Login |  Register |  FAQ

Combined Barrages and TSM

Post subject: Combined Barrages and TSM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well I was initially looking for someone to answer this for Epic Space Marine, but I thought maybe someone here could help.

So I've been looking through the rulebook for clarification on this, including NetEpic rules, but I can't find anything that really talks about it.

When firing a combined barrage of multiple different units (Lets say, Basilisks and Bombards) which TSM do you resolve hits with? Is it just the highest of all the weapons firing?

Would this apply to other special effects a units barrage weapon might inflict?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Combined Barrages and TSM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I believe this isn't within the rules as firing is done per detachment not company and there are no mixed detachments.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Under the Rules as written for NetEpic (and second edition, as far as I can recall), you cannot combine fire of different models. As SquiggleAmp said above, combining fire is done by detachment and any specific detachment can have only one type of model in it. Well, at least for Artillery. You can have Infantry and Vehicle(s) in the same detachment IF, and only if, the Vehicle(s) are Transports for the Infantry. In other words, you cannot have both Basilisk(s) and Bombard(s) in the same detachment. They can be in the same Company, just not in the same detachment.

Epic40K might allow for such an abomination of mixing models in the same detachment, but that is a different ruleset.

If a person were to design a mixed detachment for 2nd or NetEpic, I would still rule that different models cannot combine fire at all, as they are just too different.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've replied to this rules question in the original topic, but Magnus, as always, has made the point more eloquently than me. Whether you're playing second edition (like me) or NetEpic, combined barrages can only be conducted by the same detachment (i.e. the models will be the same). The Artillery Company has different detachments, so you must resolve their barrages separately.