Login |  Register |  FAQ

Other 6mm genres?

Post subject: Re: Other 6mm genres?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm always interested in unique, different terrain types ... especially other than Gothic ... :whistle

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I love the idea of 6mm blood bowl :) And most teams only have 5 positions as well. How big would the board be I wonder 26 squares long? So that is what 4mm for a base plug? MDF board of two layers, one with the holes drilled in, the other as a backing piece? The old idea was a generic model with the ball that swaps with the player piece form the sideline to show who is holding it.

Could do it as a kickstarter/indiegogo to see if there is any interest!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It is? Linky?

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not as yet. SJ games talks about it a lot though...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I just spotted this topic and thought I'd post to say HUZZAH!

I'd love to see some alternative fantasy 6mm stuff, be it Steampunked Dwarves with wargolems and steamtanks to elves fielding magical tech or orcs astride massive warbeasts!

I have been a big fan of the classic Leviathan wargame for years which is set in a post apocalyptic fantasy world where the Elves unleashed wild magic upon the world as well as the princes of the fallen leading to the planet being drastically changed.

Theres tons of scope for a good set of 6mm scale goodies for post apocalyptic fantasy and if you are interested, I have lots of sketches for such a setting as well as loads of background and so on!

All the best!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thedespot29 wrote:
Like maybe around or just before WWI era tech.

Yes please!

I've been trying to find fantasy/steampunk minis without much luck, Not too fond of Dystopian Wars (though irregular does have a few that could work as steampunk)

Ive had to resort to using WW1 Germans and British from H&R with walkers from Dark Realm to give the armies that alternate history feel.

If your looking for some more inspiration I'd like to suggest Leviathan, a book set in an alternate universe where WW1 is fought between the Germans and their allies who use machines, (walkers, juggernaughts, zeppelins) and the UK and her allies who use genetically modified monstrosities, (giant floating whales, metal spitting bats armoured bears) to fight their war.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I had two ideas for alternative ranges. One would be alternative american civil war along the lines of the film wild wild west and the other would be narnia battle packs. The first idea would have the benefit of being able to recompense expenditure quickly as you could produce standard civil war types in addition to more steampunk type machines. In terms of the narnia idea you could use a lot of existing troop types but with a few character additions eg lion and ice queen on sled. Also a range of medieval humans would compliment this and be lilely to sell to historical wargamers too .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

godismycopilot wrote:
I had two ideas for alternative ranges. One would be alternative american civil war along the lines of the film wild wild west and the other would be narnia battle packs. The first idea would have the benefit of being able to recompense expenditure quickly as you could produce standard civil war types in addition to more steampunk type machines. In terms of the narnia idea you could use a lot of existing troop types but with a few character additions eg lion and ice queen on sled. Also a range of medieval humans would compliment this and be lilely to sell to historical wargamers too .

Yeah would be a cool idea. IIRC there was at least one big battle.