Login |  Register |  FAQ

State of the Microworld 2015

Post subject: Re: State of the Microworld 2015
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some random previews that I didn't know where else to put really.

Bloat beasts for the demons (evil water bears!)

Lesser Cyclops and Beastkin Brutes:

Not sure when the beastkin stuff will be out, as I want to get some harpies done to go along with the release, both feathered and bat-wing versions.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any chance of a goblin command pack next year?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There is already a goblin command pack! ;)
Though you may have meant a night goblin command pack!

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd also be very interested in a command pack for the goblin side of the Orcs (if that makes sense).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That makes sense, like a robed goblin command pack? Possible I could squeeze it in next year.

I have some other goblinoid stuff in the works as well (shorter-than-the-hobgoblins-goblins, bugbears) but I'm not sure if they will come out next year or not. It is kind of packed as it is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RexHavoc wrote:
There is already a goblin command pack! ;)
Though you may have meant a night goblin command pack!

I dont see any "night goblins" on the site, only goblin spearmen/warriors and robed goblin archers ;)

Quote:
That makes sense, like a robed goblin command pack? Possible I could squeeze it in next year.

That would be swell, a robed goblin command would make it possible to do a pure robed goblin army.

Quote:
I have some other goblinoid stuff in the works as well (shorter-than-the-hobgoblins-goblins, bugbears) but I'm not sure if they will come out next year or not. It is kind of packed as it is.

Whats the inspiration for the bugbears?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just womdering if you had any update on the harpies? If not I might even finish painting the beastmen I've purchased so far before I add to lead pile....unheard of! Also any further forward with ratmen by any chance.?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I apologize, I missed the Bugbear question.

The shorter answer, at the most basic level, I just think bugbears look cool. There are also, to my knowledge, no bugbear miniatures in 6mm (or 10mm for that matter). As a bit of a longer, rambling sort of answer: A while ago I got "goblins" sculpted, people thought they were too big, Blindhorizon suggested calling them hobgoblins, which I did. Now, I have grown to really like the idea, and my conception of the hobgoblin army is cave trolls, spiders, etc. I would like to add some giant bat riders, and some sort of cave-dwelling large monster for them in the future to finish off the mountain / underground fortress theme.

Since the hobgoblins were released, I got some extra trolls sculpted, that look pretty different from the hill trolls of the hobgoblins. I was also thinking, that I did really want some shorter, non-robed goblins. I also really wanted a goblin siege giant, but I don't feel it fits in with my theme for the hobgoblins. So what to do? Easy, maker a separate goblinoid horde army. But if I am making a whole separate army, I might as well fill it up with some new units than just the common stuff, hence the Bugbears. I will preview some art and sculpts and such next year.

Harpies and ratmen (actually this goes for pretty much anything in the pipeline) haven't had much action as I am really backed up with releases at the moment. Not just normal releases, but massively expensive and ridiculously large releases. Before anything else happens, I need to release the first wave of the Microwasteland range. The moldmaker is delayed though, the current timeline is looking like mid December. I still don't even have half the masters to paint.

After that, the fantasy Ogre army. I actually have all of the molds finished and ready, but I don't have time to paint them for the store or release them until after Microwasteland 1. Then after that is the big 6mm scifi release with the modular supertank. Possibly concurrent to the release of the 6mm scifi stuff will be pre-orders for the first 15 codes in the Renaissance range.

So long story short, rats and harpies are definitely coming out next year, but no movement yet until I release some of the stuff I have in development to fill the warchest again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sounds like things are coming along, cant wait for the new ranges to come out and hope they do
really well which I am sure they will do. ;)

Have commissioned five sculpts to tie in with your were bat miniature so I can build an army of darkness,
will get you some pics when they become metal. However they will not have an enemy to fight until
your Italian renaissance guys hit the shelves.

Regards Epic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for your reply to my original question despot. You certainly have a full schedule. Lookong forward to your future releases and thank you for all the great miniatures

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking forward to your Desert Troops and Apoco vehicles !!!!! 8)