Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

State of the Microworld 2017

Post subject: Re: State of the Microworld 2017
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just to add to what RexHavoc said...
I too love Kings of War. It might be my favorite wargame. However I don't find their main forum that great, even if you ignore the dominance of certain toxic members. However the twitter and facebook communities tend to be better, even if they are not always free from those particular members.

I would highly recommend the Counter Charge podcast as a place to do an interview, as they have happily promoted the 10mm kings of war scene & models in the past.

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I would never post on their main company forum, I feel like it would be a faux pas. I will have to look into that podcast. I also recently picked up the Dragon Rampant rules, which seem like they are fun and easy to play. Mostly supposed to be skirmish but it has me thinking of throwing some guys and 20mm rounds and making the scope a bit bigger.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Maybe you might find this interesting
https://rollaone.com/2017/06/26/dragons ... t-fantasy/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some general updates:

3mm scifi stuff being printed
Microwasteland wave 2 at the moldmakers
Casting up Renaissance Spanish
15mm Dark Alliance at other moldmaker
Resin masters of Elf Great Drake and 2-headed giants in hand. One of the parts was not mastered by accident though, so full fledged production slightly delayed.

So right now it is looking like:
October: Ren. Spanish (6 codes) ;' Microwasteland Wave 2 (6 codes)
November: 15mm Fantasy Dark Alliance (6-8 codes)
December: 6mm Fantasy 2-headed Giants and Dragon (2 codes) ; First 4 sets of 3mm scifi

Its a pretty busy release schedule, but things have been languishing for a while. That leaves the Elves and Ratkin for release in the 1st quarter of 2018. I should then be all caught up, with the exception of the dedicated goblin army.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Previews of 3mm scifi? Please?

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yay for the Micro Wasteland Wave 2!!! What 6 codes, BTW? Do they include the muties - infantry and mounted?

Rob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They do include the muties. Mutie infantry set 2, mutie cav set 2, big muties, mutie handler + hounds, and the 2 Denizens of the Wasteland packs, each coming with 3 unique vehicles and crew to go with them.

As soon as I get the prints I will definitely post pics. They are all going to be from the National Cheese Emporium Shapeways store.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So hyped for the microwasteland wave 2! Is there any chance of the microwasteland infantry getting a mixed set? Would love to get into it but have only put it off due to having to buy 40 of the same 5/6 poses whereas I would like 1 or 2 of each.

No worries if not, I'll still be purchasing if Vanguard minis stocks them

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Is there any timeline for the release of the 6mm Dreg main battle tank and dreg cavalry as featured in your thread 2016 in retrospect and looking ahead?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@tc63
I will definitely set up some sampler mixed sets of both infantry and vehicles once I have wave 2 in hand. I figured I would announce both at the same time.

@lyle
I'm afraid not at the moment. Maybe if the last quarter goes well I can start getting them sculpted this year, but I doubt it.

I was considering having them hand-sculpted since it is much cheaper and I would be able to release them quicker, but changed my mind since I think the vehicles could benefit from CAD.

They are definitely next up in the sculpting list though

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hmm I wonder if you will do (or have alredy done) Inquisition that nobody expects ;)

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I would like to get the wasteland second wave in store for sure.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Spider sense went off at mention of 15mm stuff :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Still waiting on the greater goblins to be made into precious metal ;D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is a good opportunity to do a bit of a year in review post. The only thing I will be able to release before the end of the year is going to be the 2-headed giant packs for 6mm fantasy.

3mm scifi is delayed because, after looking at the financials, the only way I can compete price-wise with O8 is to cast them myself. Anytime I am going to cast something myself, that involves extremely uncertain moldmaking times, as moldmakers prioritize the molds for the people they cast for first (and rightly so). So, sometimes you can get lucky and get your stuff super quick, sometimes you are going to wait for 4 months.

This segues nicely into the 15mm Dark Alliance. The moldmaker was hit by large amounts of moldmaking work, so I only just received the, masters a week ago, which I am still cleaning. This means that the 15mm DA probably won’t be released until March 2018. That is also predicated on my fortitude casting in the garage during the dead of NJ winter. I’m hoping a space heater will make it possible.

Same goes for the 3mm scifi. They will be going to a different moldmaker, but I have no idea on timelines, other than the fact that I will also likely be casting those in the cold weather. Not really what I was hoping for, but what can you do.

All other delays are kind of just a lack of cash. Sales were a lot lower this year, so there are just less resources to go around. Things did pick up a bit last month though. And as of right now, I have paid all sculpting and art costs that need to be paid for, which leaves me focused on saving money for moldmaking and such.

At this point, I have so much stuff sculpted and waiting for release, I could probably not commission a single new thing for 18 months and still not catch up. The 6mm rats and Elves are first in priority. I am hoping to have the full Elf army out by the end of 1Q18. The timeline for the rats depends on how well everything else sells (elves, 3mm, 15mm), and whether or not I cast them myself. I expect they won’t be ready for sale until June 2018, which is a lot longer than I would like, but is really the only realistic date I can quote.

Great goblins, lesser goblins, bugbears, 15mm DA wave 2…all sometime after June 2018, but I honestly can’t say how much I will be able to push out before next year’s end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next