Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

6mm Dieselpunk - Design and Development Journal

Post subject: Re: 6mm Dieselpunk - Design and Development Journal
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

All I am saying that buying stuff helps to speep things up :D

Preparing a Kickstarter to be succsessfull is pretty expansive nowadays. All the preproduction would cost nearly as much as making some models. And the hardest part is getting attention and then why not make some ads for the shop directly instead through an kickstarter? Making a crowdfunder is not as easy as it was.
Maybe in cooperation with some rulesystem it could work. Having a complete solution is easier than just some minis I think.

But I am just speculating :D

Next up will be some sketches for the giants but I have to redraw some of them as they are super hard to scan.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank U ! I'll check with Despot ! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Orc war beasts are also my favorite. In general, I was leaning more towards a fantasy feel, only because the more modern stylings are so well covered by vanguard, and I'm sure that trend will only continue.

Regarding a Kickstarter, I just have no desire to run one. I have a day job and a weekend job in addition to the business, I don't really have the time to be engaged enough. I also doubt it would fund, even for a single army with me funding half I would need to set the goal around 2500 a 3k. That is a big nut to crack for 6mm, for a niche like dieselpunk, with no attached game per se. Just my opinion though.

@L4
Those sculpts will be released as a separate scifi line, they were originally done as a test for a new 3-D sculptor. Since the insects have been done by hand, I want everything to match so will have the same sculptor physically sculpt new infantry for the dieselpunk line.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sounds Great ! Thanks Steve !! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I decided to start over with the giants

I wanted something different from just a big human. worked on some shapes and ended with these:

Naked

from left to roght : Youngling(2), teen(14), young adult(25) , adult(30-40)

Armoured

They are amoured with layered clothsheets against small arms fire and big metal slaps against artillery and tanks. The plates are angled in such a way that fire from downwars can not go between them. I will find some more ways to make them look bigger. And when i will clen tham up they will look less puffy :D

Next some weapons.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very cool designs, I like the shape of their heads. Although I would feel pretty bad about splattering the younglings with a cannon shell.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They look really originall. I like them

thedespot29 wrote:
Although I would feel pretty bad about splattering the younglings with a cannon shell.

;_; me too

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Heresy ;) Kill them all

Love those designs. Have you read the art book Expedition (or watched the companion TV miniseries) Might give you some inspiration for less traditional "man in a rubber suit" aliens, which is why I like.what you're up.to here

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks interesting. Like your vehicles and the ork beasts.

How is the tec level of the giants?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@thedespot29 - True, but do to growing pain they are absolutly mad for thier first 4-6 years. Very violent. Some develop aggressive habbits but most cool down and become very rational.

@McJakub - They wouldn't mind to bash everyone in. So it's more of a life and death situation. Also as everything in giant society - war is a family matter. That includes granny and the kids.

@Jimmyzimms - I actually think i saw the TV thingy or at least parts of it. I absolutly adore imagitive and evolutionary design. Stuff like the Birrin (Serioously google them) make my absurdly happy.

@rubberlizard - Thanks for liking them. :) The tech level depends on were they live. The eastern plain giants are very traditional. They live a nomadic live and trade thier body strengh for goods. They dont built machines or anything like that. But they are amazing craftsman for architekture and nearly all tradeposts own giant build walls. The giants tat live in the dwarven citystates are much more modern. They adapted to dwarfen society thats loves technology. Here you can find giant smith, architects. They develop thier own technnology were needed and have thier own educational system.
The giants pictured are a mercenary family from a dwarfen city state. Means they utilize firearms and modern tactics.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

DasBilligeAlien wrote:
@thedespot29 - True, but do to growing pain they are absolutly mad for thier first 4-6 years. Very violent. Some develop aggressive habbits but most cool down and become very rational.

@McJakub - They wouldn't mind to bash everyone in. So it's more of a life and death situation. Also as everything in giant society - war is a family matter. That includes granny and the kids.

@Jimmyzimms - I actually think i saw the TV thingy or at least parts of it. I absolutly adore imagitive and evolutionary design. Stuff like the Birrin (Serioously google them) make my absurdly happy.

@rubberlizard - Thanks for liking them. :) The tech level depends on were they live. The eastern plain giants are very traditional. They live a nomadic live and trade thier body strengh for goods. They dont built machines or anything like that. But they are amazing craftsman for architekture and nearly all tradeposts own giant build walls. The giants tat live in the dwarven citystates are much more modern. They adapted to dwarfen society thats loves technology. Here you can find giant smith, architects. They develop thier own technnology were needed and have thier own educational system.
The giants pictured are a mercenary family from a dwarfen city state. Means they utilize firearms and modern tactics.

Sounds realy interesting, like how different races could be used for different armies. Will there be giant steampowered dwarven-build armour for the giants?
Do they use any beasts of burden?

Is there any rocket technology in this world?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
Is there any rocket technology in this world?

+1 but only on the condition they be piloted by kamikaze elves >:D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Happy new year! I was occupied over and prior to the holidays. A steady stream of sketches should return soon :)

@rubberlizard - It's dieselpunk so no steam :D But maybe I will come up with some mechanized Giants. There is rocket technology. It's fairly primitive but already pretty widespread.

@stroezie - elves yes... I have some interesting thoughts about them.

Thanks for your time. More pictures soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sketches for weapons. Man all these giant weapons are ridiculuss expansive. :D So much metal.

Attachment:
9f42a444bdd34c589948dc2707a74a3c.png
9f42a444bdd34c589948dc2707a74a3c.png [ 132.67 KiB | Viewed 5094 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very cool, I especially like the jai alai sling!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next