Login |  Register |  FAQ

Interested, but...

Post subject: Interested, but...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi. Been a long time since I've posted anything on this site. The recent announcement of the Strike Legion compendium has piqued my interest. I'm wondering though if that is my better bet for purchase or the original game + genome+skunk works. I'm not interested in the Victorian setting and the other three look like they will cover my interests quite nicely for less individually than for the compendium.

Another point of concern is the reference to redesigned ammunition rules in the compendium description. How does that work in a nutshell. My concern is that in a game I recently tried a vehicle rolled out of ammo on the first turn of a game, which does not appeal to me.

I have downloaded the plain brown wrapper and have tried a very small engagement, I do like the basic mechanics and want to expand in order to use the 6mm figures I bought a while back but didn't care for the rules I got to try with them.

Thanks in advance

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Interested, but...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sarge,

Most of the VSF elements included in the game are simply a reduction of relative tech levels or minor alterations to existing rules. The longest dedicated section for VSF (and historically-based forces) deals with infantry formations and their movement; these sections are easily skipped over. Most of the other VSF unit-specific rules (airships, landships, dirigibles, etc.) have been relegated to the optional rules section.

The Depletion numbers are used to reflect the relative number of missiles of each type carried by a vehicle and are (in most cases) no longer limited to firing one missile per activation; each vehicle can fire additional missiles during the same turn by increasing the weapon's Depletion number.

Players can also purchase in-game dice re-rolls as part of their force for any scenario; these can be used to re-roll any single die rolled, including Depletion rolls.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OK, willing to give it a shot. I figure if I the ammo rule bother me that much I can crib together some house rules.

Also, are the unit cards on the website still usable with the compendium or do they need updating?

Edit: downloaded and reading now...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The unit cards need to be updated, but taking some time away from it for a few days. May have some temporary fixes to make them playable under the new rules sometime next week.