Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

NetEpic Errata

Post subject: NetEpic Errata
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(gary_clark1946 @ Mar. 01 2007,06:08)
Warmaster,

Did you get the draft for the Slaan book I sent. It has been a while and haven't even heard if you got it.

Gary

Hi!

Hmm.. perhaps not. Resend it to:

netepic@prtc.net

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(zap123 @ Mar. 04 2007,01:03)
Tyranids this time.  Looks like the Hive Mind cards bit is pretty out of kilter.  Says you get hive mind cards = total of hive mind rating of synapse criters /5.  I'm ok with this, but in contradiction to the example cited in the blurb, all the Synapse broods have a hive mind rating of 1 in the army cards section.

Also, if only synapse broods count, why do all the slave broods have a hive mind rating?

Hi!

Good catch lots of editing there.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(OzTenaka @ Mar. 09 2007,21:08)
Primarch , did you get my email ??

if not I would be happy to do errata etc.

I have begun proof reading the lists for obvious errors.

I will then go through this thread and do the corrections from this.

Then if I see some holes in the rules I will post for clarification and then re edit.

Sound ok?

email me at oclarke1@iinet.net.au

Hi!

I was waiting for it, but perhaps I missed it.

Resend to netepi@prtc.net

I will prepare the errata summaries I had and compile the ones listed in this thread.

Please feel free to post any holes, badly worded or ambiguous rules for discussion.

Also feel free to post any possible solutions or interpretations as well.

Many thanks!!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking forward to the discussion when we get to Chaos and Eldar :

One possibly not an errata, but it would be useful if the Standard Chaos List gets the Warlord titan as a special card option (already get Reaver and Warhound).  Currently there is no way to select a generic Warlord for either the standard army or any of the 4 major Chaos powers in an army less than 5000 points.  The only way to do it is via allies.  The cheapest way to do this is with a CSM Bike Company and a Warlord special card (yes, the CSM list gets them), but this is going to be >1000 points.  

So unless my opponent is happy to play 5000 points, I can never use any of my cool Chaos Warlords in my Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Khorne, Nurgle or standard Chaos armies.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That seems like a reasonable request. Chaos was allowed to take a generic Warlord in SM2.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I agree. Please flag this when we reach that list.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(primarch @ Mar. 10 2007,23:31)

Then if I see some holes in the rules I will post for clarification and then re edit.

Sound ok?

email me at

Hi!

Resend to
netepi@prtc.net

I will prepare the errata summaries I had and compile the ones listed in this thread.

Please feel free to post any holes, badly worded or ambiguous rules for discussion.

Many thanks!!

Primarch

i vote for:

add the jetbikes into the rules (great idea with the move of 35 and the cost value of 200 points)

some logical rules for te drop pods (snap fire as normal with -1 to hit roll and they open only by 4+ or something like that)

the cost value of robots the same like dreadnoughts  ( oh god i wrote it wrong :D )100 points they are in balance at all.

optional core rules without taking allies - you are alone in you fight  :cool:

penetrating modifies the fix save of tyranids titans but then you have no pls on the table

the cost value of wolfes land speeder the same then normal 200 points (because he wolfes bikes cost value is the same like the normal ones too) - either/or

and hopefully that is all i have found but i am still searching...

regards kai

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(primarch @ Mar. 10 2007,23:31)

Sound ok?

email me at

Hi!

Resend to
netepi@prtc.net

Many thanks!!

Primarch

i found something missing in the core rules:

page 27: there is no range indication due to the medic and mechanic abolity? i think it is 10 cm around, right?

another suggestion: the last time we played netepic we used the bail off ability for infantry and we gave them a fix save 4+ while they jump out of the vehicle. i think that is ok, because it depends more to the fast jump out then to the tsm of the weapon. and by the way you use more infantry and vehicles in your game otherwise you are very afraid let them stay in the vehcles. it is more fun and you can get the armies closer. i think it is a good a logical idea what do you think?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(primarch @ Mar. 16 2007,01:08)
Hi!

I agree. Please flag this when we reach that list.

Primarch

another question: i found no notice that a techmarine or medic must get out of his vehicle to use his ability. andby he way, how should a medice repair walkers when the enemy could shoot at him first?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(darkangel @ May 16 2007,08:04)
i found something missing in the core rules:

page 27: there is no range indication due to the medic and mechanic abolity? i think it is 10 cm around, right?

another suggestion: the last time we played netepic we used the bail off ability for infantry and we gave them a fix save 4+ while they jump out of the vehicle. i think that is ok, because it depends more to the fast jump out then to the tsm of the weapon. and by the way you use more infantry and vehicles in your game otherwise you are very afraid let them stay in the vehcles. it is more fun and you can get the armies closer. i think it is a good a logical idea what do you think?

Appendix B p39 mentions the 10cm for Medic and Mechanic.  Both want adding to the rule description.

Can't find a rule regards special abilities outside of transports.  I thought there was one, or maybe that's just our own rule.  We normally argue about this in every game, but it always ends with characters only using them outside vehicles.  Special Abilitys just seem to get abused less that way.

Bail out is to represent the chances of survival after a the transport is 'destroyed'.  Destroyed of course might really mean out of action (damaged engine/weapons/killed crew etc).  So it's a chance to escape whatever is left of the vehicle, which won't be as likely if a larger weapon hits it- so a modifiable save.

I assume most troops would not know a shot was going to hit them, and would feel it was more dangerous to jump out 'just in case', then to stay inside.

Of course if it works for you, use that rule.  I'd need to try it out a bit to see how it works.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Special powers can only be used dismounted. Its way too abusive to let medics and techmarines (not to mention psykers) use them while mounted in a vehicle.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Dwarf Supreme @ Mar. 15 2007,13:25)
That seems like a reasonable request. Chaos was allowed to take a generic Warlord in SM2.

yes, but in sm2 chaos could not take drop pods! i think chaos is strong enough by taking the most units of space marines.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello,
waht about the pulse laser of the eldar revenant?
In the eldar titan weapon summary it gets 75cm range.
In the revenant diagram it get 100cm

What about "twin pulse laser" still for the revenant?
Is twin for one in each arm, or one linked one in each arm?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Discussed at length in the Eldar thread.  Both the Titan summary and Revenant template have mistakes.  The Pulse Laser for the Revenant is exactly the same as that for the Scorpion SHT - 75cm range, hits on a 3+ at -2 TSM for D3 hits.  The Revenant has 2 of them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Core Rules :
  • VP needed for 1500 and 2500 pts should be helpfull, if possible.
  • Ideally, Army book should indicate what model they are thinking of when creating units. Let's mention the Tyranids as an example, it took me time to figure that Hive Queen is the older Hive Tyrant model, greater than the 40k Hive Tyrant (same for Carnifex/Razorfex).
  • The Praetorian Command ability seems useless, as they can always fire in the FF segment, and can't double their movement on charge, so they are always on Advance Order.
  • HQ and snap fire : HQ units in a separate detachment are vulnerable to Snap Fire, as when they move the detachment has already gone. A simple modification would be to forbid Snap Fire on HQ units, unless both start and end position (and probably the point where the unit is targeted) are valid for targeting HQ. So if it starts or ends its move with other models, it's still protected.
  • HQ units protect close units from barrage. Have an Ork horde, put some Nobz in the middle, and you can't put a barrage on the center of the incomming green Horde. As an extreme example, this of the following pattern : BNBNBNB. You can only target the Boyz at each end.
    Various solutions could be :
    -Keep current rules
    -HQ units are always missed by barrage unless they are valid target
    -Resolve ToHit without considering HQ status, but HQ units aren't hit until all other units under the template are killed
    -Replace targetted HQ units by standart units close to them (only for damage, without moving them). This is similar to a Warhammer fantasy battle rule, where a infantry stand get sacrified to save their champion.
  • HQ units are protected againt beeing target. Does it applies to the "attack" of an emerging Hellbore ?
  • I didn't find what happens to units in a building beeing destroyed (I assume they die with no save). Did I miss it, or has it been forgotten ?

Lite Rules :
  • It mention that a lost objective costs 5 VP, which is very confusing. If me and my opponant have 4 objectives each, we probably have 20 points each and not 0.

Also not that the Robots is various army books (Squat, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Militaris) have cost, VP, break and stats subject to suspect variations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next