Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

State of the Microworld December 2013

Post subject: Re: State of the Microworld December 2013
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thedespot29 wrote:
I am leaving on a work trip Wednesday morning, and I feel bad about delaying the faun release. To make up for it, a WIP sculpt of the dwarf walking fortress:

:spin :spin :spin

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Between the supplemental wave for the lizardmen, the Wildland Alliance and the Were-rats I am going to have quite a chunk of miniatures to work through. I would love more large dinos for the fantasy line but I am in no hurry there.

For the ratapult another variation could be basically a pool on wheels, have it pushed by the capas or pulled by the molerats, give it a little platform and a hose team and you have a rolling napalm delivery system.

“As you know I am not of Barsoom; your ways are not my ways, and I can only act in the future as I have in the past, in accordance with the dictates of my conscience and guided by the standards of mine own people.”

https://doomsdaydigest.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

That dwarven walking fortress is awesome, like a mega golem on steroids!!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

doom_of_the_people wrote:
Between the supplemental wave for the lizardmen, the Wildland Alliance and the Were-rats I am going to have quite a chunk of miniatures to work through. I would love more large dinos for the fantasy line but I am in no hurry there.

For the ratapult another variation could be basically a pool on wheels, have it pushed by the capas or pulled by the molerats, give it a little platform and a hose team and you have a rolling napalm delivery system.

a sewer spewer!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

firebug wrote:
doom_of_the_people wrote:

a sewer spewer!

That made my day, well played sir.

“As you know I am not of Barsoom; your ways are not my ways, and I can only act in the future as I have in the past, in accordance with the dictates of my conscience and guided by the standards of mine own people.”

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just a little teaser, still painting the Mammothtaur, but the wave 2 beastmen releases should be up in the store soon:

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow what wonderfully detailed and dynamic figures and very well painted too. Can't wait to see them in the shop

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Love it all, i had no idea these boars where going to be in the line as well. Is their anyway we could get a side by side with some of our beastmen and minotaurs also?

Thanks,
Blind-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

What kind of a person would I be if I didn't make Dire Boars?

Will do on the side-by-sides, when I finish the mammothtaur I'll post them up. I would say that the fauns are a hair taller than the beastmen, as their bases are a bit thicker.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello Steve. Hope all is well. Can you give us the status on the Goblin Army and the Orc Wyvern and chariot pieces? Per your opening comments, these are due for release. Also, if you could comment on the Undead 1.5 release as well, that would be great.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Happily, the Undead were just released:
viewtopic.php?f=137&t=27585

Wyvern and Boar chariot are ready to go, but I want to wait to release them until the little robed goblin is ready for release as well.

Goblins/Hobgoblions (shout out to Blind for the suggestion on calling them hobgoblins since they were a bit taller for people's tastes) were waiting for some smaller spider riders to come in the mail, which I received on Thursday. Moldmaking times for all this stuff are going to delay me a bit though, but I am thinking

July - Wyvern, robed goblin archers, boar chariot.
August - Hobgoblin / Goblin army
October- Dwarf veterans, Dwarf xbows, Walking fortress
November - Demons!

Which leaves a bunch of wood elf packs for early next year, along with some more undead stuff (mummies, hopefully light cav, bone catapult, etc.). That being said, all the timing post August is contingent on me actually selling enough to pay for the demon moldmaking and such.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thedespot29 wrote:
Happily, the Undead were just released:
viewtopic.php?f=137&t=27585

Wyvern and Boar chariot are ready to go, but I want to wait to release them until the little robed goblin is ready for release as well.

Goblins/Hobgoblions (shout out to Blind for the suggestion on calling them hobgoblins since they were a bit taller for people's tastes) were waiting for some smaller spider riders to come in the mail, which I received on Thursday. Moldmaking times for all this stuff are going to delay me a bit though, but I am thinking

July - Wyvern, robed goblin archers, boar chariot.
August - Hobgoblin / Goblin army
October- Dwarf veterans, Dwarf xbows, Walking fortress
November - Demons!

Which leaves a bunch of wood elf packs for early next year, along with some more undead stuff (mummies, hopefully light cav, bone catapult, etc.). That being said, all the timing post August is contingent on me actually selling enough to pay for the demon moldmaking and such.

That is a pretty full release schedule that I hope to be able to support after I finish my first batch of miniatures. I just have to find out if I need a break from lizards after I finish or to bolster the ranks. It is nice to have problems of this nature, keep up the great work.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I can't believe I missed that the Undead Wave was out. :o I completely missed your post. I guess it was a busy week.

I re-read sections of this thread and really studied the Ratmen Army that you're planning. It looks like it will be great. Can't wait for it.

Thanks for the update on the other stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Orc release will be out soon, just waiting on the robed goblin archers mold. In the meantime....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice stuff !!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next