Login |  Register |  FAQ

Microworld 2016 Retrospective and Looking Ahead

Post subject: Re: Microworld 2016 Retrospective and Looking Ahead
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking forward to the bronze age (baccus only have Egyptians and hittities and Peter has said he's not doing pre gunpowder this year).
Can't wait to see fantasy naval there is a massive gap in the market for this! Any chance of preview shots of the artwork?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thedespot29 wrote:
@boywundyrx I know, halflings would be a good addition. I promise they are on my list.

Great and thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

boywundyrx wrote:
thedespot29 wrote:
@boywundyrx I know, halflings would be a good addition. I promise they are on my list.

Great and thanks!

Will there be a scifi version of them? dont think i have seen a 6mm scifi version of that army before.

Now that a beastmen list is in production, a ratling one could be a possibility too :) Recreating some Ornsworld battles.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fantasy naval sounds an awesome idea, you could cast a very basic ship shape, then just have the moulding made for different bits to attach for the different fations such as bits to add to the front of the ship,sails and bows etc.

One thing i would love to see though and its more from a modellers point of view though and not a gamers, would be to have a minature sitting down, lets say for instance an orc, that way you could put as many of the folks in the ship as you like and custom build the individual models.

Loking into it atm with cutting up some vanguard minatures skinnerz from vehicles who are sitting down to build some medium size ships for a diorama. ;) Thats why i need goblins also.... ;D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some goblin concepts would be nice to see ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

For the Naval game - are you planning to match their scale to that other Male O'Battle sea game? If so, do you have a need for measurements of the main faction types?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I found some measurements online, I think the consensus was the scale was not consistent though? For the ships I am looking at them being on the smaller end, smaller than the Uncharted Seas offerings. I likes the UCS models, they were just a bit big for me.

It would be cool to go 1:600 with them though, then I might realistically be able to do some deck crew packs or something to dress them up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Deck crew packs sounds awesome ;) I forget what site i was looking at the other day, but the had really nice resin harbour walls and resin wooden jettys etc in 6mm. with a larger scale you could have shore battles and boarding parties etc.

But like i said i am more a painter/ model maker than a gamer so not sure what would float gamers boats etc ;D

But people enjoy customizing things from everything from fantasy to 40k , its nice to put your own mark on something, so it may be a great idea as i have never seen sea battle kits like it before.

Regards Epic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A deck crew of guys sitting and so on might be more reusable at 6mm, as it would feed into the fantasy range's dioramas and add individual styling to units.

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

goblins ::)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any updates on the ratkin or other fantasy races?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Goblins will come, I promise :) I can't really say when though, the guy sculpting the little ones is also my main moldmaker/caster, and he is pretty busy.

Elf digital sculpting is almost totally complete. I ordered prints of one of the drakeling riders and a light cavalry guy, when they come in I will post previews.

Renaissance cavalry is mastered, but I don't have funds to pay for production molds.

Some random Early Renaissance infantry is being cast now.

Rats are presumably being sculpted, but I know the sculptor has had some delays. he did send me pics of the conscipts / spears that I really like the look of. I think they will be nice to paint:

Overarching release schedule? At this point I have no idea. Definitely the Renaissance cavalry, since they are mastered. Possibly the early Renaissance guys, as I am casting them myself. Word to the wise, contract someone to do casting for you, attempting to move a very small amount of production "in house" has been challenging to say the least, and when you work full time, totally not worth it.

I expected the supertank preorders to go over better than they actually did, hence I have no funds for the cavalry molds. I expect I'll have to wait till the supertanks are officially out before I can start the cav molds.

I had hoped to have the 15mm demons on the market by now also, but have had issues getting certain specific poses to cast reliably (see previous point) without mold slippage, so they are sort of tied up as well.

I am waiting on Bugbear molds also, but have no idea when they will come, or how well I can get them to cast when they do come.

I would say my short-term priority looks something like the below (dates left out since release schedules are purely dictated by sales at this point)

1. Renaissance Cavalry (mastered)
2. MicroWasteland wave 2 (sculpted FOREVER ago)
3. Early Renaissance (casting, but god damn those 45-degree weapon poses are the bane of my existence)
4. Renaissance Spanish (sculpted forever ago)
5. Great and Lesser goblins (great goblins sculpted forever ago, never shown. Lesser goblin base model digitally sculpted forever ago, still in progress)

Rats have 13 codes (see what I did there?), which is a lot of molds. Elves have at least 11 codes, and ass-puckeringly expensive 3d printing to be done. I would love to release both armies this year, but I can't say it will definitively happen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Personally very excited for the Microwasteland Wave #2!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Cool!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The ratkin look awesome and i am sure folks will love them ;) Goblin wise they cant come soon enough :)

Casting wise its an art form especially in this scale, something i have tried in resin and failed at in 10mm :(
Scenery is the only thing i ever mastered and i think that down to the expensive resin i used and not my skills :D