like to (re-)introduce "new" unitstats for the Nurgling Mound for us grognards that still have the old lead models. Frankly, any DDM or PFM medium swarm could be used as these as well, so finding models should not be difficult for the modern player. Specifically:

Nurgling Swarm: Type: Infantry; Support: 5 models, BP 3, Morale 2, VP 1, Cost 50.
10cm, 6+, +2, claws & bites, Cloud of Flies (cannot be outnumbered in close combat)

Now that is old. When is that from? I don't recall that being around in Renegades.

Play test those stats and let us know how they work out. If they fit okay, then I'm sure that it wouldn't be a problem to add them somewhere. If not in the core list, they could go in whichever other new thing Primarch and others are developing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was wondering if anyone would notice that post.

"Where are those stats from?" That is a very good question. I've had those stats in my personal files for Epic Chaos models for as long as I can remember. While I may have derived them from 1st edition Epic stats that never made it into 2nd, I just don't know. [I have all those old White Dwarf issues, but they are a little buried at the moment, so checking will take some effort.] I may have just made them up from thin air.

I also may have made them up to be a part of the crew for my customized Mega-Unclean One. It's a Mega-Gargant that has been corrupted into the service of Nurgle. If people are interested, I can post more details.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Found another (probably) error.

A Support formation of Tzeentch Automation has a Break Point of 6 (of 6 models), whereas the Thousand Sons Century (which contains 2 Chaos Marine detachments (each BP 3 of 5) and 1 Automation detachment (BP 6 of 6) has a Break Point of 8. This number should either be "6*" with a note saying that it only applies to the Marine detachments, or be "12" (6 for the 2x Marine detachments & +6 for the Automation).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

On the same note, all of the other Centuries (World Eaters, Death Guard, Emperor's Children) each have BP of 8, when it should probably be 9. Each of their constituent detachments have BP's of 3 out of 5 models, so the total should be 9 for the Company.

If this was done intentionally, let me know. Admittedly, a BP of 8 would be just over half of the 15 models in the Company, while 9 is a bit higher yet. Still, since these Companies do not have any Command models, perhaps their BP should be 9.

For that matter, was it intentional to remove the Chaos Champion that was a part of these Companies back in 2nd edition? I'd love to hear the reason(s) behind that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
I was wondering if anyone would notice that post.

"Where are those stats from?" That is a very good question. I've had those stats in my personal files for Epic Chaos models for as long as I can remember. While I may have derived them from 1st edition Epic stats that never made it into 2nd, I just don't know. [I have all those old White Dwarf issues, but they are a little buried at the moment, so checking will take some effort.] I may have just made them up from thin air.

Could they have come from the experimental rules which were published in White Dwarf before SM1 became SM2? There was an experimental Chaos list from that time period I'm led to believe. I didn't start playing Space Marine until SM2 was released though, so I have no first hand experience of this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
On the same note, all of the other Centuries (World Eaters, Death Guard, Emperor's Children) each have BP of 8, when it should probably be 9. Each of their constituent detachments have BP's of 3 out of 5 models, so the total should be 9 for the Company.

If this was done intentionally, let me know. Admittedly, a BP of 8 would be just over half of the 15 models in the Company, while 9 is a bit higher yet. Still, since these Companies do not have any Command models, perhaps their BP should be 9.

For that matter, was it intentional to remove the Chaos Champion that was a part of these Companies back in 2nd edition? I'd love to hear the reason(s) behind that.

Break Point for a company card is not the sum of each detachment break point but the sum of stands /2 (rounded up).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next