Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Army List: Imperial Guard

Post subject: Re: Army List: Imperial Guard
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Of course, trying to apply this to Gold would mean coming up with costs for Gold. Ugh, I'm not sure I want to wrap my head around that just now. Then again, Gold costs don't have to be logical or consistent, so it should be fairly easy to crank out some numbers.

Oh, I just noticed another small error in the entries above. For all "Tactical Legion" Support formations that list 3 of a given Transport, it should instead show 5, as five is the number used for the cost calculations.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A question relating to formats. In the post a bit above, the Special formations are arranged by basic troop type with all options for transport listed in one place, whereas the Support formations are arranged by transport type listing all troop types carried by them. Which format do people prefer?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
A question relating to formats. In the post a bit above, the Special formations are arranged by basic troop type with all options for transport listed in one place, whereas the Support formations are arranged by transport type listing all troop types carried by them. Which format do people prefer?

Hi!

Hmm. Torn on this one. The first option, but by a slim margin.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Agreed. I've gone though and retyped everything by Infantry type rather than by transport type and it does look better. Even though I'm not as far through the forces as I'd prefer to be, I'm going to begin posting the results of this tweak so you guys can see what I'm seeing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Let me know what the final form of options in the gold book should be and I will edit out the rest to an optional PDF.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

On hit location templates & Damage Charts, a couple of things.

Capitol Imperialis:
_ Hull, result of 6 reads: "Bridge or engine hit: bridge if the front half of the vehicle, engine if the rear. Any points over 6 are bonuses to the second roll, and that many transported stands must make their save or die." This has two problems. First, the CI does not have an "Engine" location. I'm presuming this means "Reactor". Secondly, both the Bridge and Reactor locations are in the front half of the model. Perhaps change to: "Reactor or transport compartment hit: Reactor if the front half of the model, compartment if the rear. Points over 6 on Hull are bonus to roll on Reactor. If Compartment hit, roll d6 for each model being carried and hit on 4+ at TSM equal to points over 6 on roll vs Hull."
_ Front Template, left most column is a few pixels too high.

Leviathan
Hull result of 6 has the same Engine vs Reactor typo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
On hit location templates & Damage Charts, a couple of things.

Capitol Imperialis:
_ Hull, result of 6 reads: "Bridge or engine hit: bridge if the front half of the vehicle, engine if the rear. Any points over 6 are bonuses to the second roll, and that many transported stands must make their save or die." This has two problems. First, the CI does not have an "Engine" location. I'm presuming this means "Reactor". Secondly, both the Bridge and Reactor locations are in the front half of the model. Perhaps change to: "Reactor or transport compartment hit: Reactor if the front half of the model, compartment if the rear. Points over 6 on Hull are bonus to roll on Reactor. If Compartment hit, roll d6 for each model being carried and hit on 4+ at TSM equal to points over 6 on roll vs Hull."
_ Front Template, left most column is a few pixels too high.

Leviathan
Hull result of 6 has the same Engine vs Reactor typo.

Hi!

Since my Indesign skills are increasing thanks to Warmaster Nice's assistance I can now update things a lot more effectively.

I greatly appreciate you posting this stuff, since I can now update it as you post them. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

IG book updated with recommended changes.

There is an odd "thickening" of the lines that surround some of the cells on the CI template. I can figure out how to get rid of them, but that is just a cosmetic thing I can get help to fix later.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Imperial flyers must be independants isn't there ?

Member of NetEpic Translation Committee.

"If you break my tea, I break your ass !" Grakor Urg Margor, the ork big boss who like tea !
(sea http://fbruntz.fr/lpt/regles/regles.html)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

csuia wrote:
Imperial flyers must be independants isn't there ?

Hi!

Yes, they would act as independent units.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hmm, good catch. Yeah, they would have to, at least for Guard and PDF armies. Well, the Lightnings, Marauders, and Thunderbolt designs would. The Valkyrie and Vulture would not have to have Independent as they do have Companies, and thus do have Command that can keep up with them. They could have it, for use in Support formations, but would not necessarily have to have it. Then again, I guess they would have to have it, as they can be taken as Support formations and thus may not have access to Command that can keep up with them.

Other Imperial armies' Flyers would not have to have the ability. The question then is: Should they? The main reason I can think of to put it on all of them, regardless of whether the faction uses a Command radius or not is uniformity. The Imperium is really big on uniformity. Everything has to be done THIS way or it's Heresy! Thus they probably should. That, and then the points costs would be the same across factions as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Valkyrie and Vulture could have the "independent" even if they can be picked as a company. This would just mean that if a detachment failed a morale check and is not within command radius, they immediately rout.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi all,

it seems that medusa is missing the "Destroy Buildings" ability in stats (page 34) and description (page 20).

As description says "This is a large, direct-fire gun used to destroy fortified positions or engage heavily armoured targets.", I supposed it's a "destroy building" weapon, not a "damage building" weapon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Interesting catch. The Medusa does double it's TSM vs structures, so its ability to harm buildings is covered ... in a way.

Then the question would be: Does it need either the Damages or Destroys Buildings abilities as well, or is that assumed to be included in the Doubles TSM vs Structures ability?

I would say that "Doubles TSM vs Structures" has to include Damages Buildings, otherwise the ability makes no sense. I am uncertain whether the Medusa should have Destroys Buildings, as I am unfamiliar with the model outside of NetEpic Gold. How does it act in W40K? Of course, that assumes it exists there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

According to 40k wikia, medusa primary use is destroying buildings, so giving it this ability would be totally correct.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next