Login |  Register |  FAQ

Updated - Goblin Art and Sculpts Preview

Post subject: Re: Updated - Goblin Art and Sculpts Preview
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

yeah, i dont mind going away from the GW mindset of size personally.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Inspiration perhaps for the siege giant- a 6mm version would be incredible.

Attachments:
Giant.jpg
Giant.jpg [ 92.85 KiB | Viewed 3984 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thats freaking cool man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ha, you got it Lyle, that is exactly where my inspiration was coming from.

As an aside, from the looks of the size comparisons here:
http://www.taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/ ... =7&t=25905

my goblins should be about the same height as Baccus goblins, so at least they will mix well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very nice work, and I love the troll hurlers!
The goblins that are coming out, are they going to be replacing the current range of goblins, or be alongside them?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nope, they wont be replacing them, they will all still be available. I think I am also going to try to release a robed gobo archer by the end of the year also, for people that prefer that variety.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Been looking forward to the goblins for a while now. The spear gobbos and (especially) the archers are fantastic. The warriors are so-so (but then I have many more then I will ever need already so they were never going to excite me!) Its nice to see that the archers have proper size bows, considering most minis from this side of the pond come with the smallest looking sticks- both in 6mm and 10mm scale! So it be nice to get to paint some that will have room to have some ACTUAL colour on it! ;)

The command pack is brilliant, even though one or two of them are a little more miss than hit.
I love the shamen, and I will be getting several packs just for extras! I think some of the command pack will look better painted as one or two are hard to make out exactly what they look like!

I like the stone thrower, even if its a lot smaller then I expected, but then the ones I have from baccus are monstrously gigantic! There is a lack of detail on the machine its self, which is a shame because otherwise its lovely!

I am not a fan of the trolls I'm afraid. They look like over grown babies. The preview art looked a lot better, and even then I was hoping for some slightly armored trolls or perhaps something a little more like the traditional trolls of folk lore. I don't mean to come out too critical and especially don't want to come across as being harsh, but as trolls are one of the larger models, I feel in a 6mm scale army the larger stuff needs some that stands out slightly more and has more detail then the standard 6mm troop. They are more of a center piece model after all. These are little too much irregulars giant/troll models- Fine on mass, but very simple and detail-less, which is a shame as so much of the microworld range is some of the best detail I have seen on any scale- let alone in some of the travesties that exist in the 6mm scale!

I am likely to stick with ordering some 10mm scale ones and using less.

I love the siege wagon- I have no need for any as I have hundreds of snotling ones which are pretty similar, but I will still want some as its brilliant! Its going to look sweet once painted up in wood!

The spider riders- hmm. They look awesome, and are brilliant monsters, I would have thought they would have been a smaller scale mini- more in line with the wolf riders- and that the large one would be the hero/center piece mini. As they stand I (personally) don't have much call for many- one or two at most just for the fun of painting them up, partly as I live with a terrified arachnophobe, and the rest because I just wouldn't have use for them in any army. They do look great though. It is a shame that there bases is the odd shape, as its going to add a lot of time in blending it in to a plastic base! But that's just a nit pick! ;D

Its good to hear that you might go for a robed archer as well- Archer gobbos (as Ive said before!) are rare at this scale, and the ones that do exist are pretty crummy! When you released the art for these I got to thinking that it will be great to add to my goblins, but then It would be nice to have a cave gobbo army, but they they would need to borrow archers still! Its good to think that I could soon be able to have both!

Again, I apoligise if any one thinks Ive come across too critical, I'm just sharing my opinion, and I certainly couldn't do better!

I have to wait till everything that I will want this year is released, as I'd rather do one larger order and only get hit once with the awful postage charge. I got no problem putting postage in to your hand, but I refuse to line the pocket of royal mail, when they are clearly taking the @#*!!

(sorry for the longish post as well- Ive been off work for a while and other then the cat and the misses Ive not spoken to anybody! I'm a bit pent up and chatter boxy! ;D )

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Don't feel bad about expressing your opinion, at least you obviously have a passion for the scale. I will say that while the trolls are plain, I think the sculpting on them and their faces is pretty good.

I do want to do some giant-nosed Nordic style trolls at some point, and I am dying to do a not-uruk hai army with some armored trolls in it as well. All in good time!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thedespot29 wrote:
Yup, not Lovejoy for these guys, though he is typically my first choice! There are precious few sculptors willing to do 6mm!

Have you ever thought about talking to TacCmd's incredibly talented sculptor Khronos? :)
So far he's only done sci-fi stuff though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MrGonzo wrote:
thedespot29 wrote:
Yup, not Lovejoy for these guys, though he is typically my first choice! There are precious few sculptors willing to do 6mm!

Have you ever thought about talking to TacCmd's incredibly talented sculptor Khronos? :)
So far he's only done sci-fi stuff though.

He has sculpted my veridian knights for me, knights in full plate with rifles and pistols. Very nice stuff, they where around a 100 each extremely pricey.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As Blind has said, I'm afraid that even though he does really nice work, I could never justify the cost. 6mm Fantasy stuff just doesn't sell anywhere near enough.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah, fair enough.
Skillz do have their price!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great models, cant wait to see these being released!! I like the wide selection of weapons as well.

I like the trolls a lot and will use them for Lotr when I start that project up again. And please do a Urui-hai army as well ;D

Cheers
kieran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi! The upcoming range looks awesome! Is it too late to ask about the possibility of some red Indian style goblins?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Do you have a rough Idea when these will be hitting the store?

I'm in no rush, I have 6mm figures coming out of my ears right now, but I'm working out the rough dates of all the orders I intend to put in during the rest of the year, as its looking much like we will be moving abroad in about 12 months and we fully intend in taking a looooooong time off work, and wont be able to spend spend spend during this time!

I need to give my spending list to the misses so she can check it off as I'm leaving her in charge of the finances, and all the boring stuff. I'm only intending to spend the next two to three years doing physical labour around our homes, and painting little green skins!

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!