Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

A call to arms for Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire!

Post subject: Re: A call to arms for Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So we took the suggestion of adding backer's names as Commander names in-game and ran with it. Details are on the EW:FE campaign page (see Update #4 under the Updates tab). :)

Thanks for that suggestion, guys, and please KEEP THEM COMING. We really appreciate ideas like that that will help us make the game what you want it to be.

At the end of the day, I think it's fair to say this game wants to be truly EPIC! :D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi everyone! So we had our hard-launch yesterday, and you may have seen a few reactions to our press release already. :)

I've added a list of the sites that have covered us so far to the EW:FE Indiegogo campaign page—some great write-ups there, and we're of course keen to see if we get picked up by sites like Rock, Paper, Shotgun, Kotaku and Penny Arcade (there's a lot of reticence to cover crowd funding campaigns currently, but we're working to overcome that—time will tell).

We also have added our new teaser video showcasing the large (24'x8'-equivalent) desert map, and a Gameplay Explained - Part 1 video. We hope you like them. :)

Cheers!
GR00V3R

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

On a more personal note, I wrote a blog post on Gamasutra recently about EW:FE and our crowd funding campaign.

Well, that post was featured by Gamasutra yesterday!

Gotta say, that's the highlight of my 18-year IT career, right there. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/exodus-wa ... 00387.html
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Exodus ... 43587.html
http://worthplaying.com/article/2012/6/18/news/86434/

positive reviews are popping up in the oddest places..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So far, the response has really been pretty phenomenal, especially considering the "vibe" in the games media around crowd funding right now. Getting a mention on Rock Paper Shotgun (even in the context of negativity about a Flexible Funding campaign) was HUGE for us—and they put up one of our vids!

I reckon we're helped a lot by the fact peeps really do want this game—that much seems clear. So, at the very least, I think it's clear now that there is a market for this game, which was one of the major purposes behind running this campaign. Whether or not that market will contribute to a crowd funding campaign is a totally different kettle of fish, of course, but we remain hopeful. :)

So we're currently approaching $5k with 25 days to go, but I reckon most of "the action", as such, will happen in the last week—that seems to be the pattern.

It seems to go like this: you either have a big burst of enthusiasm from the crowd (probably applies only if you already have an established fan-base) or you start slowly, like we have, then you see a lull in contributions as non-fans join and watch/wait, and then you either see a surge in the last week as the watchers get into the game...or you fizzle out.

We're doing everything we can to ensure we get a surge and not a fizzle. :)

And that's where we are now; while things are going very, very well, we of course still have a lot of work to do to show the community that we're worthy of their support, and that they should pre-buy the game from us via our campaign.

Sooo...

Buy our game, guys! Even at minimum spec, I can promise it'll be fun! And you can see from the roadmap how awesome it'll become over time as sales fund continuing development! :D

Post subject: A call to arms for Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This games looks like a perfect iPad game for me. I'd not sign up for the current crowd funding as i'd not want it as a pc game and the indygo page suggests the iOS version will only be developed if this campaign makes mega bucks, which is a shame. If you run another one of these campaigns in the future to raise money to port the game after you finish the pc version then I'd definitely contribute to that!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ha! Sorry, I just saw your post after already posting in the Update thread, but I think you'll be happy with the news. :D

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=23469&p=450230#p450230

(Thanks, netepic, for pointing this one out Matus' post!) ;D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi everyone!

So, we're down to the final 10 days of our campaign—the last mile!

This is where the action is. If you've decided to support us, but you've been holding fire until the last stretch, NOW is the time to show your support for Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire by buying a perk. I can recommend the $25 Beta perk, which entitles you to early access to the game (without any kind of pressure to actually help us with testing—you can pretty much just enjoy the game and play other Beta participants before the mainstream gamers get online). :D

If you've been umming and ahhing about backing us, but leaning toward buying a perk, I recommend the $10 perk that gets you the game at a low, low price. You probably spilled more than $10 worth of coffee last week. Please back us! :)

If you have friends who are undecided on whether to back us, or who are just as-yet unaware of our campaign, NOW is the time to apply MASSIVE AMOUNTS of peer-group pressure and guilt them into contributing to our campaign so that we all get to play EW:FE much, much sooner! Or you could buy the $100 perk that nets you FOUR copies of the game, including FOUR access passes to our Alpha testing programme (and let's not forget the credits in-game as QA testers!).

Just a reminder that, whether or not our campaign succeeds in netting the funding required to enable us to focus full-time on developing the core game, Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire is guaranteed to ship—eventually. How soon "eventually" is, though...that's in your hands. :)

We'll of course continue to lobby this great wargaming community right up until the end of our campaign, but be assured (or possibly annoyed) that we will continue to update you all on EW:FE's progress after the campaign, when it hits Alpha and Beta, when it gets previewed by journalists, when we start offering the game for Pre-Orders, after the game ships, and well after you're all completely sick of hearing about anything to do with Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire...so we're respectively both very glad we can do that for you but also somewhat apologetic (sorry, but we just can't help ourselves—the game is TOO AWESOME!).

Thanks for reading. To those who have backed us already, we offer our sincere and heartfelt gratitude, and we look forward to playing you in the game (be it the Alpha, Beta or the Final build depending on the level of perk you purchased).

To everyone else, we still love you—just not quite as much as those who have already backed us. But please GO NOW to our campaign page and buy a perk so that can be rectified. :D

http://www.indiegogo.com/EWFracturedEmpire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi everyone.

So our Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo is finished, and it achieved just $7,430 of our $35,000 target. While we're of course bummed that our crowd funding campaign did not achieve its goals, nonetheless (and to reiterate from one of my earlier posts), the gaming community has shown us through its commentaries and questions that it really does want this game, and so we are committed to making it—it's just going to take us somewhat longer than we'd hoped to get it to you.

The funds collected to date will be put 100% toward advancing the Fractured Empire build, and we'll take it as far as we can with those funds—if possible, we want to get it to a playable Alpha state so we can make it available to our Alpha testers and the media people who expressed interest.

We'd like to once again thank each of our contributors for supporting us. And, of course, please feel free let us know if you have more feedback or questions for us on our Facebook page (http://facebook.com/membraine) or Twitter (http://twitter.com/membraine_ftw).

We hope you'll keep an eye on us, because this is not the end of the road—this is just the beginning. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:29 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

It's a shame, but I guess that the sprint just turned into a marathon. I do hope that this sees release, as it sounds like a game that I really have been looking for, for a while. Please keep us up-to-date on progress.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MARATHON UPDATE
Latest news here:
http://www.desura.com/games/exodus-wars-fractured-empire/news/development-update-february-was-a-wild-ride
http://www.desura.com/games/exodus-wars-fractured-empire/news/new-teaser-trailer-and-gameplay-overview-vids-for-exodus-wars-fractured-empire

Also, some nice coverage on The Wargamer here:
http://www.wargamer.com/news/7537/alpha-build-35-for-exodus-wars-fractured-empire-available

Let me know if you have any comments or questions! :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3