Login |  Register |  FAQ

Scenarios for new update

Post subject: Re: Scenarios for new update
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
That's not entirely correct. The 2nd edition Titan Legions set had "Titan Missions" which, with a little creativity, could be utilized by any forces. I also seem to recall one (or more) White Dwarf articles about this during 2nd edition, but I'm not sure.

Still, adding some would be a good idea.

Hi!

Titan missions weren't really scenarios. They just added a layer of "extra objectives" for titans to accomplish. The backdrop was still the same old "line 'em up and attack" deployment style.

Unfortunately they are so badly written and balanced that we gave up on trying to fix them long ago and haven't tried since.

You are correct that there was a WD article with an attempt of actual scenarios, but suffered the same fate as titan missions. Not very well written nor useful.

The first edition ones would be the most optimal to use and convert. They cover a wide range of options and balance the victory condition based on the difficultly of achieving them. For example there was one were the goal of one side was to move their units off table on their opponents edge. The opposite goal was to stop the others players from doing so. Since its easier to try to race off the table than to stop them, the player with the task of stopping the units got a points bonus (there was no VP's, you counted points destroyed/off table for victory) to reflect the relative difficulties of the two tasks.

A lot of those old scenarios were like this. I think it would be easy to convert them to VP's instead of points and conserve the relative balance they have.

I kind of wonder why we never did this..... ;)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Profile Send private message