Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Test Lizarman Done...becomes an impromtu blog

Post subject: Re: Test Lizarman Done...becomes an impromtu blog
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Drilled holes for the magnets into the bases and finished my first batch of cavalry. I went back and added some more contrast to the base. I thing in stream came out better on some more than others but I am happy with it, at least enough to move on.

The Guard are all painted up and I plan to start in on the basing after the glue sets up on the other bases, they will probably just get simple bases since my drying river bed test failed.

Next up on the batch side of things are these guys. I am going to try and finish painting them before Origins starts but I am not very skilled in the assembly line style so it should be a learning experience. I still want to do some patterns on the shields just for interest, since I want to do 15 to a base I will limit myself to a few designs. Not sure if I will be able to fit 15 on the base and still be able to flock, should be fun.

Larger pictures can be found here: http://s553.photobucket.com/user/doom_of_the_people/library/?sort=3&page=1

Later days,

Tom

“As you know I am not of Barsoom; your ways are not my ways, and I can only act in the future as I have in the past, in accordance with the dictates of my conscience and guided by the standards of mine own people.”

https://doomsdaydigest.wordpress.com

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The cavalry looks fantastic and the big dino catches the 'aztec lizard' theme perfectly!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So a couple brake jobs, rebuilding a small engine motor, another plumbing fix and summer cold later. The photos came out darker than the original, could be a number of things that I will take a look at after I get back on track. The lighting in the basement has changed in a number of ways since the last shoot, the camera has been used for a number of thing lately so I could be missing a setting here or there and I can't find the diffuse film.

I finished up my Spearmen:

My Command base:

I tried a couple things that are new in this scale for me, I really struggled with doing the mages as albinos. I also went with a small glow effect for the orbs, mostly going back onto the gold claw and then out onto the ridges of their faces, it shows up better in real life but I think I will have to get used to over exaggerating things at this scale in order for it to really pop. I have the warriors with hand weapons cleaned up and ready to prime and hopefully I will be able to dive into some big dinosaurs soon.

“As you know I am not of Barsoom; your ways are not my ways, and I can only act in the future as I have in the past, in accordance with the dictates of my conscience and guided by the standards of mine own people.”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Awesome!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So I got a batch of LM over the holidays.

I have been working slowly on the Brachiosaurus and am getting ready to make a push to finish of the first batch and get the second batch prepped and ready for the table.

Time to get to work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So I have had some time here and there to chip away at the dinos, here is where I am:

Tail is done, need to address the howdah and work the gold a little more. Details and highlights but I thinks it is nearing the point where I can stop.

The Triceratops have the brown basecoat for the gold but they should go quicker than the Brachiosaurus. The riders are pretty much done except for a final shade and highlight.

Howdahs are done, went for a stone look for the Ankylosaurus with a blue accent to tie them in with the rest of the dinos. I need to do the skin and plating and they will be done.

Big chunk of infantry, varied the green for the skin tones and have several different colors of shields. I need to finish some of the shields, quiver on the archers and dot a lot for eyes. I need to work out the basing for everything but the painting side is back to making progress at least. After they get on the bases a final highlight will be in order.

Last batch on their sticks ready for a priming window. Bigger pictures can be fount at: http://s553.photobucket.com/user/doom_of_the_people/library/?sort=3&page=1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

They look great!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So worked on some things over the weekend, I need to base them up and do some final touches but they should be ready for the table soon.

The Triceratops and Anklyosaurus(Anklyosauri, Anklyosauruses, anyway)are ready to be based, the black eyes didn't come out very well but not sure what other color would work. They will get another coat of black and a touch of gloss varnish after everything get a matte coat, unless I can come up with something else. Trikes will get a little more attention on the skin to make the contrast pop a little more.

A decent chunk of warriors ready for their bases to be painted and for the last parts of the shields to be painted. Then it is time for the eyes.

Not pictured are the archers, who are ready to go on bases and have a highlight. I just need to figure out if I am going to do anything special or not.

Later days.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

These are too awesome for words.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Worked on basing the brachiosaurus, sorry for the shaky picture.

The water effect was applied a little on the thick side and I still have to finish flocking the base but I will have to wait until tomorrow for that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Such cool minis!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very nice lizzys !!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not much progress, a few things on bases and and bunch of foot ready to start the basing process.

Archers glued down, have to get rid on some of the larger rocks and start in on the paint side.

Ankylosaurus starting in on the basing.

Added some details and stated in on the vegetation for the brachiosaurus, need to add in some more and touch up the plants but it is coming along.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Wow, those look great!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great stuff. Always nice to see such a great waterfall effect on a model.

I also really like the howdah stegadon guys

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next