Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

NEP Space Marine Formations and Stats

Post subject: Re: NEP Space Marine Formations and Stats
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Haha, you guys are like most Trotskyist groups and parties out there. Always splintering... :-)

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I married a Canadienne and we travel back and forth regularly. I have simply embraced not knowing how far, how cold, or how much!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OmniJackal wrote:
Also I'm not sure if you're being serious by calling Americans dumb but this is happening regardless of what you want or say. I want inches, I'm spending all the time on the project for myself, I'm going to get inches. I need infantry to move 3", not 7.5cm.

Well, according to reality 3 inches equals 7.5 cm, thus there is nothing you can do about that.

As to Americans being dumb, well, there are a lot of dumb people in every country and a lot of smart people as well. However, the USA is the last remaining country on the face of the Earth to not use the Metric system as their official default system. That is dumb.

If you want to use inches for your own private use, then there is nothing that anyone can do to stop that. I will just ask that you use cm when posting data online. Or don't.

You also have a couple of errors in the individual entries in the next post. I don't have time to go through them in detail just now, but I did notice that you valued a F5+ save as 3 points where it should be 4 points. Fixed saves cost 2 points per pip of save value.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Since you but, I'll also point out that the only country in the world that uses standard is also the only country in the world with a flag on the moon :)

Anyway, I thought saves were each point x 3 and fixed saves each point x 6? Everything in this formula costs a lot more than stock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mordoten wrote:
Haha, you guys are like most Trotskyist groups and parties out there. Always splintering... :-)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I explained what I meant by the saves incorrectly, and it turns out that I did not see what I thought I saw. I thought I saw that you had (2+3)*3, where you actually have 2*3+2*6. Your assessment that each point of normal save costs 3 points and each point of fixed costs double that is correct. It was the layout that you are using that I misread. You see, I use a spreadsheet for all of the math. I put the total equivalent pips in a field, one for each point of normal save and two for each point of Fixed. Then another field references that field and multiplies the value therein by 3. In other words, your entries for Save values are correct.

Looking through all four entries there (including the edits) your totals are all way off. All of the entries seem right though so I can't quite ... er ... oops. My bad, I made an error above when I listed out the formula for CAF. I forgot the -5 that is applied to the Movement based part of that calculation. Argh, I hate it when I leave off little things like that. Adjust all of the CAF calculations and those should be right. Specifically, for the basic Chapter Master change:
... = (6*1.5)*(1+2.75+1.5+2) = ...
to
... = (6*1.5)*(1+2.75+1.5+2-5) = ...

After adjusting for the -5, I'm getting the following totals for those four entries.
If you get the same, then you are good to go.

Huh, I also made an error with the Morale value. I seem to have been taking it as having a Morale of --, instead of the 1 you have listed. Yeah, 1.3 is the correct value for that.

Not everything costs more in the Formula than in Gold. Basic troops (Tactical, Militia, Guardian, etc) are mostly coming out of the Formula as less, if not far less, than their old values. A bunch of other things are also less costly, but I'll let you see those for yourself in those threads. The Chapter Master, and other similarly powerful models, generally do increase as they were mostly undervalued before.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes! The subtract 5 part. That makes a HUGE difference.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi I did a deathskull and looted Mattman's first pdf kicked the dust of it and updated it .
What do you gentlemen think?

Attachment:
NEP+Space+Marine+Stats+141104+update - Copy.pdf [148.79 KiB]
Downloaded 379 times

It has a few typo's still

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8