Login |  Register |  FAQ

Just after some tid bits of info!

Post subject: Just after some tid bits of info!
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was just after a few tid bits of info as Im planning my next year of budget, as my misses agreed that it was better to buy in bulk and spend less through out the year! (I think this is some kind of ploy to make me finish whole armies instead of buying sporadically and having projects spread all around the house!)

You made mention of releasing a whole gobbo army next year any chance of a sneak in to what things you have planned? I have a large army of gobbos from baccus, but I'm now hesitant to order any more to fill in the gaps I have in the army if a lot of these can be made from what you have planned!

Do you think there will be room for a dark/evil/not-chaos dwarf range in the future? I have seen some at irregular that seem like some of their better sculpts, but Its something that I may happily wait for if its something we will see from yourself in the future!

If something is out of stock in the 'individual' selection of the store, but I choose to order the army pack, does that mean it will hold the order up while recasts are made, or does the army packs have their own 'stock' levels?

And lastly, though this is a gamble to whether or not you would know, how much are we looking at for import tax when ordering from yourself? A quick google tells me around £20 for a £100 order, which is a high amount (god damn robbing royal mail!) I only asked as I didn't want to be hit with that on top, especially with my new budgetary rules from higher management!!

Many thanks! :)

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Just after some tid bits of info!
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

I would be interested in less-than-well-intentioned-dwarves as well :)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

First the customs question: I believe that the surcharge is now 8GBP, and orders over 15GBP are eligible. So if the value is over 15GBP, then the value+the shipping will receive about a 20% VAT tax and the 8GBP for the pleasure of collecting it from you. So, if you exceed the threshold, you are better off ordering more, as it will balance out the surcharge.

Here are some estimates:
$60 order - $8 shipping - $26 in taxes and fees (38% of the order+shipping value)
$100 order - $8 shipping - $34 in taxes and fees (31.5% of the order+shipping value)
$150 order - $8 shipping - $44 in taxes and fees (27.8% of the order+shipping value)

All of the above being said, I have had many customers get lucky and not be charged at all. It really seems to be quite random. I know it stings quite a bit to pay that much for the minis, I wish there was more I could do to alleviate it.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Now for more fun stuff.

Goblin Army - I was thinking of more conventional goblins, so no robed guys in this force.

Goblin warriors, Goblin archers, Goblin Spears - Think something along the lines of the way the goblins look in the plastic Battle of the 5 armies box set.
Goblin Foot Knights - Armored goblins with Halberds, armor of a style like that undercover fairy in Legend.
Trolls - 10mm tall, not the ridiculous nose and ear trolls of GW. Maybe slim waist, V shaped torso, long arms that come down to their knees. Not really very armored, maybe just loincloths and the odd leather shoulderpad. I will do one pack of stonethrowers and one pack armed with clubs and cleavers.
Bat Riders - I was thinking of a big bat ridden by 2 goblins in tandem, 1 with a spear and shield, the other with a bow.
Goblin catapult - Little catapult crewed by goblins.
Greater Troll War Rickshaw - 15mm tall armored war troll with a club, a rickshaw hooked up to his hips with a cart full of goblin archers. I just thought it wold be neat.
Giant Attack Platform - Similar in concept to the old Grenadier War Giant. Basically a big giant with a big platform on his shoulders. The platform is modular, you can either put a catapult + crew on each of his shoulders, or I will also have the archer howdah from the war rickshaw made to fit up there.

So this is what I was thinking for the goblins, any other requests? Cavalry? Hyena riders or some such?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Okay, Dread Dwarves! For the overall look, no big hats, and I think the beards are going to have to be normal looking beards. I want to avoid any trouble in the IP realm. I will most likely get concept art made for most of this army.

Dread Dwarf Arquebusiers
Dread dwarf foot (warhammers, shields)
Dread Dwarf axemen (2-handed axes)
Artillery + crew (Big mortar, alternate rocket battery)
Monotons - 15mm tall war golem in effigy of a minotaur. I saw it on a chaos dwarf blog, I thought it was an awesome idea.
Brass Bulls - Basically armored bull constructs/golems
Rolling Fortress - Armored, spiked wheels, pulled by brass bulls above, arquebusiers shooting out the sides, two different toppers. Either a turret with a cannon, or a throne with a Dread Dwarf Lord.
Dread D Lord on big Ash Drake

I have considered doing some fire elementals or magma men or something...but I can't paint fire well, so I am a bit (selfishly) hesitant. Any thoughts on any other desired troops?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Both idea's are friggin awesome man i can't wait to get my hands on these. As far as the brass bulls will they have lots of right angles making them look more robotish rather then organic curves?

Blind-

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thedespot29 wrote:
Now for more fun stuff.

Goblin Army - I was thinking of more conventional goblins, so no robed guys in this force.

Goblin warriors, Goblin archers, Goblin Spears - Think something along the lines of the way the goblins look in the plastic Battle of the 5 armies box set.
Goblin Foot Knights - Armored goblins with Halberds, armor of a style like that undercover fairy in Legend.
Trolls - 10mm tall, not the ridiculous nose and ear trolls of GW. Maybe slim waist, V shaped torso, long arms that come down to their knees. Not really very armored, maybe just loincloths and the odd leather shoulderpad. I will do one pack of stonethrowers and one pack armed with clubs and cleavers.
Bat Riders - I was thinking of a big bat ridden by 2 goblins in tandem, 1 with a spear and shield, the other with a bow.
Goblin catapult - Little catapult crewed by goblins.
Greater Troll War Rickshaw - 15mm tall armored war troll with a club, a rickshaw hooked up to his hips with a cart full of goblin archers. I just thought it wold be neat.
Giant Attack Platform - Similar in concept to the old Grenadier War Giant. Basically a big giant with a big platform on his shoulders. The platform is modular, you can either put a catapult + crew on each of his shoulders, or I will also have the archer howdah from the war rickshaw made to fit up there.

So this is what I was thinking for the goblins, any other requests? Cavalry? Hyena riders or some such?

Yes pls! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:55 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

my personal preference for trolls (and I really like the GW aesthetic) is a very traditional Jotun-type look, hairy with a big flat nose

I would be very interested in a goblin force, looking forward to seeing it become a reality :)

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator