Login |  Register |  FAQ

Army Lists

Post subject: Army Lists
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

huh ,yeah, good god, ya'll....what are they good for?

So I want to be upfront and say that I am not a big fan of E:A's Army list system.

1) I hate being limited (even from a virtual sense) on what I can bring in my force.
2) I feel that in a situation where you build restricted lists is a two edged sword, causing some units to become FOTM the other positive side is that it does allow control of an overpowered unit by quantity. (both of these should be addressed by the points modelling system.

My preference is for an army book, with all of the units and let the players create their army within the flavor framework for the race or army-type.

I thought I would have a lot more to write on this, but that is the overall synopsis. Any thoughts?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Army Lists
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, the Points Formula should at least help, if not fix, various balance issues.

That is the basic thought for Platinum, and may well be integrated into 6 as well. That is, heightened freedom to create the army that you want with minimal restrictions, or just flavor/fluff based ones.

Post subject: Re: Army Lists
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd just like to say that this is a good option for people who have older models too, as quite often they don't have a "full" detachment/formation/mob/whatever, and sourcing replacements isn't really a viable option. They just want to throw down what they have available.
I think set formation sizes and limitations for balance was fine when models were fully supported, but now that we are on our own in the void variability is the way to go.
There are some amazing third party models being made right now, that are readily available, but for those who don't want to mix the aesthetic of their army variability is a must. It caters for both camps too.