Login |  Register |  FAQ

Imperial Titan Customization

Post subject: Imperial Titan Customization
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I had a chance to get started on the Titan customization rules I mentioned in another thread. I readily admit to pulling the point values out of thin air and welcome comments and discussion for balancing. I will be adding additional rules as time permits and my re-reading of 1st edition rules continues.

Enjoy!

MM

<edit> fixed the egregious spelling error in the subject.
<2015-04-25-07:14EDT> - Expanded version lots of changes!

Attachments:
Titan Customization-v2.pdf [412.04 KiB]
Downloaded 314 times

Last edited by madmagician on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Imperial Titan Customization
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I reworked a good bit of the "Devices" section to align better with the Core Rules and fix some other errors

Quote:
DEVICES
Titans can be fitted with various additional non-weapon systems to enhance their combat performance. A selection of these devices is covered here but note that devices have the same hull restrictions as hard points. A titan can only be fitted with 2 devices.

Points Cost
These optional systems are not paid for with a set point value, unlike weapons and variant equipment. Instead, each optional system fitted increases the Titan's points cost by a percentage of the Titan’s cost.
So, for example, a Warlord Titan hull (500pts) fitted with 300pts of weapons, COBRA and Cameleoline (2 devices) would have a final points multiplier of (800 x 1.35 = 1080pts).

Cameleoline - +15%
Cameleoline is a reactive camouflage which mimics the background and helps mask a Titan from all forms of sighting device. It works on a broad spectrum, and hides the Titan from sight and all other sensing systems. Any attacks against a Titan fitted with Cameleoline are treated as though the range were 10cm greater than the measured distance - so, for example, a shot from 25cm is treated as a range of 35cm. A unit attempting to initiate close combat must add 10cm to the necessary distance when charging the titan.

COBRA - +20%
COBRA (Command Override Battle Reaction Automation) is a generic term covering a number of different devices which allow a Titan to react to a threat more quickly.

*Optional Rule – I go – U go play
COBRA allows a Titan to fire one segment earlier than normal in the combat phase. But it can never allow a Titan to fire before the First Fire segment. Equipped Titans can Snap Fire without the -1 modifier if given First Fire Orders, Fire in the First Fire Segment if given advance orders, and Fire with a -1 modifier if on charge orders.

*Optional Rule – Alternating Activation play
COBRA allows a Titan to either split its turn into 2 parts or change orders mid turn as long as it has not moved more than half of its base move value or fired its weapons.
Examples:
• A Warlord is activated and moves 7cm on Advance Orders. In any of the player’s future activations that turn, the Warlord may a) complete its movement and fire as normal b) change its orders to charge and move the rest of its movement on charge (16cm) c) Snap Fire, ending its play for the turn.
• A Reaver Titan is activated and given charge orders, but does not move. In any of the player’s future activations that turn, the Reaver may a) Snap Fire b) move and shoot as if on Advance Orders c) Charge as normal, ending its turn.
• A Warlord Titan is activated and given advance orders. It moves 10cm and fires, ending its turn.

Jump Packs - +10%
Battle Titans may be fitted with a jump Pack, allowing them to fly short distances. Jump Packs allow a Titan with Charge orders to move over (but not onto) a building or another Titan. The move distance is unaffected. The titan moves as if it is a skimmer, ignoring all terrain modifiers except standard buildings and fortifications. It must end the turn in terrain classified as “normal” for a Titan, per the Core Rule Terrain chart and may not be pinned in close combat except by other jump-equipped titans.

RELAY - +10% single +15% double
RELAY (RADAR Extension Link and AnalYtics) is a sophisticated targeting system that allows an equipped titan to take over the guidance of support missiles and barrages fired by other titans and home them in on a target within its own line of sight. The titan may also act as a forward observer for artillery units.
The titan with RELAY must be within 50cm of unit(s) that are firing and have a clear line of sight to them. If both of these conditions are met, then the range and chance to hit are worked out as if the Titan with RELAY is firing the shot, ignoring minimum artillery distances.
A single RELAY unit can control any number of titans or artillery barrages at once, but they must all be aimed at the same target – a single RELAY unit can't designate two targets at once. A Battle Titan can be fitted with up to two RELAY units, and can designate one target with each unit if desired. It is possible to set up ‘chains' of Titans with RELAY, with each Titan passing on control of the missile(s) to the next one in the chain. However each additional “hop” from the first titan suffers a -1 To-Hit penalty.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sounds fun, I'm definitely going to give this a read through when I get some time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Cool stuff!

I'm keeping these in ind come revision time, maybe people would like to see a comeback of some of these. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Interesting, will have to try these.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

New Version up, made a lot of changes and additions.

All comments and play testing are welcome!

I have a good bit more to do as far as other rules, but this covers all of the weapon-ish stuff I can find from my SM/AT 1 resources.

For the Record I have:
Adeptus Titanicus
Space Marine
Codex Titanicus
Copied article from WD in 1st ed era regarding the alternate titan weapons and heads (and Tails)

If you have anything from that Era that I don't, please let me know.