Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Titan Experience Rules

Post subject: Re: Titan Experience Rules
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
primarch wrote:
Would we divide them into crew and upgrades as well? Or just upgrades (the crew is kind of superfluous with praetorians. Thoughts?

The chaos stuff looks.

As much as Crew aren't mentioned as much with Praetorians as with Titans, Praetorians also haven't been around as long either. (To the best of my knowledge, they didn't exist as such until NetEpic.) I'd say Crew could be just as important for either type of war machine. For the most part, a Praetorian should be able to use most any Crew Skill or machine Upgrade available to Titans. A few may need minor editing, but should be fine. I say this not having looked through them with an eye out specifically for this however, so I may be wrong.

it looks...
Good?
Terrible?
Random?
I think you forgot a word or two there... ;D

Hi!

The chaos stuff looks GOOD! ;D

We'll use the same designations then for praetorians, crew skills and upgrades. I'll read through them again, but you may be right and they need little to no adaptations for use with praetorians.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I haven't seen Magnus of late, so here's a shout out to you buddy!

I hope all is well and expectantly awaiting all that great chaos stuff to finalize these alternate rules. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The problem has been solved.

Still working on the Chaos lists, not done but making progress. Still, I think a teaser is in order. Here are two of the Tier 2 Mutations. Let me know if anything is unclear or confusing.

Additional Head
(This Titan gains another Head. Either choose or roll for location:
_ _ 1. To the left of the first Head.
_ _ 2. To the right of the first Head.
_ _ 3. Above the first Head.
_ _ 4. Below the first Head.
_ _ 5. Behind the first Head.
_ _ 6. On the opposite side of the Titan.
The Head gained is a completely normal Head for that class of Titan. Any Mutation or Reward gained from this point forward that changes a Head may affect any one Head that the Titan has at the owner's preference, but once chosen the choice is permanent. Results 1 through 4 and 6 above will require reworking the hit location template to reflect the new configuration. Result 5 means that the new Head cannot be targeted until the older Head is destroyed. Crew survive if any Head location(s) survive the battle, and the result of "crashes to the ground as a result of explosions" result only happens if all Head locations are destroyed. This may be gained any number of times.)

and

Morphic Hardpoint
(Select one hardpoint for this to apply to. Once selected, this may not be changed. The weapon attached to this Hardpoint may change into other weapons. Select a number of additional weapons equal to the number of Honors this Titan has. When a new Honor is gained, a new weapon is selected and paid for. These additional weapon options do increase the cost of the Titan by the cost of the weapons selected. All selected weapons must be legal for that class of Titan and Hardpoint. During each Orders Phase the player selects one weapon from the list for that Hardpoint to use for that turn. Any hit location results of 'damaged' or 'destroyed' count on a weapon by weapon basis, and a weapon with either of these results may be changed to another next turn. The damaged or destroyed weapon may not be used again during that battle, but may be repaired before the next battle. If an active weapon suffers the 'blown off' result, the Hardpoint may not change on the next turn, but may change on the one following. If a selected weapon is a single shot weapon (Barrage Missile Launcher, Vortex Missile, etc) and that weapon is used, the Hardpoint may not change until the second turn after (same as the blown off result). This may be gained multiple times. Each time, the Titan may either A: add another legal weapon to it's list, or B: replace one weapon on the list for a weapon that is normally not allowed on that class of Titan or is from another Faction's Titan weapons. As random examples: a Warhound could exchange any weapon on it's list for a Plasma Destructor or a Barrage Missile Launcher; a Warlord could exchange for an Eldar Distortion Cannon or a Tyranid Bio-Cannon.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
The problem has been solved.

Still working on the Chaos lists, not done but making progress. Still, I think a teaser is in order. Here are two of the Tier 2 Mutations. Let me know if anything is unclear or confusing.

Additional Head
(This Titan gains another Head. Either choose or roll for location:
The Head gained is a completely normal Head for that class of Titan. Any Mutation or Reward gained from this point forward that changes a Head may affect any one Head that the Titan has at the owner's preference, but once chosen the choice is permanent. Results 1 through 4 and 6 above will require reworking the hit location template to reflect the new configuration. Result 5 means that the new Head cannot be targeted until the older Head is destroyed. Crew survive if any Head location(s) survive the battle, and the result of "crashes to the ground as a result of explosions" result only happens if all Head locations are destroyed. This may be gained any number of times.)

and

Morphic Hardpoint
(Select one hardpoint for this to apply to. Once selected, this may not be changed. The weapon attached to this Hardpoint may change into other weapons. Select a number of additional weapons equal to the number of Honors this Titan has. When a new Honor is gained, a new weapon is selected and paid for. These additional weapon options do increase the cost of the Titan by the cost of the weapons selected. All selected weapons must be legal for that class of Titan and Hardpoint. During each Orders Phase the player selects one weapon from the list for that Hardpoint to use for that turn. Any hit location results of 'damaged' or 'destroyed' count on a weapon by weapon basis, and a weapon with either of these results may be changed to another next turn. The damaged or destroyed weapon may not be used again during that battle, but may be repaired before the next battle. If an active weapon suffers the 'blown off' result, the Hardpoint may not change on the next turn, but may change on the one following. If a selected weapon is a single shot weapon (Barrage Missile Launcher, Vortex Missile, etc) and that weapon is used, the Hardpoint may not change until the second turn after (same as the blown off result). This may be gained multiple times. Each time, the Titan may either A: add another legal weapon to it's list, or B: replace one weapon on the list for a weapon that is normally not allowed on that class of Titan or is from another Faction's Titan weapons. As random examples: a Warhound could exchange any weapon on it's list for a Plasma Destructor or a Barrage Missile Launcher; a Warlord could exchange for an Eldar Distortion Cannon or a Tyranid Bio-Cannon.)

Hi!

I'm glad your back and posting this sweet stuff! ;D

Looking forward to all the rest when it comes out. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am still working on this now and then. Unfortunately, it's not done yet. Sorry for the delays.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
I am still working on this now and then. Unfortunately, it's not done yet. Sorry for the delays.

Hi!

No problem, take your time.

I have a re-certification exam in August, so I won't be able to deal with them until after that. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've had a burst of inspiration about the Chaos Mutations/Rewards/Detriments recently (after a long bout of ignoring them) and am adding entries again. I know Primarch keeps saying that everything looks good, but I'd really like some feedback on these. I keep feeling that there must be some holes and/or problems with these that I'm just not seeing, and would like to have several people look at them, pick them apart, and see if they are reasonable.

Even if you are not planning on playing with these yourself, please look through them to see if you would mind playing against someone who was using them.

I've changed a few wordings in Tier 1, but no serious changes, so not posting that again just now. Primarily replacing "unit" with either "model" or "formation" as appropriate.

I have also added the following general note to the beginning of my list:
Many of the Mutations and Rewards below refer to Hit Location. Any time this reference comes up, it means one specific location box on the hit location template, not one damage chart. To be more specific, legal choices would include: The lowest right-leg Leg location from the Right side; or the Reactor from the Rear; or the left side Carapace Weapon mount from the Front (on a Warlord). Only the specific chosen box is affected, not other boxes for the same thing from different directions.

Tier 2

Mutations

1. Additional Head (This Titan gains another Head. Either choose or roll for location:

2. Carapace Point Defense Fields (Select three hit locations, one of which must be a Carapace location. These three locations each improve their armor save value by one point and gain a Fixed Save of 6+. The Fixed Saves are lost any time that the Titan's Void Shields are turned off, but are regained if the shields are restored. This may be gained any number of times. Each additional time the Titan gains one more location covered.)

3. Magi (Gains Combat Leader ability, a Psychic Blast (25cm, 1 attack, 3+, -2), and the Titan's Psychic Save improves by 1 point. Psychic Blast is not connected to the/a head.)

4. Morphic Hardpoint (Select one hardpoint for this to apply to. Once selected, this may not be changed. The weapon attached to this Hardpoint may change into other weapons. Select a number of additional weapons equal to the number of Honors this Titan has. When a new Honor is gained, a new weapon is selected and paid for. These additional weapon options do increase the cost of the Titan by the cost of the weapons selected. All selected weapons must be legal for that class of Titan and Hardpoint. During each Orders Phase the player selects one weapon from the list for that Hardpoint to use for that turn. Any hit location results of 'damaged' or 'destroyed' count on a weapon by weapon basis, and a weapon with either of these results may be changed to another next turn. The damaged or destroyed weapon may not be used again during that battle, but may be repaired before the next battle. If an active weapon suffers the 'blown off' result, the Hardpoint may not change on the next turn, but may change on the one following. If a selected weapon is a single shot weapon (Barrage Missile Launcher, Vortex Missile, etc) and that weapon is used, the Hardpoint may not change until the second turn after (same as the blown off result). This may be gained multiple times. Each time, the Titan may either A: add another legal weapon to it's list, or B: replace one weapon on the list for a weapon that is normally not allowed on that class of Titan or is from another Faction's Titan weapons. As random examples: a Warhound could exchange any weapon on it's list for a Plasma Destructor or a Barrage Missile Launcher; a Warlord could exchange for an Eldar Distortion Cannon or a Tyranid Bio-Cannon.)

5. Resistance (roll on chart; all incoming attacks of that type have their TSM reduced by one. This includes affecting Shields. This may be gained any number of times.)
_ _ 1. Barrages: any weapon type that uses a template
_ _ 2. Laser: any weapon with Laser in the name & a few others, such as Volcano Cannon.
_ _ 3. Melta: includes all Fire & Flame based weapons, except Plasma
_ _ 4. Physical Psychic effects
_ _ 5. Plasma.
_ _ 6. Shells: all weapons that fire solid projectiles

6. Regeneration (Once per battle, during an end phase, may instantly repair any one damaged or destroyed carapace, leg, or weapon location. This may be used on a "blown off" location, but not until the End Phase of the turn following the one when the damage happened. This may be gained any number of times, each time gaining an additional use per battle.)

Khorne Rewards

1. Blood Rage * (This Titan gains Hatred any time that it comes within 25cm of:
_ A: a formation that has lost one or more models;
_ B: a model with Wounds that has lost one or more wounds;
_ C: a model with a hit location template that has one or more locations that are damaged or destroyed.
_ This Hatred only applies to the specific formation(s) that meet the requirements above. While the Titan's orders do not change, it must behave as defined by Hatred. These bonuses (and the associated penalties) stack with other Hatred bonuses.)

2. Collar of Khorne (Gains a Psychic Save of 2+. Against Psychic effects that normally don't allow a save, it can make one at 6+.)

3. Fearsome Visage (Head gains a few features. These add to existing Head features. The Titan's CAF gains +3. It may re-roll one failed CC die per turn (cumulative with Crew Skills). Causes Fear within 25cm. This is checked for all valid targets at the beginning of this Titan's Combat Phase. This may be gained multiple times. Each subsequent time, the target's Morale save for the Fear is worsened by one point.)

4. Feral * (The Titan's primitive personality takes on a stronger role, and it physically changes to be more animal-like. Move is increased by 5cm. The Head gains a CC weapon if it does not already have one. This increases the Titan's CAF by +2, and an additional +2 for every other CC weapon it has. If this Titan activates when foes are within Charge range and the player does not want it to Charge, the player must roll 4+ on D6 otherwise the Titan MUST Charge into CC. The player may select exactly which foe(s) to Charge in any event. All ranged attacks made by this Titan are at -1 to hit.)

5. Hardened Armor (This Titan may improve the save value of any four different hit locations by one point each. This may be gained any number of times, each time affecting four different locations.)

6. Player Choice. May select any one Mutation or Khorne Reward of this tier.

Nurgle Rewards

1. Breath of Nurgle (This Titan gains a Physical Psychic attack usable once per turn. It spits forth a foul mix of vomit, leeches, maggots, rotted flesh, and other foulness. Use the large teardrop template and place it touching the Titan anywhere in the front 180 arc. Any model under the template is destroyed on a 4+ (ignoring modifiers for cover) with no saving throw. Even models with a fixed save may not save. If this affects a Titan or Praetorian, it loses one shield or takes one hit with a -1 TSM.)

2. Horrific Stench * (This Titan has a warp-enhanced stench that can overpower Nurgle's foes. This stench affects all models within 25cm of the certerpoint of the Titan. All non-Nurgle models (Nurgle models include: Daemons, Daemon Engines, Death Guard, Plague Marine, Chaos Spawn, Defiler, Shambler, Magi, any model with a Mark of Nurgle, and any Titan with a Nurgle Reward), including allies, suffer -1 to hit, -2 to CAF and make all Morale checks at a one point penalty, unless it passes a Psychic Save. All Nurgle models within this area automatically pass any Morale check they may be required to make. This stench even persists after the Titan is destroyed.)

3. Magi (Gains the abilities of a Nurgle Magi)

4. Massive * (This Titan gains significant amounts of mass to it's body. This is partly additional armor plating and partly daemonic flesh, in a perpetually rotting state. This Titan may improve the Save values of any four Carapace or Leg locations by one point each. CAF increases by +3. Move is reduced by 5cm.)

5. Plague Bearer, Lesser (Any model with a hit location template that engages this Titan (willingly or not) in Close Combat must make a save for it's Head/Bridge location in the End Phase of that turn. Failing the save means that this model takes a -2 penalty to all ranged to hit rolls for the remainder of this battle.)

6. Player Choice. May select any one Mutation or Nurgle Reward of this tier.

Slaanesh Rewards

1. Daemonette Head * (The Titan's Head is enhanced with the power of Slaanesh. This is an ethereal psychic power that may be activated during the Combat Phase and any effects last until that turn's End Phase. All non-Slaanesh models (Slaanesh models include: Slaanesh Daemons, Daemon Engines, Emperor's Children, Noise Marine, Beast Rider, Magi, Defiler, Hell Knight/Scourge/Strider, Questor, Subjugator, any model with a Mark of Slaanesh, and any Titan with a Slaanesh Reward) within 25cm (including allies) lose one close combat die (rolls 1d6 instead of 2d6) unless a Psychic Save is made. This ability is lost for that battle if that Head is destroyed.)

2. Lashing Tongue (The Titan's Head is augmented with an overly long and powerful tongue. When the Titan wins a close combat, it may choose to hit with the tongue instead, which acts in all ways as a Power Fist.)

3. Magi (Gains the abilities of a Slaanesh Magi)

4. Sensuous Legs * (The armor plating on this Titan's legs is replaced with a layer of silky-smooth Daemonic flesh. All Leg locations on this Titan worsen their Save by one point. The Titan gains Agile: May make any number of turns while moving. Increase the Titan's Move by 10cm.)

5. Soporific Cloud. Once per turn during the Combat Phase, this Titan may place a Barrage template anywhere it can see within 15cm. Any models touched by or within the cloud lose their actions for this turn unless they can make a Psychic Save. The template blocks LOS as if it was solid. This template remains until the End Phase, when it is removed.

6. Player Choice. May select any one Mutation or Slaanesh Reward of this tier.

Tzeentch Rewards

1. Invisibility (Once per battle this Titan may choose to become Invisible. This choice is made during the Orders Phase. No model may Snap Fire at this Titan when it moves while Invisible, and the Titan may not be targeted by any attack until this Titan attacks, with two exceptions.
_ A. Models with Sniper roll as if this Titan were an HQ model.
_ B. If this Titan was targeted with Markerlights before it became Invisible, then roll a D6 for each model marking the Titan: on a 5+ that model is able to maintain contact with the Titan. If even one model is able to maintain contact, the Titan remains marked and may be attacked at a -2 to hit.
If the Titan does not attack, this effect is removed in the End Phase. This Reward may be gained multiple times. Each time, the Titan gains one additional use per battle.)

2. Levitation (This Titan may make Pop-Up attacks as if it was a Skimmer. Note that this Reward does not make the Titan a Skimmer.)

3. Magi (Gains the abilities of a Tzeentch Magi)

4. Magical Weapon * (One of this Titan's weapons becomes powered by magic/psychic forces rather than conventional physics. Randomly determine one weapon system on the Titan, and change that weapon's stats as follows.
_ _ Ranged: Range is reduced by 25cm (minimum of 10cm), To Hit improves by one point, TSM improves by one point, gains Penetrating +1 (or improves an existing Penetrating by +1), and if the target makes a Psychic Save it ignores all effects from this weapon for that turn.
_ _ Close Combat: counts as a Psychic attack, TSM improves by one point, gains Penetrating +1 (or improves an existing Penetrating by +1), and if the target makes a Psychic Save it ignores all effects from this weapon for that turn.
This Reward may be gained multiple times. Each time, another weapon system on the Titan is affected. If the alternate Plasma rules are in play, this weapon requires no Plasma to utilize.)

5. Ray of Change (The Head location gains a Physcial Psychic Power. This is usable if the Head is damaged but is lost when that Head is destroyed. The Ray may target any Infantry, Cavalry, Walker, Vehicle, Light or Heavy Artillery (Knight, Super Heavy, Praetorian, and Titan models cannot be affected) within 50cm with 4 attacks at a TSM of -2. As with all weapons with multiple attacks, different targets may be selected, but for the Ray all models targeted in the same activation must be within 10cm of at least one other target. Any target that fails it's save is transformed into a Pink Horror. If the Pink Horror(s) survive to the next turn, they may be given orders and controlled normally by the player who controls this Titan. All Pink Horrors created in the same activation are considered to be in a Formation, and must reestablish coherency as soon as they are able to. Pink Horrors created in this manner give no VP when destroyed or broken.)

6. Player Choice. May select any one Mutation or Tzeentch Reward of this tier.

Detrimental

1. Crew Atrophy (At the beginning of the Movement Phase and the Combat Phase roll a D6. On a 2+ the Titan may act normally for that phase. On a 1, the crew are too distracted by Chaos to be bothered with piddling "reality" and the Titan may not act in that phase. It still counts as having been activated for that phase. This roll must also be made to utilize any Crew Skill.)

2. Follower (This Titan and Crew's natural tendency to follow the lead of its allies careens out of control. At the beginning of the Orders Phase each turn, roll a D6. On a 5+ this Titan may act normally. Any other result means that it must duplicate the actions of the nearest living (or Daemon) ally within 25cm. This means that it will move in the same pattern as the nearest ally and will attack the same Formation(s) it's ally attacked and in the same way (CC or ranged). If there are no living allies within 25cm of this Titan when not acting normally, it must move until it is within 25cm of an allied living formation and may make no other actions this turn (IE it may not shoot anything, but will still defend itself if attacked in CC). If this Titan ever gains the Command ability (whether by gaining the abilities of a Daemon Prince, becoming a Greater Daemon, or any other means), the chance to act normally improves to 3+ but these restrictions still apply otherwise.)

3. Mutated MIU (This Titan's Mind Interface has been damaged by various warp-induced changes so that it does not always function properly. At the beginning of the Orders Phase, roll D6. On a 2+ the Titan may act normally. On a 1, roll on the following chart to determine it's Orders for this turn:
_ _ 1: No Orders, may not act at all. Will still defend itself in CC.
_ _ 2: No Orders, will not move but may fire as if on Advance.
_ _ 3: Fall Back Orders.
_ _ 4: Advance Orders.
_ _ 5: Charge Orders.
_ _ 6: First Fire Orders.

4. Stiff Motion (This Titan's reaction time is reduced due to Chaos warpings of its workings. This has two effects. First, it may not make Snap Fire attacks. Second, if it decides to change direction during its move, its move is reduced by 5cm. It does not take this loss if all direction changes are made either before or after all movement.)

5. Upgrade Atrophy (Randomly determine one Upgrade for this to apply to at the beginning of each battle. During the Orders Phase for each turn, roll a D6. On a 3+ you gain the benefit of that Upgrade as normal for this turn.)

6. Warp Instability (Due to increasing connections to Warp energies, this Titan's connection to reality has grown unstable. At the beginning of every Orders Phase, roll a D6. On a 6 the Titan slips into the Warp for that turn, reappearing in the exact location it left at the end of that turn's End Phase. If the Titan's old location is now occupied by a Knight, Super Heavy, Praetorian, Titan, or other impenetrable effect (Vortex template, etc) this Titan instead reappears in the closest unoccupied location in which it can fit. If the location is occupied by any lighter model, those models are considered destroyed. No time has passed as far as the Titan is concerned.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tier 3 is not done yet, but I would like feedback on what there is so far.

Tier 3

Mutations

___Additional Hardpoint (This Titan gains another location on which a weapon can be mounted. This will generally be a Carapace based location, but players are encouraged to be creative and to customize their model to match. The weapon to be mounted in the hardpoint must be purchased and does increase the cost of the Titan. It may be any weapon that is legal for that class of Titan. As examples, a Warhound might gain a hardpoint on it's top (like a Reaver) or between it's legs (like a Questor), while a Reaver might lose a 'shoulder pad' and mount a weapon there. This Titan's hit location template will have to be adjusted to match it's new configuration. This may be gained multiple times, to a limit equal to the normal number of weapon hardpoints for that class of Titan.)

___Familiar (The Titan gains a single loyal follower. Select any one single model or stand with a maximum value of 50 points multiplied by the number of Honors this Titan has. For example, the earliest this Mutation can be gained is at Honor three, so at that point the Familiar has a maximum value of 150. Models may be selected from army lists other than Chaos Renegades, but such a model is considered to cost 50 points more than it does on it's native list. For example, one could select a Knight Paladin at Honor 3 and it would be considered to cost 150 for this mutation. If this Titan follows a specific Chaos Power, then it may select models from that Power's list at listed costs. At Honor six, the Titan may have a Greater Daemon as a Familiar, but may not select a Primarch. If the selected stand or model costs less than the allowed maximum, it gains one or more Mutations/Rewards. If the model is at least 50 points below maximum, it gains one randomly generated Tier 1 Mutation (or Reward). If the model is at least 100 points below, it gains one Tier 1 and one Tier 2, again randomly generated. Each time the Titan gains an Honor it may select to either replace it's current Familiar with one of a higher base value or add a Mutation/Reward of the next higher Tier. This Mutation may be gained multiple times, each time the Titan gains a new Familiar OR you may add 50 points to the maximum value of an existing Familiar. This Titan may not be fielded for a battle without it's Familiar(s), and the cost of the Titan's formation is increased by the maximum value of the Familiar. The Titan and Familiar must maintain a 10cm coherency, but each have their own Break Point (model) and VP.)

___Impervious (roll on chart; all incoming attacks of that type have their Penetrating reduced by one. A weapon that does not have a Penetrating value is considered to have a value of 0, which is reduced to -1 by this ability. If such a weapon does damage the Titan, it rolls on the damage chart at -1. This may be gained any number of times.)
_ _ 2. Laser: any weapon with Laser in the name & a few others, such as Volcano Cannon.
_ _ 5. Plasma.

___Weapon Mastery (Warp energy has changed all of the Titan's weapons for the better. It's CAF is improved by 3, and roll twice on the following chart for each ranged weapon.
_ _ 1. Range is increased by 25cm.
_ _ 2. Number of Attacks is increased by one.
_ _ 3. To Hit is improved by 1.
_ _ 4. TSM is improved by 1.
_ _ 5. Gains Penetrating +1.
_ _ 6. Gains other special ability, roll on following sub-table:
_ _ _ 1. AA
_ _ _ 2. Damages Buildings
_ _ _ 3. Destroys Buildings (replaces Damages Buildings)
_ _ _ 4. Ignores Cover
_ _ _ 5. Quickdraw
_ _ _ 6. Turret
This does not affect Psychic/Magic attacks or weapons. This may be gained any number of times. Results of 1 through 5 on the main chart stack with themselves. Except where noted otherwise, the other special abilities do not. Do not re-roll if you roll an "other special ability" that the weapon already has.)

Khorne Rewards

___Daemon Engine * (The Titan becomes a Daemon Engine of Khorne. It may not have First Fire orders. If the Titan's side is winning at the start of a turn (IE has more Victory Points than any other force) then the Titan gains the following until the end of this turn: +1d6 CAF, +1 to all hit location save values, & +1 to all weapon to-hit rolls.))

Nurgle Rewards

___Daemon Engine (The Titan becomes a Daemon Engine of Nurgle. It is never outnumbered in close combat.)

___Enormous Bulk * (The Titan gains an inordinate amount of Daemonic flesh that slows and protects it from harm. Divide Move in half. May only turn once, either before or after all movement. All Carapace and Leg hit locations gain a Fixed 6+ Save in addition to their normal value.)

___Plague Bearer (Any model with a hit location template that engages this Titan (willingly or not) in Close Combat must make a save (at -1) for it's Head/Bridge location in the End Phase of that turn. Failing the save means that the affected model must roll on the following table and apply the listed penalty for the remainder of this battle:
_ 1-3: Green Pox. If the model has a Wound rating higher than one, it loses 1 Wound. This lost Wound may not be Regenerated. If the model does not have multiple Wounds, then all weapons that roll on it's damage charts do so at +1.
_ _ 4: Bone Ague. The model takes -4 CAF and all hit location values worsen by one point.
_ _ 5: Creeping Buboes. Move -10cm (minimum 0cm) and may only turn once, either before or after all movement.
_ _ 6: The Shakes. Takes -4 to CAF and must roll a D6 whenever it tries to move or attack with a special Close Combat weapon (Power Fist, Chaos Whip, etc). On a 4+ the model may act normally, but on a lower result it may not take the action.)

Slaanesh Rewards

___Daemon Engine (The Titan becomes a Daemon Engine of Slaanesh. It gains Glamour of Slaanesh: foes take a -1 to hit the Titan & the Titan has a 4+ Psychic Save.)

Tzeentch Rewards

___Daemon Engine (The Titan becomes a Daemon Engine of Tzeentch. The Titan's force gains +1 Chaos Reward Card at the start of each battle.)

___Skimmer (This Titan becomes a Skimmer.)

Detrimental

1. Blind Rage (Every time this Titan is hit by an attack (whether or not it casues damage) and every time this Titan misses an attack roll, it must roll a 2+ on D6 or immediately gain Hatred that is directed toward the nearest formation, friend or foe. If more than one formation are tied for the closest, randomly determine between them. Note that the Titan may gain several Hatreds at the same time. Each gained Hatred lasts for the remainder of that turn and for the following turn.)

2. Fearfull (The Titan's natural self-preservation instincts become more powerful, sometimes overwhelmingly so. The Titan is uncomfortable in battle and suffers -1 to hit with all attacks and -2 to CAF.)

3. Hardpoint Atrophy (Randomly determine one hardpoint for this to apply to at the beginning of each battle. Include all weapons (CC and ranged), any tail, and Head IF that Head has any CC or ranged weaponry. Whenever that weapon is utilized, roll a D6. On a result of 3+ the weapon may be used as normal, otherwise is just does not function this turn. For ranged weapons, this roll is made after targets are selected but before rolls are made to determine hits. For CC weapons that just add to CAF, roll before each and every Close Combat. For other CC weapons, the roll is made after you win a CC and chose to use the weapon, but before the results of using that CC weapon are determined. If the CC weapon fails to activate, resolve the CC as if there was no CC weapon. If the alternate Plasma rules are in play, plasma must be spent to activate the weapon before the roll is made to see if the weapon works or not.)

4. Limited Actions (Being in combat overexcites the Titan's MIU, causing it to hesitate and lose actions. When this Titan is activted in a turn it may either move OR fire weapons. Thus it may only be given Charge or First Fire orders. If using the alternate Plasma rules the Titan may act as you wish, but may only spend half (round up) of the Plasma it has available that turn (what was rolled plus any carry over). Half of the remaining amount is lost to waste and inefficiency, and the remainder carries over to the next turn.)

5. Weaker (CAF is reduced by 6 and Move is reduced by 10cm. Minimum move 2.5cm.)

6. Weapon Incompetent (Warp energy has changed all of the Titan's weapons for the worse. It's CAF is reduced by 3, and roll on the following chart for each ranged weapon.
_ _ 1. Range is reduced by 50cm, minimum 10cm.
_ _ 2. Number of Attacks is reduced by two, minimum one.
_ _ 3. To Hit is worsened by 2, minimum of 6+ (a weapon that previously hit on 3+ now hits on 5+)
_ _ 4. TSM is reduced by 2, minimum of 0.
_ _ 5. Range is reduced by 25cm (minimum 20cm) and To Hit is worsened by 1 (minimum 6+).
_ _ 6. Number of Attacks is reduced by 1 (minimum 1) and TSM is reduced by 1 (minimum 0).
This does not affect Psychic/Magic attacks or weapons.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tier 4 is also not done yet, but feedback would be appreciated.

Tier 4

Mutations

___Invulnerability (roll on chart; all incoming attacks of that type have their TSM reduced by one and their Penetrating reduced by one. This includes affecting Shields. This may be gained any number of times, and stacks with all similar abilities.)
_ _ 5. Plasma.

Khorne Rewards

Nurgle Rewards

Slaanesh Rewards

Tzeentch Rewards

___Floater (This Titan becomes a Floater.)

Detrimental

1. Cowardice (The Titan becomes very unsettled in combat. The Titan gains the 'Fearfull' Detriment above (if it already has that detriment the penalties DO stack), and it gains a Morale value of 3. During the end phase of any turn in which the Titan suffers damage (loosing a Void Shield counts) or fights in Close Combat, it must make a Morale check. If it fails this check, it will be placed on Fall Back orders until it no longer has line of sight to any formation that has caused it harm. If it cannot move out of line of sight, it will attempt to leave the battle by moving toward the closest table edge. If it cannot leave due to being pinned in close combat, it gains +9 to CAF (instead of the penalty from Fall Back orders) due to a fear-fuelled rage, but it gains this bonus only against models that can pin it.)

2. Decrepit (Warp energies have weakened the superstructure of this Titan. All incoming attacks against the Titan itself (not the Shields) gain +1 TSM.)

3. Energy Sensitivity (Any time that this Titan is within 15cm of any model that has one or more of the following (other than itself), it takes a -2 to all Ranged attack rolls and -5 to CAF.
_ _ Plasma Reactor
_ _ Plasma Weaponry
_ _ Holo Fields, Power Fields, Void Shields, etc

4. Fragile (The Titan has been weakened by repeated and frequent exposure to Warp energy. All incoming attacks gain +1 to their Penetrating value.)

5. Hardpoint Loss (The Titan looses one Hardpoint permanently. Randomly determine between all weapons and any tail, but DO NOT include the Head unless the Titan has more than one. Any weapon attached to this hardpoint falls off or is otherwise lost. Any Crew Skill or Upgrade applied to that hardpoint is transferred to another of the player's choice.)

6. Moronic (Due to Warp influenced damage to the MIU and to the crew themselves, this Titan must roll a 4+ on D6 in order to be given orders normally. If there is an allied model with Command, HQ, or Inspirational within 25cm the player may add +2 to their roll. This roll is made every turn at the beginning of the Orders Phase. If this roll is failed, then roll on the following table:
_3 or less _ will Charge the nearest visible enemy and enter Close Combat if possible.
_ _4 to 5_ _ will move 1d6cm in a random direction (use Artillery die, reroll HIT) and fire at nearest enemy as if on Advance orders.
_ _ _6+_ _ _ will not move, but will fire on nearest enemy as if on First fire orders.
For every Close Combat weapon on the Titan, subtract 1 from the roll. For every Ranged weapon on the Titan, add 1 to the roll.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tier 5 is also not done yet. Feedback appreciated.

Tier 5

Mutations

___Create your Own (Make up your own Mutation and apply it to the Titan. This may be nearly anything short of Tier 6 abilities. You may combine lower Tier abilities into one ability if you want, but this is your opportunity to really customize your Titan. Please include a downside to what you create, as not having one will mean gaining one of the Tier 5 Detriments and you really don't want those. If you are a memeber of a regular gaming group, do get feedback from them on the ability that you create.)

Khorne Rewards

___Create your Own (Make up your own Khorne-themed Reward and apply it to the Titan. This may be nearly anything short of Tier 6 abilities. You may combine lower Tier abilities into one ability if you want, but this is your opportunity to really customize your Titan. Please include a downside to what you create, as not having one will mean gaining one of the Tier 5 Detriments and you really don't want those. If you are a memeber of a regular gaming group, do get feedback from them on the ability that you create.)

___Daemon Prince Engine (The Titan becomes a Daemon Prince Engine. See the Chaos pdf page 7 for details on Daemon Prince & Daemon Engine, with two exceptions. Due to their size, a Titan does not gain the HQ ability due to being a Daemon Prince & Pinning class remains as Titan. This ability replaces being a Daemon Engine if the Titan had that ability.)

Nurgle Rewards

___Create your Own (Make up your own Nurgle-themed Reward and apply it to the Titan. This may be nearly anything short of Tier 6 abilities. You may combine lower Tier abilities into one ability if you want, but this is your opportunity to really customize your Titan. Please include a downside to what you create, as not having one will mean gaining one of the Tier 5 Detriments and you really don't want those. If you are a memeber of a regular gaming group, do get feedback from them on the ability that you create.)

___Daemon Prince Engine (The Titan becomes a Daemon Prince Engine. See the Chaos pdf page 7 for details on Daemon Prince & Daemon Engine, with two exceptions. Due to their size, a Titan does not gain the HQ ability due to being a Daemon Prince & Pinning class remains as Titan. This ability replaces being a Daemon Engine if the Titan had that ability.)

Slaanesh Rewards

___Create your Own (Make up your own Slaanesh-themed Reward and apply it to the Titan. This may be nearly anything short of Tier 6 abilities. You may combine lower Tier abilities into one ability if you want, but this is your opportunity to really customize your Titan. Please include a downside to what you create, as not having one will mean gaining one of the Tier 5 Detriments and you really don't want those. If you are a memeber of a regular gaming group, do get feedback from them on the ability that you create.)

Tzeentch Rewards

___Create your Own (Make up your own Tzeentch-themed Reward and apply it to the Titan. This may be nearly anything short of Tier 6 abilities. You may combine lower Tier abilities into one ability if you want, but this is your opportunity to really customize your Titan. Please include a downside to what you create, as not having one will mean gaining one of the Tier 5 Detriments and you really don't want those. If you are a memeber of a regular gaming group, do get feedback from them on the ability that you create.)

___Flyer (This Titan becomes a Flyer. The feet change into claws, CAF improves by 4, and it may make Swoop attacks as per the Skylok Titan.)

Detrimental

1. Achilles Heel (The player must select one legal hit location anywhere on the Titan. This hit location now has no Armor Save value at all. If this location is hit, roll on it's damage chart as normal. Once that result is determined, this Titan becomes inactive for the remainder of that turn due to the pain and crushing humiliation of being hit in it's vulnerable spot. It will defend itself in CC, but will take no further actions.)

x. Doubled Pain (One of the downsides to adding living flesh to a Titan is that it experiences pain, a sensation it was never designed to deal with. This Titan has developed an intolerance to pain. Every time any location suffers a result of 'damaged', 'destroyed', or 'blown off', this Titan takes a cumulative penalty of -1 to all ranged attacks and -2 to CAF for the remainder of this battle. Thus if it has suffered damaged to two locations and had one blown off, it would have -3 to hit and -6 to CAF.)

x. Mindless (The Titan's MIU has suffered irreparable damage from Warp energies which has rendered both Titan and Crew unable to make any decisions for themselves. This Titan is treated as a Robot, and must be given a program to follow (see the Robot model for details). The only exception to this is if there is an allied Command model within 5cm of this Titan that takes no actions other than controlling the Titan. In that case, the Titan may be given orders normally. This Titan cannot gain the Command ability, and loses it if it should otherwise gain it.)

x. Terrible Vision (currently undefined)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tier 6 is probably done. As Tier 6 is the capstone, there are no Detrimental effects. I am considering adding more abilities to each category to simulate some form of Immortality as an alternative to becoming a Greater Daemon Engine, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. Opinions?

Tier 6

Mutations

___Chaos Lord (The Princeps of this Titan becomes a major Chaos Champion in his/her/it's own right. This gives the Titan several benefits.
_ _ A: The Titan is now considered a Command model (but not an HQ) and is Elite.
_ _ B: It gains +1 to all ranged attack rolls and +3 to CAF.
_ _ C: The Close Combat weapons it has are considered Psychic in nature.
_ _ D: Gains a Psychic Blast to 25cm; 1 shot/turn; To Hit 4+; TSM -2.
_ _ E: Chaos Cards. The Titan generates 1 Chaos Card. It may use Chaos Cards to save itself from destruction as a Greater Daemon or Daemon Prince can. It still may not use them to enhance itself.
_ _ F: Inspire Minions. Any model that is within 25 cm of this Titan, is in a Formation attached to this Titan, and has line of sight will automatically pass any Morale Test that it is required to make. However, if this Titan is destroyed all formations attached to it with 25 cm must immediately pass a Morale Test (even if they do not have line of sight) or be placed on Fall Back Orders.
_ _ G: Followers and Formation. The Titan gains suicidally loyal followers. So long as this Titan is functional on the battlefield, they do not need to make any morale checks regardless of range. Should the Titan be destroyed, they are automatically placed on Fall Back orders. Roll three times on Followers Table below. Any Titan Follower(s) begin with zero XP.
_ _ H: This Titan now becomes the Command detachment of a Company Formation composed of the Titan and it's three detachments of Followers. The cost of this Company is equal to the cost of this Titan plus the listed value for each Follower Formation on the chart. The cost of Titan weapons is as per the rulebook. Round the final value up to the next multiple of 25. Or don't, this is Chaos after all...
_ _ _ _ Follower Table
____3d6___Detachment_____Contents______________________Cost
_ _ 03: _ Hell Talon __ 1 Hell Talon __________________ 265
_ _ 04: _ Decimator ___ 1 Decimator Super Heavy tank __ 225
_ _ 05: _ Death Wheel _ 1 Death Wheel war engine ______ 195
_ _ 06: _ Leman Russ __ 3 Leman Russ tanks ____________ 195
_ _ 07: _ Cultists ____ 10 Cultist stands _____________ 150
_ _ 08: _ Marines _ _ _ 5 Chaos Marine stands _________ 150
_ _ 09: _ Dreadnought _ 4 Chaos Dreadnoughts __________ 115
_ _ 10: _ Chaos Squat _ 5 Chaos Squat stands __________ 115
_ _ 11: _ Warhound _ __ 1 Warhound hull _______________ 113
_ _ 12: _ Chaos Spawn _ 3 Chaos Spawn _________________ 115
_ _ 13: _ Raptor _ _ _ _5 Assault Marine stands _______ 150
_ _ 14: _ Veterans _ _ _5 Chaos Marine Veteran stands _ 195
_ _ 15: _ Hell Blade __ 3 Hell Blade Interceptors _____ 195
_ _ 16: _ Havok _ _ _ _ 5 Havok stands ________________ 225
_ _ 17: _ Reaver _ _ _ _1 Reaver Titan hull ___________ 270
_ _ 18: _ Warlord _ _ _ 1 Warlord Titan hull __________ 450

Khorne Rewards

Greater Daemon Engine (The Titan becomes a Greater Daemon Engine with all of the abilities that entails. Pinning class remains as Titan. See Chaos PDF page 7 for details on Greater Daemons and Daemon Engines. This ability replaces being a Daemon Prince if the Titan had that ability.)

Nurgle Rewards

Greater Daemon Engine (The Titan becomes a Greater Daemon Engine with all of the abilities that entails. Pinning class remains as Titan. See Chaos PDF page 7 for details on Greater Daemons and Daemon Engines. This ability replaces being a Daemon Prince if the Titan had that ability.)

Slaanesh Rewards

Tzeentch Rewards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

It will take me some time to digest these, but I will look at them with an eye towards balance and game impact, as well as any glaring holes.

I'll post my thoughts after some deeper reading.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A couple of reminders in case you have not read the rest of this thread recently.

The Detriments are an optional add-on to the Mutation & Reward system. While I'd encourage their use to add more balance to the system, some groups may choose to not use them.

These abilities were initially created before the Points Formula got underway, so all points values expressed above are using the NetEpic Gold values for models. As the Points Formula is still a work in progress, I'm not even going to try applying it to these just yet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
A couple of reminders in case you have not read the rest of this thread recently.

The Detriments are an optional add-on to the Mutation & Reward system. While I'd encourage their use to add more balance to the system, some groups may choose to not use them.

These abilities were initially created before the Points Formula got underway, so all points values expressed above are using the NetEpic Gold values for models. As the Points Formula is still a work in progress, I'm not even going to try applying it to these just yet.

Hi!

Understood. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow Magnus you have put in a lot of hard work.
Amazing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next