Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rules questions

Post subject: Re: Rules questions
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the reply! Usefull info as always!

Thanks

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another question:

1. If charging an artillery detachment (basilisk) with barragepoint weapon but no minimum attack range are they allowed to shoot? The rules only states that template with no range such as flamers are allowed to shoot.
If they are allowed to shoot how is it resolved if the charging models start outside of vision. Can they shoot 1 model? Place the template indirectly at where the charging models start? Seems awful confusing how to resolve it if it is indeed allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As you mentioned, the rules state "Template weapons with no range, like Flamethrowers, may be used as well to fire at a charging unit." It does not say "no minimum range", just "no range". Thus any template weapon with a Range value (other than Template) cannot.

This is why it is always a good tactic to keep at least one detachment of troops (Tactical at least, Assault preferred) back next to the artillery to screen them from such attackers. Artillery are intentionally vulnerable to Close Combat attacks, and thus BP based weapons should not be able to fire at such attackers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Perfect, also what we thought. Just not specified so wanted to make sure.

Thanks again

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Thanks for fielding these Magnus! :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another question. From the rulebook (page 46):

Quote:
"1) Scatter the shot. Pick a location and roll the scatter dice. A shot
that deviates to a blank or already destroyed location, or a location covered by
an obstacle is considered a miss.

2) Make an Armour Save. Modify the location’s Armour Save by the
weapon’s TSM as normal. If the save fails the shot has penetrated the Armour.
If a location has been destroyed or blown off, the shot will hit the hull (if that
wouldn’t make sense, choose another logical location) with an additional -1
TSM."

So which is it....if a location is destroyed and I hit it again does it miss (as stated in 1) or does it hit the hull (as stated in 2)....Or does it mean that if a shot is scatter to a destroyed location the hit is a miss and if I target a destroyed location and the hit does not miss then the titan is hit in the hull and has to save with -1TSM?

Its kinda confusing IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ronnie_Nielsen wrote:
Another question. From the rulebook (page 46):

Quote:
"1) Scatter the shot. Pick a location and roll the scatter dice. A shot
that deviates to a blank or already destroyed location, or a location covered by
an obstacle is considered a miss.

2) Make an Armour Save. Modify the location’s Armour Save by the
weapon’s TSM as normal. If the save fails the shot has penetrated the Armour.
If a location has been destroyed or blown off, the shot will hit the hull (if that
wouldn’t make sense, choose another logical location) with an additional -1
TSM."

So which is it....if a location is destroyed and I hit it again does it miss (as stated in 1) or does it hit the hull (as stated in 2)....Or does it mean that if a shot is scatter to a destroyed location the hit is a miss and if I target a destroyed location and the hit does not miss then the titan is hit in the hull and has to save with -1TSM?

Its kinda confusing IMO.

Hi!

Agreed, which is why I don't like the templates much anymore.

The "traditional" interpretation is that it would count as a miss, since the destroyed location just "absorbs" the hit.

Some though that unfair and preferred such hits gets transferred to the hull or equivalent.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Then it needs to be reworded. I suggest:

Quote:
1) Scatter the shot. Pick a location and roll the scatter dice. A shot that deviates to a blank or already destroyed location, or a location covered by an obstacle is considered a miss.

2) Make an Armour Save. Modify the location’s Armour Save by the weapon’s TSM as normal. If the save fails the shot has penetrated the Armor.

OPTIONAL RULE
Those who desire more "realism" in this regard may instead transfer a hit to a destroyed or blown off location to the next logical hit location that would be in the line of the shot. For example, if a shot would hit the right-side Carapace Weapon location on a Warlord Titan from the side, then the next logical location to be hit would be either the Carapace itself (if the shot was from above), the left-side Carapace Weapon location (if the shot was horizontal), or would miss the Titan entirely (if from lower than the level of the weapon), depending on the angle of the shot. This will have to be figured out on a case by case basis.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

That looks good Magnus. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The cleanup males it clearer How to deal with destroyed lokations. So would be fine with me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The revision looks good to me. Destroyed or blown off locations always counted as a miss in SM2, and I feel that it's simplest to stick with this as the core rule. Thanks Magnus, you're a master of re-writing rules for clarity :).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yet another question.

We played another game this weekend with 5 players and again had a lot of fun. But the rules on rerolls are not 100% clear so clarification would help.

Are you allowed to reroll a dice more than once under any circumstance. What came up is the squat rules on rerolling any 1 on CC for all infantry. If a squat rolls 2d6 and one of the dice is a 1 he is allowed to reroll this dice. Is he then allowed to use an elite reroll after having rerolled the dice with 1. If he is allowed to reroll using the elite reroll, is he then allowed to reroll a 1 on the second reroll.

What we had come up was:

1. Squat rolls 2d6 for CC. One dice is a 1 and is rerolled
2. Squat still looses CC and so chooses to use an elite reroll
3. The elite reroll still looses CC, but there is a 1 on one of the dice
4. The squat rerolls the dice with the 1 -now he wins. But it "took" 3 rerolls to win the combat.

That is an awful lot of rerolls and I started wondering how much rerolling is allowed (using multiple elite rerolls could also happen).

In the squat book I can find a section saying:

Quote:
Each stand may only reroll dice once per turn.

So if a stand rolls 2d6 and one of the dice is a 1, the squat can either reroll that one dice (free) or use an elite reroll to reroll both dice. No matter what the result of the reroll there is no further rerolls on the dice after the first reroll.

Secondary question is one the elite reroll. If a company card has a single stand with elite, can the elite reroll be used to reroll the morale of the entire company then (e.g. warrior brotherhood)? The elite rules states that:

Quote:
In addition, each Elite detachment in your army gives you a
re-roll counter. This counter may be used once per game on any die roll
that any Elite unit makes

So unit is a single stand but I assume that the elite reroll is not usable to reroll morale for the entire company card as it is written?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Your right, that is confusing! ;)

I'd say that for a stand that is not elite one re-roll per game turn and for Elites a maximum of "two". Assuming the rules allow them such a thing. Probably only applicable to squat elites due to their particular rules.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I agree with Primarch on the first question.

As to the second, I would allow the 'elite re-roll' to be used toward a Morale check IF, and only if, the stand with the Elite ability was a part of that specific detachment (remember that Morale checks are made per detachment, not per formation) and was still in play at the time that the Morale check is required. In other words, if the stand with Elite has been removed as a casualty, then the associated detachment could not use a re-roll based on the Elite rule.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ok. The reroll seems clear enough. One reroll per dice roll and the elite reroll can bypass the rule so to speak.

I think the elite rule should not be allowed on morale, but I will tell the group. We choose to not allow it last we played ;)

Thanks for the answers as always.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next