Login |  Register |  FAQ

State of the Microworld 2015

Post subject: State of the Microworld 2015
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It’s that time again, time to give a rundown of what I am trying to accomplish and what can be expected over the course of the next year or so.

Collaboration with “Art of Schwager” and 6mm Post-Apocalyptic line:

Here is how the post-apocalyptic stuff came about. I posted up artist’s concepts of the 6mm ratmen, which were very well received. Having read the feedback on the forum, particularly the requests for scifi ratmen, the artist was kind enough to throw some concepts together for me. I enjoyed these so much, I ended up commissioning some more.
As part of the drawings, Christian (the artist) included some random other scifi stuff and some post-apocalyptic drawings as things he personally would love to be made. He suggested we pool our resources and release a small post-apocalyptic line as a test. Considering I was already looking into releasing some different genres, and I really enjoy his vision, it seemed like a good direction to go in. Hence, we are collaborating on this post-apocalyptic line, with potential to collaborate on further lines if all goes well.
You can check out some of his other work here:

http://theartofschwager.blogspot.com/
http://www.solitudo.com/

The initial releases for the line should include the cars and bikes already previewed elsewhere, as well as a few other light and heavy vehicles and a variety of infantry. Release date is currently unknown as only about half of everything is sculpted, but I am definitely hoping to release in the late summer.

Random 6mm scifi:

Around the holidays I should have several packs of scifi ratkin and Ogres up for sale. It will likely be 6 packs in all, a mix of rifleman, heavy weapons, special weapons, power armored rats, and close combat troops.

Supertank and accompanying vehicles:

Lots of anticipation on this one. The initial release will just be the supertank and a ton of attachments and what not. The lesser vehicles will need to come later as the supertank itself is absurdly expensive to release, though I will likely have renders of the accompanying vehicles when the supertank hits the store. Also, any ideas for a name besides supertank?

6mm Fantasy:

Well, lots of irons in the fire with 6mm Fantasy. It is only late April and already there have been 2 full army releases this year, so I am on a pretty good track. My primary goal now is really to release all of the traditional archetype races as fast as possible, since anything else usually results in a massive loss. The rundown of what is sculpted is as follows:
Ogres – fully sculpted except 2 command models
Mini Wood Elf release – tree folk, tree ogres, light cavalry, and unicorns sculpted, considering a Lord on great Eagle centerpiece but I am unsure if the expense is worth it.
In addition to all that I have commissioned some new beastkin packs, a new demon pack, as well as the first half of a huge range of Renaissance / Italian wars stuff, with some fantasy elements thrown in.
Ratmen obviously have all of their art done, just need to save for the sculpting. Elven kingdoms have the art done for their first 4 units.
One additional thing behind the scenes is a 6mm Industrial fantasy line which is currently having some concept art thrown around, but is not ready yet for previews.

Overall release Schedule for the remainder of 2015:

Post Apocalyptic line
Fantasy Ogres
Super-Tank + possibly friends
Wood Elf mini-release
Scifi Ratmen + Ogres

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: State of the Microworld 2015
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very much look forward to the post-apoc stuff !! :spin

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sci Fi rats and ogres sound great. especially interested to see the power armoured rats.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Goods things are coming!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Those Ratmen and the post apoc stuff are going to end up in the same army for me(Lost and the Damned rats), and it is looking really great so far.

I'm really looking forward to the end of this year now. Good luck with all of it.

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very busy list, I am still up in the air for the Wildland Alliance, Rhinos were a bit runty for my needs but the Elephants might still work. The fantasy ratmen sound good, as do the sci-fi version, honestly the melee weapons if any could probably serve double duty if the rabble slot for both lines. Hope all goes smoothly.

“As you know I am not of Barsoom; your ways are not my ways, and I can only act in the future as I have in the past, in accordance with the dictates of my conscience and guided by the standards of mine own people.”

https://doomsdaydigest.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks again for this nice update and all you are doing for the 6mm community. *thumbup

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The release schedule sounds very exciting. I was wondering what new packs you had commissioned for the beastkin range. I also wondered if you had a lot of sales in the uk
As I couldn't recathe magazin "Miniature Wargames" reviewing any of your fantasy figures. It has a fantasy specific review column.
Thank you again for producing these ranges

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Beastkin have some larger ram-headed guys with 2-handed cleavers coming up, as well as some harpies.

I have a good amount of sales in the UK, though far less than I used to...probably due to prohibitive import fees. Though fantasy sales are down in general this year, so who knows.

I have never had my figures reviewed in that magazine, though I have sent miniatures out to be reviewed in the past. In fact, I just packed some samples for "Small Scale Quarterly".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

All of the new figures sound wonderful. I have just ordered lots of demons and already have beastmen so the additions you have discussed will be a must buy too. Also intrigued by the additions to the wood elf army. So many temptations like being a kid in a sweetshop.thank you for all of the wonderful figures!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow, just caught this, love it all and would probably pick everything up - including an Elven Lord on a giant eagle, maybe even 2-3 (couple of Lord variations, then maybe an evil version).

Still need to pick up the demons, but hope to get that done this month.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any chance of any sneek peaks for the woodelf art or ogre figures?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Actually, you can see all of the Ogre figures right here:
viewtopic.php?f=137&t=27673&start=45

The wood elf guys are at the moldmakers, so it shouldn't be too long now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I can't believe what I've been missing... I just found Microworld! You've got some great stuff. I just pinged you over at your website, but I'm hoping the Fantasy Ogres might be coming out soon. I'm gonna pick up your whole Undead and Demon line, and would love to add Everything Ogres to the order!

Great stuff, I'm amazed at what's out there, you've got quite an impressive catalog!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Industrial Fantasy sounds awesome

Verum Irae II