Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Test Lizarman Done...becomes an impromtu blog

Post subject: Re: Test Lizarman Done...becomes an impromtu blog
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's good news. I think most people will be pretty happy with it, unless they meet you at the top table in a final round of a tourney and somehow they need your base to be smaller...?

If you can move the minis around so that they are facing different directions. Keep the camera in the same place, but rotate the bases around their center. That's what I usually do.

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The army is coming along really nicely, I thought the throne looked great.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ceratopsid test is done. I think I will need to retouch the horn near the plates and work on the nmm as I go, the armor isn't bad but I can definitely try a few things before I settle on the way to do it. I almost want to give up on the blade and do some sort of crazy gem blade. The eye can go brighter and the staff can use a couple touches of another color. I should have the scheme worked out and hopefully the first base done up soon after that.

I have the throne primed up and am working on the base for it, went with the full throne and I think I am going to go with something close to a bearded dragon for the skin of the mages. Should be fun.

“As you know I am not of Barsoom; your ways are not my ways, and I can only act in the future as I have in the past, in accordance with the dictates of my conscience and guided by the standards of mine own people.”

https://doomsdaydigest.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

That looks great!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow amazing painting and basing work so far. ;D My only comment is that the bases are quite dark and IMHO I find that lighter bases work better with smaller (6mm) figures, but i see you are going for a wet mud look.

Cheers
Kieran

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Again, you are maintaining a high standard!
Love your colour choices.

Only real feedback i'd like to give is kinda in line with 6mmwargaming's comment.
Your bases are great, but maybe you could up the brightness of the miniatures to prevent the finished unit to appear a bit on the dark side.
However, a bright gaming room will solve that, haha

Also a +1 for the command diorama as is!
Think the throne looks fab. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the comments guys. I agree that the bases are dark and I am looking for some basing materials that could help brighten them up. I have a couple ideas in mind for some variants on the mud bases that might help, I plan to do brighter tones for my foot soldiers, to show a younger specimen.

“As you know I am not of Barsoom; your ways are not my ways, and I can only act in the future as I have in the past, in accordance with the dictates of my conscience and guided by the standards of mine own people.”

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The throne idea is quite cool. I'm just waiting for a mummy command to do something like it, myself.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great stuff!
Love the priest on the throne ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Should be able to paint some tonight since the emergency home plumbing project is taken care of now. Hopefully I should get some pictures as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Got some work done on the throne, unfortunately I tinted the water too dark and covered up the runes in the muddy water.

I need to go back in and touch up the red and orange after the watered down sepia wash but so far so good.

Not really sure what I want to do on the Ceratosid weapons since the current look isn't rally working for me. I was thinking jade but that doesn't really work with the scheme and obsidian would be hard to replicate due to the chipping that would have to be faked. Bone might be another option but they might all end up iron or stone for simplicity. Back to the desk for a couple hours.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Super cool!
Really looks like one piece and love the mix of colours! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Bases came in so I have started to finish up my cavalry, the first half of the Guard are nearing completion and I am still trying to work out my Mages for the Throne. I primed up a batch of Spearmen and started in on my first big dinosaur.

The nmm gold is starting to block in, it has a long way to go but it should be fun. The throat will get many a stripe of different browns giving it the look of texture(hopefully noticeable at this scale). Haven't really thought about the rest of the model yet, howdah and the shields can be a way to break up all the yellow. Other than that I am getting ready for Origins Game Fair next week.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice to see a different color scheme on these...I have never been able to grasp NMM painting myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thedespot29 wrote:
Nice to see a different color scheme on these...I have never been able to grasp NMM painting myself.

I definitely can use a refresher course from time to time and sometime I just end up with more of an enamel armor look. Light and shadow placement can get tricky and I am rubbish at sky/earth, but I find working with metallic paint to be difficult. Possibly due to how I usually paint but it gives me various things to work on. Well, back to the desk for a few hours.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next