Login |  Register |  FAQ

What will 2015 bring?

Post subject: Re: What will 2015 bring?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thedespot29 wrote:
I may do pre-order drives to speed up production next year, depending upon need. But here is a question for you, let's say I get something like the Wildlands army mastered. I paint up the master casts, put them up on the store and offer the pre-order. What happens when I get pre-order sales equivalent to say 10% of the moldmaking costs? Now I am in the interesting position of knowing that no one wants these miniatures, where it is actually more feasible financially to simply not produce them, even though I have already paid for the sculpting! In a nutshell, that is why I do not like to do preorders, and why IO shy away from crowdfunders. I like to be disappointed only after I can't cut my losses :P

Tough situation, I think a crowdfunders might be good for a line where you want a lot of troop variation or think it will do well in the 6mm and 10mm scales. As much as I want the Wildland Alliance for a possible elite/ogre-ish army I will probably not order all the codes and double up on the ones that fit my needs, where a vanilla elf army might have nothing for me but have a broad enough appeal for crowd funding consideration and could be bumped up the line. Good luck in 2015 and thanks for making cool stuff.

“As you know I am not of Barsoom; your ways are not my ways, and I can only act in the future as I have in the past, in accordance with the dictates of my conscience and guided by the standards of mine own people.”

https://doomsdaydigest.wordpress.com

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Alternatively an army such as the rat men, which has one (poor IMO) other supporting company and should have some wider demand... well that might work as a crowdfunder.

Otherwise, I agree it would have to be fairly generic.

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have an idea based on what another company is doing.
What if you were to continue to release but work out what is necessary to sell to push the order up. Then if you get to x amount of sales release it early, after contacting to recon firm. Then as you have stated will not be released early if quota is not met. That way can possibly enjoy earlier releases.
This is good for people like me who like the figures but aren't 'regular' purchasers as well as those with more finances who can push forward more armies.

Mind you I don't know enough about the business side of it to really know if possible, just a suggestion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have seen pictures of the ogres, but are there any of the demons?