Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

State of the Microworld December 2013

Post subject: Re: State of the Microworld December 2013
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That all looks great, I think I'll pick up almost everything on the fantasy side (not sure if a couple of items will fit into my setting), and the sci-fi looks good too.

Funnily enough I was basing my greenskins over the holidays, and my army list has "boar chariots" for the orcs, but as I was basing things I realized there weren't any boar chariots...but problem solved!

And that Mammothaur is just plain awesome.

Chris

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How did you guess my birthday was in June and I have a craving for fleshy Undead well played indeed sir well played indeed.

Verum Irae II

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Besides the typical fantasy tropes (elves, dwarves, etc.), where are you getting the inspiration for your more unique models and factions? Especially the Firmament, I don't see their likeness in other game settings.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

At one time I kicked around a separate sci-fantasy setting where the deity committed consciousness suicide, since it couldn't actually kill itself properly. It made itself corporeal and exploded across the globe into little shards, each of which representing an aspect of the deity's personality. So basically, to explain away anthropomorphic animals, maybe a giant shard embedded itself underground and started to change the animals that came into contact with it, making them stronger, smarter. Perhaps some of them were able to harness the power of creation inherent in these shards to command the earth to do their bidding. That is really where the idea from the moles+earth elementals came from.

In the end I decided to concentrate on normal fantasy tropes, as they sell more in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thedespot29 wrote:
At one time I kicked around a separate sci-fantasy setting where the deity committed consciousness suicide, since it couldn't actually kill itself properly. It made itself corporeal and exploded across the globe into little shards, each of which representing an aspect of the deity's personality. So basically, to explain away anthropomorphic animals, maybe a giant shard embedded itself underground and started to change the animals that came into contact with it, making them stronger, smarter. Perhaps some of them were able to harness the power of creation inherent in these shards to command the earth to do their bidding. That is really where the idea from the moles+earth elementals came from.

In the end I decided to concentrate on normal fantasy tropes, as they sell more in the end.

Not a bad concept to be honest. You could easily incorporate all the factions into your own setting if you choose to do so. Possibly your own set of 6mm rules maybe? Just like Splintered Light Miniatures with Mighty Armies, Pride of Lions, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any idea on a release date for the new beast kin miniatures? Specifically the fauns?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They should be up in the store in April, and the 3 new undead packs in May (ghouls, zombies, werebats)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

since ive gotten so much undead from ya already. id preorder those new undead packs lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thedespot29 wrote:
They should be up in the store in April, and the 3 new undead packs in May (ghouls, zombies, werebats)

It was my bday yesterday do we have fauns :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ha, the fauns will be another week or so, school+work have derailed my schedule a bit, but happy birthday!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

First of all I would like to say how wonderful your figures are and also how much I am looking forward to your next set of releases particularly the fauns and undead. I was wondering if the release of the molemen means that there will be no ratmen in the future. Given that skaven are one of the stalwarts of Gamesworkshop games like warhammer and warmaster I would have thought that they might be a popular range to pursue. Thank you for all of your work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I two would love a ratmen type thing....one of my fav fantasy baddies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the kind comments!

Don't worry, "wererats" are definitely planned. Originally I wanted them to be one of the armies for next year, but the schedule is pretty full. That being said, I have got a fair number of request for them, so I may push them up a bit.

Right now next year is looking something like Ogres, Kingdom of Light, Wildlands (finally) and the 4th slot was up in the air. I kind of want to release vanilla Elves, but wererats are appealing...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for getting back to me on that. Glad to hear wererats in the pipeline (no pun intended) all of the other releases sound great too. I can totally understand prioritising elves as they should be really popular too. The concept art for the ogres and kingdom of light also looked brilliant. In terms of codes for the wererats have you had any thoughts on troop types. Register a vote for cavalry on giant rats lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:09 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'm looking forward to the kingdom of light, the concepts were mindblowing! :)

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next