Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Squats: Thurgrimm Strongholds 1.6.1 (Finally!)

Post subject: Re: Squats: Thurgrimm Strongholds 1.6.1 (Finally!)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Luckily I had not painted my collection of Squat forces. I have re-organised them into new formations based on the new Squat list. All I really need now is another Hearthguard unit, buy I doubt there will be a game large enough where I need to field all my forces.

Here is my current (unpainted collection).

Squat Warhost Army – 10,400 Points Total
Core Brotherhood Formations – 4350 Points
700 Points – Warrior Brotherhood – 1 x Grand Warlord, Living Ancestor, Hearthguard, 9 x Warriors, Leviathan with Flak Cannon
275 Points – Warrior Brotherhood – 1 x Hearthguard, 9 x Warriors, 10 Rhinos
600 Points – Warrior Brotherhood – 1 x Hearthguard, 9 x Warriors, Leviathan with Flak Cannon
600 Points – Warrior Brotherhood – 1 x Hearthguard, 9 x Warriors, Leviathan with Flak Cannon
275 Points – Berserker Brotherhood – 1 x Hearthguard, 9 x Berserkers, 5 x Rhinos
275 Points – Berserker Brotherhood – 1 x Hearthguard, 5 x Berserkers, 4 x Termites
325 Points – Berserker Brotherhood – 1 x Hearthguard, 9 x Berserkers, Mole War Engine Transport
200 Points – Berserker Brotherhood – 1 x Hearthguard, 5 x Berserkers, 3 x Rhinos
300 Points – Thunderers – 4 Thunderers, 2 Warriors, 2 Thunderfires
200 Points – Thunderers – 4 Thunderers, 2 Warriors, 3 Rhinos
Brother Support Formations ( 2 per Brotherhood) – 3575 Points
475 Points – Overlords – 2 x Overlord Airships
400 Points – Iron Eagle – 6 x Iron Eagle Gyrocopters
225 Points – Biker Guild – I x Guildmaster, 3 x Guild Trikes, 4 x Guild Bikes
225 Points – Thudd Gunn Battery – 6 Thudd Guns
225 Points – Thudd Gunn Battery – 6 Thudd Guns
175 Points – Mole Mortar Battery – 6 Mole Mortars
War Engines (max 1/3 of army points total) – 2475 Points
350 Points – Goliath – 2 x Goliath Mega-Cannons, 1 Iron Eagle Spotter
550 Points – Goliath – 3 x Goliath Mega-Cannons, 2 Iron Eagle Spotters
475 Points – Colossus – 1 x Colossus with Flak Cannon
500 Points – Cyclops – 1 Cyclops with Flak
600 Points – Land Train – 1 Engine and 1 each of Berserker, Rad Bomb, Dragon and Siege Mortar Cars

I have been painting up other armies, and finishing off commission painting for a mate of mine. Battletech minis that at mates rates from 15 years ago, now are losing me money for each one I paint, thus I am not doing commission painting any more.

Anyway, I still have a White Scars, the Squats, the Vraksians (almost finished them), the Dark Eldar (also almost finished painting them), Sisters, Chaos Titan Legion (Dark Mechanicus), Emperor's Children (partly painted), the start of an Ork army, Sian-Han Eldar, and lastly Daemons/Daemon Engines (mostly Slaanesh and Khorne).

I might try a little testing of this list. I have to agreed to test the new Dark Eldar 2017 - 1.0 as well, so I may as well test this list also.

It does look Powerful. So many formations decently costed for what they do. Many formations have upgrades that cover their weaknesses. Thunderers now can garrison on objectives, and with the Thunderfire cannons, provide powerful AA. The force will be really mobile as well, utilising either Leviathans, Rhinos, or Moles/Hellbores/Termites to get the force where they need it. The Indirect and Psuedo Indirect (without the double range) weaponry will be powerful. The formation of 6 Iron Eagles will a big target. Overall, the ground based AA, and the changes in formations have only added 325 points to the old list I had worked out.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's an awful lot of Squat miniatures you have there Deb.

I'd like to see your take on what you would put in a 3000 point army list

Just one aside, the spotter gyrocopters go with the Colossus, not the Goliath. I can see that the PDF printer has messed up the alignment a little there

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OK noted, will change the list to give spotter to Collossus. That just means 1 more Gyrocopter formation. I will work out a list once I have redone the list. When I used to play Epic when they had just the square bases, and they used cards for the formations, I had over 15,000 units split up between space marines, imperial guard, eldar, tryanids, squats, orks, titan legions, and Chaos. I stupidly sold them off or traded them for other miniatures or collectable cards when I had to move, and did not space for them, and all my 40K and fantasy I had collected.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OK, here is a list I made up very quickly. It may not be the best, but it incorporates formations I tend to give squats. Good defensive formations, and some nice fast formations to take the fight to the enemy.

Squat 1.61 List 3000 point army
Brotherhood Formations – 900 Points
325 Points – Warrior Brotherhood – 1 x Warlord, 1 x Hearthguard, 9 x Warriors, 11 Rhinos
275 Points – Berserker Brotherhood – 1 x Hearthguard, 9 x Berserkers, 5 x Termites
300 Points – Thunderers – 4 Thunderers, 2 Warriors, 2 Thunderfire AA guns
Support Formations – 1150 points
200 Points – Iron Eagle – 4 x Iron Eagle Gyrocopters
500 Points – 2 x Overlord Airships with 1 upgraded with a Flak AA cannon
War Engines – 950 points
650 points – Colossus + Flak turret + Iron Eagle Spotter + Living Ancestor [BTS]
300 points – 2 Goliath Mega Cannon

The THunderers and Goliaths near the Blitz. The Colossus and Brotherhood to take or hold near objectives, and get in the enemy's face. The Berserkers in Termites the Bikers, and the gyrocopters to get into enemy territory, and take or deny objectives to them. The Overlords to support either the brotherhood or the bikers and provide a mobile flak and heavier weapons support for them. The list is not strong, and I could have Spammed either Overlords, or gyrocopters, but I tried to make it balanced.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's a solid, all-rounder list there Deb!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Elsaurio wrote:
That's a solid, all-rounder list there Deb!

And best of all, it actually looks like a Squat Army from the Days of Fluff! :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I introduced the new list in a thread on wargamer.au One player still thinks the list is overpowered and still needs nerfing.

Particularly the ability to hide the thunderfire cannons within either Thunderers or warrior formations. He thinks the points cost for Goliath Megacannons are cheap for a range 120cm indirect 3BP each unit where you get 2 for 300 points, and 2 DC for each 150 points. His other comment was that the infantry are too cheap, especially the Thunderers. He compared them to Long fangs and said the Thunderers had more weaponry than the LF for less points, and also got 2 warrior units to use as ablative armour.

His comments were not positive about the overlords. Particularly their ability to spot for war engines giving them a similar ability to indirect (they do not need LOS, but do not get double the weapon range). He said people would spam 3 formations of 1 Overlord and have pie dish zones across the board where the overlords spotted for the artillery.

I think many of his comments are a bit too much. You are definitely on the right track. I think the Overlords should be forced to either chose to be spotters, and not get into weapons range of the enemy, or get closer to shoot it out, and still be able to provide spotting , but risk enemy weapons fire. My suggestion was that they could have their main weapons reduced from 60cm down to 45cm, but have their rate of fire increased, or to hit roll improved. Their 4+RA with 3DC should help them a bit. Probably make them a 2-3 formation, so they can not be spammed as mobile spotters, so much but more as a mobile fire support formation.

The thunderfire cannons are both a powerful weapon to add and hide in an infantry formation, but they slow down the formation, and would be lost if the formation were routed/ broken when enemy forced them to flee in an engagement

I think the Goliath Megacannons are too powerful for the points you pay for them, but a 50 point cost increase would balance them. However they are part of the 1/3 war engines, so you would not be able to take many of them currently. Vraksians can get 3 Minotaur tanks as part of their support forces for 350 points and provide a range 120cm indirect 6BP attack. They also get walker, thick rear armour, and a 4+RA save. They are crazy , but I do not think I could viably afford more than 1 formation in a 3000 point army.

I like the idea of being able to mix and match infantry adding berserkers to warriors, etc. They make up for each others weaknesses. Also it helps if a player is having difficulties getting mins for their army, and does not have enough warriors to finish off a formation.

I have compared their cost to normal guardians, and they are about the same. Squats do get a save, even a poor one, and every warrior unit gets a range 45cm AP5+AT6+ attack, as opposed to the IGs one in every 2 get the autocannon. You get 9 warriors or berserkers and a Hearthguard plus their rhino transports for 275 points compared to the guards equivalent of an infantry platoon a platoon commander, and 12 infantry units for 275 points or if they have 7 chimeras, they cost 425 points (another 150 points).

Conclusion the warrior/berserker formations are cheap when compared to armies like Dark Eldar, Marines, and Guard when you factor in transports. Perhaps add 50 points on for the transports. I do not really have a suggestion for them. Testing will determine if they really are too cheap, or correctly priced.

The Thunderers however are too cheap for what you get. They will likely be positioned in cover, and have a very nasty zone of weapons fire to protect the Thunderfire cannons. Perhaps increase their points or drop the 2 warrior units.

Until I get a few games in, I will not be able to be sure if these initial conclusions are correct.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was reading through the topic on Squat Spacecraft, aircraft, and came up with a totally unrelated idea based on a post about aircraft/WE bomber insertion and tunnellers.

Traditionally, back in the old - Old - OLD days when they still had cards for formations, I seem to remember one for a Hearthguard formation led by the Warlord.

You could add them into the core formations with a 0 - 1 limit. It would consist of a Warlord in Exo-Armour and 5 Exo-Armoured Hearth Guard. You could upgrade the Warlord to a Grand Warlord for 50 points, and they get Rhinos with each Exo-armour unit taking up a 2 transport slots. They can have Termites as an option to replace the Rhinos. They should be costed to suit their role as an Elite close assault/FF hard as nails, and hard to kill off formation. 350 points +50 points if you upgrade to grand warlord.

Their stats should be something like:
Move 15cm, Save 4+, CC 3+ EA +1 MW, FF 4+ IC, Ranged weapons: range 15cm AP4+/AT6+ Sonic Cannon, IC. Their special rules would be: reinforced armour, (possibly fearless), thick rear armour. For 350 to 400 points ( a great many points just to get 6 units) you get 6 units that can be delivered directly into assault via termites in the enemies own table edge, and can hold their own if they win the engagement. However once they get on the objective, they can just as easily be worn down or suppressed, with the the possibility of the Supreme commander in a vulnerable position (if upgrade taken), and his bonus lost when the formation is destroyed. They would be the Squats answer to Terminators delivered via t/hawk gunship, or being transported via l/raider, but with a weaker transport.

It is an idea, and would change the Squat meta, back to their old tactics, of ranged artillery, supported by dug in infantry and AA, with gyro copters and airships zooming about supporting the fast guild bikes/ trikes with mechanised infantry and berzerkers in rhinos or tunnellers advancing to assault the enemy. The core exo-armour units leading the assaults, and the slow war engines slowly advancing providing long range fire support.

It is just an idea, but it would make players think hard about how they want to design their armies. The 350-400 points would be a big point soak, and can help score the Squats the Blitz, or the BTS. It could also mean less Gyrocopters, or Overlords in the Squat list and they as needed for the Exo-armour formation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Calman posting at Wargamerau wrote:

Extra Troops option, 4 units for 75 points, too cheap
Two Goliath Mega- Cannon 300pts
150pts for a DC2 WE, WAY TOO CHEAP
with 120cm 3PB, Ignore Cover, Indirect Fire
with the spotter rule , people will run 3
overlord airships as spotters and cover map in pie plates

We found in 1.5 that most people avoided basic infantry like the plague as they were subpar. A warrior base should cost about 20 points and 4 for 75 seems fair. I still think that 'extra troops' selection is the weakest option in there, mostly for players who have large collections.

The goliath has been at 300 points for a number of years now with few complaints. I am loathe to change it as it is the army's only 'reach out and touch' unit, as the Squats have no teleport, aircraft, spacecraft or fast moving tanks. It also comes out of the Sqaut's precious, precious War Engine slot, and of all the army list I have only ever seen one at best. I understand it looks cheap when compared to the Guard Basilisks but in an army context if Goliaths get any weaker/expensive they probably won't be taken.

Calman posting at Wargamerau wrote:
Thunders with better firepower than longfangs
for 200 points you also get 2 extra warriors to use as ablative armour
apears to have the best AA gun in the game as an upgrade
Thunderfire AA Gun AV 5cm 5+ - 6+ Thunderfire Battlecannon 60cm AP4+/AT4+/AA4+
to Tactical squads for 50pts

SM longfangs and SM hunter are both far superior to both:

Longfangs: Strategy Rating 5, Activation 1+, 'They shall know no fear'
Mv 15cm , 4+, 5+, 3+ 2 x Missile Launcher 45cm AP5+/AT6+, 1 Lascannon 45cm AT5+

Thunderers: Strategy Rating 2, Activation 2+
Mv 15cm, 6+, 6+, 4+ 1 x Missile Launcher 45cm AP5+/AT6+, 2 Hvy Bolter 30cm AP4+

Longfangs are better than Thunderers in every way. They have three weapons at 45cm. Thunderers have 1. 30cm heavy bolters are next to useless. Remember that as a rule, AT is worth more than AP

SM Hunter: 30cm 5+,6+,6+ 1x Hunterkiller 60cm AT4+/AA4+
Thunderfire: 5cm 6+,-,6+ 1 x Thunderfire cannon 60cm AP4+/AT4+/AA4+

Yes the thunderfire has a bit of AP that the hunter lacks, but you can be assured that they'll be firing in AT mode 99% of the time, and it certainly doesn't compare to the Hunter's speed, armour, strat rating and initiative. Especially since in 1.5 the Thunderfire was rocking a AP3+/AT3+ gun

Squats intentionally have good ground based AA as they lack aircraft completely. The only other army that lacks aircraft is feral orks and they are rocking a Macro weapon AA gun on top on DC 4 or 6 War Engine.

Deb wrote:

You could add them into the core formations with a 0 - 1 limit. It would consist of a Warlord in Exo-Armour and 5 Exo-Armoured Hearth Guard. You could upgrade the Warlord to a Grand Warlord for 50 points, and they get Rhinos with each Exo-armour unit taking up a 2 transport slots. They can have Termites as an option to replace the Rhinos. They should be costed to suit their role as an Elite close assault/FF hard as nails, and hard to kill off formation. 350 points +50 points if you upgrade to grand warlord.

Exo armoured squads have been floated about before. They would be similar stats/price to terminators and could be useful.

I hesitate to add them in for two reasons:

1: I want to get the army balanced as is before adding in any new troops

2: It's hard to get the models - there was only a single base of exo troops in the old squat infantry box set.

[quote="Deb"
have compared their cost to normal guardians, and they are about the same. Squats do get a save, even a poor one, and every warrior unit gets a range 45cm AP5+AT6+ attack, as opposed to the IGs one in every 2 get the autocannon. You get 9 warriors or berserkers and a Hearthguard plus their rhino transports for 275 points compared to the guards equivalent of an infantry platoon a platoon commander, and 12 infantry units for 275 points or if they have 7 chimeras, they cost 425 points (another 150 points).
[/quote]

Just a quick aside is Squat warriors DO have the 1 autocannon per 2 bases like the guard. As for the comparison with guard, remember that chimeras are worth about 25 pts (they come with a gun) and rhinos are worth about 10pts

I haven't changed the infantry stats and prices much since 1.5, and in 1.5 it was seen that the infantry was a poor choice, mostly taken at minimum sizes in order to unlock OP support.

Aw with everything, playtesting and battle reports are the best feedback, but thankyou and keep it coming!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

beefcake4000 wrote:
So here's an attempt at Squats 1.6. Basically an army that crosses the board rapidly and essentially tag teams a berserker/bike unit with an overlord/gyro/train so it’s all about engagement.

Berzerkers + Rhinos (200)
Berzerkers + Rhinos (200)
Thunderer unit + 2 Thunderfires (300)
Bikers – 225
Bikers -225
Bikers + Warlord – 275
Overlord + Flak 275
Overlord
6 Gyrocopters – 300
Goliath – 300
Land Train, Siege Mortar, 2x Berzerker Cars -450

The more I think about it the more I think it will probably suck. Doesn’t have the firepower to outshoot much so I’m assuming I can get tag team assaults going with units that activate on a 2+ and an army with strat rating 2… It’s the best I’ve got though unless someone else can think of something awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mic Fair wrote:
Interesting. I like the overlords now other maybe a bit concerned how good they are at engagements! 5 dice a 3+ is pretty rad for all those guns. I struggle with bolted arrays but that's just me. I would consider dropping them to FF 4.
I see you've dropped a lot of the indirect of the missiles off the WE, I like that.
Thunder fires now move 5cm, what's the thinking there?
I like the "long range cannons, anti-tank gun" name change of battle cannons to tone them back.
Michael Fair
Michael
A good place to test it again. My only real thing would be overlords to FF 4. Happy to give you a game soon

I was considering other DC 3 war engines from that 200-300pt bracket. None have more than 3 dice in engagement and other the stormhammer they all have 4+ in FF or worse. In combat the overlord is getting nearly twice as many hits in engagement than a warhound. With the bomb racks the overlord still has really good shooting. A feral Titan (chaos warhound) even with a combat head gets extra 2 dice in FF but they have 5+FF and they are meant to be combat orientated. IMHO Overlords are still to good for the points. Sorry man, I know your doing a good job with the list but it's how I see it regarding the overlords.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The first 2 quotes you gave were from the other persons post on Wargamer.au, not my quotes, I just mention where they could be found.

As to the last quote, I had misread the squat rules for their troops, and thought each unit got the missile launcher, not 1 in every 2, so my mistake there. As to the Exo-armour, It was a suggestion, and it might even be included down the track. I found there are alternative minis for them about.

Vanguard cybershadows heavy cyborgs are a good alternative for them.

http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/cy ... y-cyborgs/

Also try the HLS who still have Guild Myrmidon squads that are perfect for them

https://hlsmodels.com/collections/exodu ... idon-squad

There are even enough for a few formations of the original exo-armour minis (but at inflated prices) at craftworld games.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Elsaurio wrote:
Deb wrote:

Extra Troops option, 4 units for 75 points, too cheap
Two Goliath Mega- Cannon 300pts
150pts for a DC2 WE, WAY TOO CHEAP
with 120cm 3PB, Ignore Cover, Indirect Fire
with the spotter rule , people will run 3
overlord airships as spotters and cover map in pie plates

We found in 1.5 that most people avoided basic infantry like the plague as they were subpar. A warrior base should cost about 20 points and 4 for 75 seems fair. I still think that 'extra troops' selection is the weakest option in there, mostly for players who have large collections.

The goliath has been at 300 points for a number of years now with few complaints. I am loathe to change it as it is the army's only 'reach out and touch' unit, as the Squats have no teleport, aircraft, spacecraft or fast moving tanks. It also comes out of the Sqaut's precious, precious War Engine slot, and of all the army list I have only ever seen one at best. I understand it looks cheap when compared to the Guard Basilisks but in an army context if Goliaths get any weaker/expensive they probably won't be taken.

Quote:
Thunders with better firepower than longfangs
for 200 points you also get 2 extra warriors to use as ablative armour
apears to have the best AA gun in the game as an upgrade
Thunderfire AA Gun AV 5cm 5+ - 6+ Thunderfire Battlecannon 60cm AP4+/AT4+/AA4+
to Tactical squads for 50pts

SM longfangs and SM hunter are both far superior to both:

Longfangs: Strategy Rating 5, Activation 1+, 'They shall know no fear'
Mv 15cm , 4+, 5+, 3+ 2 x Missile Launcher 45cm AP5+/AT6+, 1 Lascannon 45cm AT5+

Thunderers: Strategy Rating 2, Activation 2+
Mv 15cm, 6+, 6+, 4+ 1 x Missile Launcher 45cm AP5+/AT6+, 2 Hvy Bolter 30cm AP4+

Longfangs are better than Thunderers in every way. They have three weapons at 45cm. Thunderers have 1. 30cm heavy bolters are next to useless. Remember that as a rule, AT is worth more than AP

SM Hunter: 30cm 5+,6+,6+ 1x Hunterkiller 60cm AT4+/AA4+
Thunderfire: 5cm 6+,-,6+ 1 x Thunderfire cannon 60cm AP4+/AT4+/AA4+

Yes the thunderfire has a bit of AP that the hunter lacks, but you can be assured that they'll be firing in AT mode 99% of the time, and it certainly doesn't compare to the Hunter's speed, armour, strat rating and initiative. Especially since in 1.5 the Thunderfire was rocking a AP3+/AT3+ gun

Squats intentionally have good ground based AA as they lack aircraft completely. The only other army that lacks aircraft is feral orks and they are rocking a Macro weapon AA gun on top on DC 4 or 6 War Engine.

Quote:

Exo armoured squads have been floated about before. They would be similar stats/price to terminators and could be useful.

I hesitate to add them in for two reasons:

1: I want to get the army balanced as is before adding in any new troops

2: It's hard to get the models - there was only a single base of exo troops in the old squat infantry box set.

Quote:
have compared their cost to normal guardians, and they are about the same. Squats do get a save, even a poor one, and every warrior unit gets a range 45cm AP5+AT6+ attack, as opposed to the IGs one in every 2 get the autocannon. You get 9 warriors or berserkers and a Hearthguard plus their rhino transports for 275 points compared to the guards equivalent of an infantry platoon a platoon commander, and 12 infantry units for 275 points or if they have 7 chimeras, they cost 425 points (another 150 points).

Just a quick aside is Squat warriors DO have the 1 autocannon per 2 bases like the guard. As for the comparison with guard, remember that chimeras are worth about 25 pts (they come with a gun) and rhinos are worth about 10pts

I haven't changed the infantry stats and prices much since 1.5, and in 1.5 it was seen that the infantry was a poor choice, mostly taken at minimum sizes in order to unlock OP support.

Aw with everything, playtesting and battle reports are the best feedback, but thankyou and keep it coming!

I agree with everything you say here Els. Only point I'd make is, as you know, I think warriors and bezerker are a bit overcosted in the new list (see maths in previous comments). So the opposite of the issue of them being too cheap.

Regarding Mic's comments on the overlord. I get where he's coming from but these things aren't fearless or inspiring so if prepped they're still going to lose almost every assault they get involved in and the new stats means you are encouraged to put them more in harms way. I'm looking forward to testing it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Deb wrote:
The first 2 quotes you gave were from the other persons post on Wargamer.au, not my quotes, I just mention where they could be found.

As to the last quote, I had misread the squat rules for their troops, and thought each unit got the missile launcher, not 1 in every 2, so my mistake there. As to the Exo-armour, It was a suggestion, and it might even be included down the track. I found there are alternative minis for them about.

Vanguard cybershadows heavy cyborgs are a good alternative for them.

http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/cy ... y-cyborgs/

Also try the HLS who still have Guild Myrmidon squads that are perfect for them

https://hlsmodels.com/collections/exodu ... idon-squad

There are even enough for a few formations of the original exo-armour minis (but at inflated prices) at craftworld games.

Thanks Deb. I have edited the posts to clarify where the information came from.

Something that has been requested is to crosspost all discussion back here at Taccoms. I have been trying to include all information that has been posted across at Wargamerau or in private messages to me.

Thankyou for the links to alternative miniatures! Exo-armoured squats are top of the list in "possible new units list"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Elsaurio,
just working through the list to put something together for a playtest. I've got a few questions that hopefully you can answer.
1) Mole - if the Mole is part of the formation that it is transporting, then it will be destroyed for being out of formation as soon as the infantry moves off.
2) Hellbore - in v1.5 it was DC4 and Transport(16). In 1.6 it is DC3 and Transport(10) - is this a typo?
3) Leviathan is listed in the Transport section as being an Independent War Engine (which I assume means it is a separate formation). I think this is a typo since it is also listed in the WE 1/3 - I assume it should be attached as part of the core infantry formation for +300pts, or taken as an independent WE from the WE 1/3 for 325pts.
4) Leviathan currently listed with a bolter array, which you'd planned to remove to match the stats with the Cadian list.
5) How does the "Fighting Deck" work?
a) Can the units be swapped whenever I like? e.g. if it is transporting (warriors+thunderfire) during an Advance action, I could shoot the Thunderfire, while an Assault, i'd use the warriors.
b) Would Thunderfires provide AA while being transported in the Leviathan?
c) Do the units on the fighting deck take casualties if the Leviathan comes under fire?
d) Do the units on the fighting deck take casualties in an assault?

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next